Flat Irons & Spiral Curls...

Namilani

Ya'll are gonna get sick of me and my flat iron questions, lol, buuuuuuuuuuuttttt which ones can you do spiral curls with? Since I was referred to Folica.com (thanks so much!!) I have an idea of my price range and size... But which ones can spiral curl, too? The Solia (which I'm loving in pink, but is still pretty steep at $88) does and the True Ceramic Pro... But I've heard HORROR stories about the True Ceramic Pro!! So any suggestions so I can have an all-in-one tool? I'd spend a little more for one that can do both. TIA!!

I have a Solia, and apparently you can use it to make curls. My sister tried it and she used it to add some pretty curls to the ends of her ponytail. I haven't tried yet myself. But yes, it does work!:)

Thanks ladies! I may end up getting that pink Solia (1-inch, and it's free shipping). I hope somebody can swoop in and save me with one that's around $60. I looked on eBay and there are TOO many and some don't list if they spiral curl. Lord knows I'd be here until Christmas asking all these sellers if they do! And who knows if they really know! Is there are certain look to the ones that spiral? So based on what jaded_faerie said: Sedu, Chi, Solia, and Maxiglide all spiral curl? I think I saw that FHI does. Anyone know much about the JDL?

The Maxiglide is too bulk to spiral curl, you can bump your ends with it but that is about it.

cincybrownsugar said:
The Maxiglide is too bulk to spiral curl, you can bump your ends with it but that is about it.

I saw some pics and wondered about that one. I'm not gonna get one of those because I (and my hair) HATE irons with teeth. They are too rough for my taste!!

I agree the maxiglide is too bulky. As long as the flat iron is small, 1in or smaller you should be able to spiral curl it.

I dont have any suggestions for $60 flat iron, but I would recommend the CHI--you might be able to find it off ebay or half.com

Back