Flaxseed oil in liquid form?

L.A. Woman

The flaxseed oil I was taking came in huge pods. The effort I had to put into making them go down easy caused my throat to close off so badly I could only take in liquids and mushy foods for 2 days. At first I thought it was the flu (until that hit me for real a week after)

Where can I find pure flaxseed oil I could take in tablespoons or put as a dressing on salads?
I've looked in supermarkets and organic markets and I'm finding every oil under the sun except flaxseed.

Also is there anyone out there who takes all their supplements in liquids only? If so, what do you take?

notsomebody

I found some in a health food store. But, I have to say, it just sat in my fridge forever. I have to be able to keep my vitamins together or I won't take them.

Also, (Somewhat OT) I also had that nasty flu. My doctor said that you could have it for up to two weeks before you show any symptoms of it. Of course that is also when it is most contagious. I hope you are feeling better, I have definitely decided to get flu shots every year. Anyone know if they have any effect on the hair?

tc_333

Hey LA Women,

I got mine from the local heath food store. It's in the refrigeration section. (Be sure to ask a salesperson, I sure had to!!!) HTH,

T

I got mine from a very good nutritional/supplement store. Flax seed oil is kept in the fridge so ask for it by name and they'll pull a bottle out for you.

I just finished my bottle today and will buy another tommorrow. I couldn't swallow the huge capsules plus I read that the alot of the nutrients are lost during the heat sealing of the capsules anyway.

Hope you find it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

karezone

I got some cold milled flaxseeds from walmart the other day and I plan on using them on salad.