Flaxseed Oil

peppers01

I am new to the long hair forum and I thank all the women for their wisdom and suggestions for our crown and glory:grin:. Anywho, about 2 years ago, I began taking flaxseed oil (2 tablespoons per day) for my acne problem. I've had acne since puberty and I'm a 25 year-old woman. Well as I began to use it, for the first time in years, my face began to clear up and glow. I received all types of compliments from family members about my skin. No more expensive acne treatments that don't work for me:nono:.
What I wasn't prepared for was how long and healthy my hair would become. At the time that I began taking the oil, I didn't put together my hair growth and actually taking it. About 2 months ago, I stopped taking it because the stores that I went to to buy it didn't have fresh stock of it. Then the disaster happened, my hair began breaking horribly in the back where my ponytail usually is:wallbash:. Before I noticed my hair growth, I wasn't trying to grow my hair, because it usually breaks off at a certain point of growth and I wore weave anyway. But the more it grew, the more I began to care about how healthy it was. Now I've resumed taking the flaxseed oil and using shea butter products, detangling shampoo, deep condition, and heat protectant to keep my hair moisturized and strong. So hopefully with the use of tips from this forum, my hair will be back to it's FULL glory.
By the way, my hair reaches about an inch past my bra, it's just thin. Flax seed oil also has dozens of other health benefit, and you can find it in Walmart or any drug or health store in a black bottle for like $5 to $10. So if anyone has any tips for products to regrow the broken hair, it would be very much appreciated. Hope this helps!

The following link is part research I did, after coming to my conclusion about one of the benefits of flaxseed oil, so that my opinion wouldn't be biased based on seeing this article beforehand. We all know that you can't trust exactly what you read on the internet.
http://www.flaxseedoil.ws/hair.php

locabouthair

flaxseed oil reduced my breakouts when I was consistently taking it.

I was mainly taking it for my hair to grow in softer. Havent seen any results with the hair yet. Glad it's working for you.

RegaLady

OMG, Thank you for posting this and welcome!
I am currently taking a tablespoon of flax seed oil and pills for my skin. I have seen a glow that I have not been able to see in the past 2 months.:yep: And I have just started taking it this past week. A friend of mine told me how fast her hair was growing with Omega 369. My hair is growing, but I would like to see how well it will benefit it more in the future:yep:.

LovelyRae

I agree flaxseed oil is amazing, clears up acne like a charm and it does wonders for my hair and scalp...and welcome to the forum!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I started being more consistent with my flaxseed a few weeks ago. I am taking 2 tablespoons at night before bed.

Welcome and congrats on your success! :welcome::newbie::congrats:

dcprdiva

Are you taking it as a liquid or a pill? I was taking Flaxseed oil in a pill (softgel) and it made my new growth managable and soft - my skin also glowed -but I couldn't really tell because my skin has never really had issues.... I take Flax in a softgel for overall health.