For Christians: A Little Story

JaneBond007

I was tempted to get back at someone who didn't worship my G-d because he insulted me and my faith...then these words came to mind:

Psalm 25:7

Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you, LORD, are good.

So, I held my tongue but I was fuming inside because I needed a way to show that I am right and they are wrong...then these words came to mind:

I Timothy 1:16

But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

Okay, so I'm going to hold my tongue but I'm still fuming inwardly. How dare they not worship my G-d. Don't they know they are hell-bound? Then these words came to mind:

Psalm 139:16

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

But G-d, I'm already IN. I'm not like those people! I'm mad for You, L-rd. Who do they think they are to insult christians? Then I remembered that I was a great sinner in my day...and these words came to mind:

Ecclesiastes 11:5

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.

Sooo, I'm beginning to comprehend how not to just throw people away. Maybe G-d is doing something I don't see yet. Ok, this is a test. Hopefully, they will become upright and outstanding in faith as I am, Praise G-d!! And these words gently nudged at my heart:

I Samuel 16:7

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

But I'm not like those heathens! They insulted me, for goodness sake. I want some type of revenge, but I can't acknowledge that...L-rd help me not feel this way...and these words came to mind:

Matthew 5:44

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Well, I KNOW I'm going to heaven because I'm just. Jesus says:

Matthew 21:31

"Which of the two did what his father wanted?" "The first," they answered. Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

L-rd, you know what I mean, I didn't mean it like that, it's just that you know I'm saved, unlike them. And Jesus pointed to this:

I Corinthians 1:31

Therefore, as it is written: "Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord."

But I'm only doing this for You, L-rd...and these words came to mind:

James 1:19

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

C'mon L-rd, you and I both know that I'm your child. They aren't your children, look at their lives! And Jesus looked away...to the world that doesn't know Him, with that incredible longing in His eyes...then He looked up at His Father and these words were spoken:

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Then the L-rd looked at me and said: "Baby girl..."

Mark 2:17

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

"Even if they don't respect you, I want you to respect them and to do what I have told you, but in love. Because I want you to remember this:

I Peter 2:17

Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

I was taken a bit back at what the L-rd showed me and I now see that:

I Corinthians 15:10

But God's kindness made me what I am, and that kindness was not wasted on me. Instead, I worked harder than all the others. It was not I who did it, but God's kindness was with me.

So, that means that maybe, one day too, they will find the L-rd. If they remember anything about me in future, will they remember my anger or my love for them, whether they are in the wrong or not? And I walked away that day, pondering these things in my heart.