For those who don't believe in oil rinses

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I don't not believe in oil rinses, I just value my life. I am very clumsy and oil, a shower, and myself go together about as well as myself, a shower, and a blow dryer. :nono:

sareca

LOL @ marinate:grin:. To answer a bove poster, I believe an oil rinse is done after shampooing where as hot oil is before?:look:

:yep: According to V05 that's the standard definition of a hot oil treatment. It's consider a prepoo treatment. For me, once the shampoo hits my hair the oil is completely gone and I can't tell it was every there. I also hate shampoo'g. Oil rinses actually work better for me if I don't shampoo before.

Last edited:

sareca

Can you wear your hair in a bouncy rollerset after an oil rinse? This process sounds like it will leave your hair oily and hard for moisture to enter the strands.

I haven't read the threds, so excuse my ignorance.

It sounds like it would leave the hair oily but it doesn't. My hair isn't weighed down by the oil at all. Following with a co-wash is critical, that's the "rinse" part of an oil rinse. This technique doesn't work AT ALL for me when I don't use a conditioner to help remove some of the oil. For me (depending on the oil) the amount that's left is just right, but I don't rollerset that often. Oil rinses probably work best for naturals, folks that wear Wash n Go styles, or folks that airdry. It helps detangle, it helps curl definition, and it leaves the hair soft, you don't have to shampoo at all (my hair hates poo), you use much less oil than a traditional pre-poo, the hair stays moisturized for days, and it's free! :yay: I also I had a bigger problem with the shower floor when I did a tradition pre-poo because I used so much more oil. This really only takes a couple palms full because your hair is already wet. It's easy to distribute the oil through wet hair than dry.

Last edited: