For the ladies that do their own braid extensions. How many packs of hair do you use.

NaturallyMo

I've been planning on doing kinky twist extensions for a while now and just haven't gotten around to going to the BSS. I was cleaning out my closet and just found 4 packs of Kanekalon hair and 2 packs of synthetic hair. It's been years since I've braided my own hair, so I have no clue how much I need. I'm looking to do small to medium box braids. Is there any way to use both the synthetic and the Kanekalon since I'm pretty sure 4 packs will not be enough? I was thinking that I could use the synthetic in the back where it'll be covered. What do you think?

PPGbubbles

Re: For the ladies that do their own braid extensions. How many packs of hair do you

For individuals I use 2 packs of Jumbo braid kanekalon. I cut the packs in half and thats all I need. I have never had to use more that 2 pack on a head b4

So you have more than enough with the 4 packs to do your own braids.

by synthetic hair are you refering to synthetic weave hair on a track? if so one pack and possible some of the other would do and you could use the kanekalon to braid the perimeter

tailormade84

Re: For the ladies that do their own braid extensions. How many packs of hair do you

i use 2.5 packs for my kinky twists.

4 packs is enough - go for it :)

mscocoface

I think you can use the 4 packs but if it isn't enough then use the other hair in the back of your head or mix it up so you have a blend of the two.