For Catholics: The Year of Faith

Belle Du Jour

The upcoming Liturgical year (which starts next Sunday) has been called The Year of Faith.

The upcoming Year of Faith is a “summons to an authentic and renewed conversion to the Lord, the One Savior of the world” (Porta Fidei 6). In other words, the Year of Faith is an opportunity for Catholics to experience a conversion – to turn back to Jesus and enter into a deeper relationship with him. The “door of faith” is opened at one’s baptism, but during this year Catholics are called to open it again, walk through it and rediscover and renew their relationship with Christ and his Church.

http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/how-we-teach/new-evangelization/year-of-faith/

Now is the time to stand firm in our faith especially in these last days when the world is pushing it's agenda and the devil seeks to create division even within the body of Christ:

Men shall be lovers of themselves, covetous, haughty, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, wicked,Without affection, without peace, slanderers, incontinent, unmerciful, without kindness, traitors, stubborn, puffed up, and lovers of pleasures more than of God: Having an appearance indeed of godliness, but denying the power thereof. Now these avoid. For of these sort are they who creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, who are led away with divers desires: ever learning, and never attaining to the knowledge of the truth. 2 Tim 2-7

My hope for this year is to keep Jesus truly at the center of my life and to seek His will. The homily today was on God's will and submitting to it. The priest compared the reading from Proverbs about Widsom with The Visitation (Be it done to me according to Thy will) and The Lord's prayer (Thy will be done). Any thoughts?

auparavant

Prayer for the Year of Faith
Eternal God, everlasting Father, we lift to you adoring love and praise
for the gift of faith by which we open ourselves
to the fiery Love of your Spirit,
poured out through the pierced Heart of your Son, Jesus Christ.
Stir up that faith anew in us, O Father!
Deepen our trust, illumine our minds, enkindle our hearts
and make us worthy servants of the reconciliation Christ won for us,
that we may come to know the peace of the Kingdom
where you live forever and ever.
Amen.