For those who are going through a rough time...

DeltaQT

OO-OOOOOOOOP!!!!
I have noticed the increased number of prayer requests on the board. Someone passed this prayer on to me via a card when my father was first diagnosed with terminal cancer. I keep it posted in my cubicle and on my dresser mirror at home. We all experience rough patches in life, and this prayer helps me ease my mind and rest my spirit. Wanted to share with you guys....

Prayer: LORD, there are times when it feels as though there is no end to the problems, no answer to my prayers, and no hope for the future. I may falter and fail in looking for You, especially if the problems are my own doing, but even then, You have promised that You will never fail me or forsake me, regardless of circumstances. Help me not to despair, but to look to You, trusting that You will answer my prayers and that You are faithful to do all that You have promised. Thank You for hope in Your faithfulness when all other hope seems lost. In Jesus' name, AMEN.

JenJen2721

Thank you DeltaQT for posting this...I could feel the holy spirit as I was reading it. I hope others are encouraged by it as well.

God bless you!
Jen

Country gal

Thanks Delta. In addition to the great pictures you find for entertainment purposes, you can also come through for inspirational stuff too.

pebbles

DeltaQT said:
I have noticed the increased number of prayer requests on the board. Someone passed this prayer on to me via a card when my father was first diagnosed with terminal cancer. I keep it posted in my cubicle and on my dresser mirror at home. We all experience rough patches in life, and this prayer helps me ease my mind and rest my spirit. Wanted to share with you guys....

Prayer: LORD, there are times when it feels as though there is no end to the problems, no answer to my prayers, and no hope for the future. I may falter and fail in looking for You, especially if the problems are my own doing, but even then, You have promised that You will never fail me or forsake me, regardless of circumstances. Help me not to despair, but to look to You, trusting that You will answer my prayers and that You are faithful to do all that You have promised. Thank You for hope in Your faithfulness when all other hope seems lost. In Jesus' name, AMEN.

Beautiful prayer! I've been thinking of posting a separate thread of prayers for those who want to pray, but don't know what to say. If I actually do that, I would love to post this in it! :)

Armyqt

Thank you Delta. That was very uplifting :)

Pebbles that prayer thread sounds like a great idea. And this one should definitely be added. I have some Psalms I love that are VERY powerful too.

pebbles

Armyqt said:
Thank you Delta. That was very uplifting :)

Pebbles that prayer thread sounds like a great idea. And this one should definitely be added. I have some Psalms I love that are VERY powerful too.

Yes, I think I will do a prayer thread that some members can use to pray. If it can bless just one person, I think we will have done our job. I was thinking of doing one subject a week or month, and post one prayer people can pray over and over. Example: One week or month we pray for sisters suffering from anxiety and depression. The next time we pray for financial blessings and jobs. The next week we pray for divine healing. The next week we pray for strong marriages, etc. Or, should I do one prayer that would encompass everything? That one might get pretty long! I can pray non-stop for over an hour, and I don't think too many people have that sort of time! LOL! :lol:

I'm going to think about how best to go about it. :)

Armyqt

pebbles said:
Yes, I think I will do a prayer thread that some members can use to pray. If it can bless just one person, I think we will have done our job. I was thinking of doing one subject a week or month, and post one prayer people can pray over and over. Example: One week or month we pray for sisters suffering from anxiety and depression. The next time we pray for financial blessings and jobs. The next week we pray for divine healing. The next week we pray for strong marriages, etc. Or, should I do one prayer that would encompass everything? That one might get pretty long! I can pray non-stop for over an hour, and I don't think too many people have that sort of time! LOL! :lol:

I'm going to think about how best to go about it. :)
great idea Pebbles. I really like the idea for picking a prayer and doing for a week. I like that ALOT. It would be a good reminder for everyone to stay consistent in their prayer and effect great changes in their lives. I say go for it. And I'll be patiently waiting for you to start the first one. I would like to recommend we start with anxiety and depression. Mainly because when you are suffering from either of the two, everything else becomes a blur and that illness pretty much takes over. But however you chose to go I'm right there with ya :up:

pebbles

Armyqt said:
great idea Pebbles. I really like the idea for picking a prayer and doing for a week. I like that ALOT. It would be a good reminder for everyone to stay consistent in their prayer and effect great changes in their lives. I say go for it. And I'll be patiently waiting for you to start the first one. I would like to recommend we start with anxiety and depression. Mainly because when you are suffering from either of the two, everything else becomes a blur and that illness pretty much takes over. But however you chose to go I'm right there with ya :up:

How did you know depression and anxiety were going to be the first things we pray for? You see? Great minds think alike! :yay: Yes, depression and anxiety trigger a host of other issues, so that will be the first thing we pray over. Give me a couple of days. I'm juggling a few things at the moment, but I won't forget! :)

cocoberry10

DeltaQT said:

Thanks DeltaQT. I still struggle, but my faith keeps me uplifted.