Flexi Rods with Lots of New Growth

spellinto

I've only seen tutorials for flexi rods on hair that's naturally straight, freshly relaxed, blow dried, flat ironed, or with a straight-haired weave/extensions. I'm 12 weeks post (relaxing next week) and although I keep my new growth stretched, I do not want to apply heat to use flexi rods. (The last time I used the rods, I flat ironed my roots but that was a process!)

Do any of you relaxed ladies use flexi rods when you're DEEP into your stretch with a lot of new growth? If you use flexi rods during your stretch, do you find your new growth to be an issue? If so, what are your tips for styling with a lot of new growth? Thanks ladies :)

AmiJay

Jeni from justgrowalready just did a post using flexirods. She's pretty deep into her stretch and it came out looking really cute.

faithVA

Check out the videos on naturaloasisproducts.com. She has a yt channel but I can't think of it.

She does flexi rod sets on natural hair and they come out very nice. The key is in keeping tension the entire time you are twisting.

I haven't mastered them yet. The last time I tried I must have used too much tension because my head hurt.

BGT

I've seen someone called "Zane and Rob" (something like that) post about this technique before. The results look very beautiful :yep: I will keep this technique to test out later!

It's really easy and I always get a lot of compliments! :yep: