For those on NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge....

fancypants007

What are you doing to keep your scalp clean. I found a site that talked about cleansing your scalp using aloe vera gel and jojoba oil. This is what it says....

To keep your hair and scalp clean and follicles open, use aloe vera gel mixed with a few drops of jojoba oil. Buy aloe vera gel, 99% pure and pure jojoba oil. Put some aloe vera gel in your hand and add 4-5 drops of jojoba oil. Rub your hands together then rub this mixture into your hair. This mixture will keep your hair shiny and thick and your hair follicles open.

I have been oiling my scalp regularly and I noticed yesterday that my scalp needed a cleansing. I tried the above mix and I have to admit it was quite effortless. I just rubbed mixture on the tips of my fingers and massaged into my scalp. It absorbed immediately and afterward my scalp felt clean. I then sprayed my braids with my homemade moisturising spray and my scalp tingled. Instead of cowashing every day or 2-3 times a week which I think is too much manipulation for me personally, I'm going to do the above treatment 4 times a week and then I found an Ayurvedic recipe for cleansing the hair/scalp that I will do once a week. This is the link to the recipe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrCCSMSIzIQ
I'm going to wash my hair once a week with a diluted shampoo and conditioner and sit under my hair steamer to open my scalp pores when conditioning even more. I'm not on the NJoy Hair Growth challenge, I put myself on the 12 inches in 12 months challenge which was for 2012 but I'm doing one myself for 2013. Keeping scalp clean is important and just wanted to share a few methods that can help and that keeps the manipulation low.

Keen

fancypants007 Keep us posted how this works for you. As I was reading your post I was thinking how would this work if you scalp already has oil in it. I'm thinking the oil in your scalp for the growth challenge would prevent enough of that cleansing mixture to get on your scalp. It would be interesting to read how this works for people who is regularly oiling their scalps.

bhndbrwneyes

i cowash on a regular basis!

co-sign. My hair likes it though it may be too much manipulation for most. I'll use a moisturizing shampoo maybe once every 2-3 weeks. I just ordered the Dark Honey Cleansing Conditioner from Hairitage Hydration to see if that provides an additional cleansing power. I think my scalp gets pretty clean as is.

fancypants007

fancypants007 Keep us posted how this works for you. As I was reading your post I was thinking how would this work if you scalp already has oil in it. I'm thinking the oil in your scalp for the growth challenge would prevent enough of that cleansing mixture to get on your scalp. It would be interesting to read how this works for people who is regularly oiling their scalps.

I think the whole process I'm looking for is to keep the scalp from accumulating too much buildup from the regular oiling. I'm hoping the aloe vera/jojoba will breakdown some of the oil on my scalp. I also think that with my weekly shampooing, weekly auyredvic cleansing and the aloe vera mix it should help in keeping my scalp clean as reasonably possible. I could tell a difference when I did the treatment yesterday and my scalp felt better afterwards. I will keep ypu posted. I'm also going to do the Brown Sugar Scalp Cleanse that I found on NJoy's website once a month when I come out of my plaits/braids.