FLEXI RODS

soslychic

I've been hearing a lot on flexi rods. I was wondering if someone could post a pic of them so that I know what I am looking for. Also, could someone give me a step by step instructions of how to roll your hair with flexi rods because I am so clueless. I've been looking at the posts but I havn't found a description that I completely understand. Also, my hair is short (When I take the braids out, it'll be about 1 inches below nape all the way around hopefully after my cut to even it) Anyway, do you think this style would cause too much shrinkage for my hair to look good in that style?

Allandra

The flexi rod rollers are different than regular ole magnetic rollers. I actually find them easier to use (when I used to use them). I guess it's still kind of like roller setting, but with different types of rollers.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
ok ladies I would like to try a flexi rod set on my hair for fun. Can you ladies who know how to use them give me some tips and instructions. I haven't a clue about how to use flexi-rods at all. Oh yeah and how do you make them stay in your hair securely...pictures would be great too ...hehe

chocolate01

I have some pics in my Jan album that you can check out. Basically I roll them like I would a regular magnetic roller but you bend the ends together to secure them. I hope that makes sense, once you see the pic you'll get it. When you take them out pull them down so looks like a spiral, shirley temple type curl. I onnly use about 10-15 rollers (I use the purple ones found at Sally's) and then separate the curls to make it look fuller. The pw to my album is in my profile.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Thanx Chocolate! I appreciate the response and pics. I hope that it works out for me.I don't put the rods in sideways to get the shirley temple curl effect?

Mizani_Mrs

Yea, you are not the only one who doesnt get how to use Flexi-rods. I have purchased them like 2years ago and i still haven't figured it out??? :confused:

Cause when i bend the ends, my hair still ends up loosening, so my hair is not firmly hugging the roller, thus my rollerset ends up frizzy. :ohwell:

MomofThreeBoys

Mizani_Mrs said:
Yea, you are not the only one who doesnt get how to use Flexi-rods. I have purchased them like 2years ago and i still haven't figured it out??? :confused:

Cause when i bend the ends, my hair still ends up loosening, so my hair is not firmly hugging the roller, thus my rollerset ends up frizzy. :ohwell:

You have to bend them in the opposite direction you are rolling/curling the hair.

chocolate01

Yeah you have to bend them in the opposite direction. No I don't roll them sideways that never worked for me plus I think you can put more rollers in if you don't roll them sideways..that's just me. I just pull them down and I get the effect I want.