For those who use pressing combs

Brownie

For those who use pressing combs, do you use serums on your hair prior to straightening? Just wondering because every time I use serums, my hair gets a little stiffer, which I understand because serums are supposed to help hold a style, but the problem is---that when pressing or when combing with a smaller comb, the serum, when dried on the hair, causes the hair to have less slip when styling with smaller tooth combs. THe serum causes dry hair to put up more of a struggle when trying to comb, which seems to lead to more breakage. So, for those who press, do you use serums prior to pressing, or do you stick to oils and creams?

Thanks in advance everyone.

G

I always use some kind "grease" but now I am going to try a "pressing oil" for my hair to see if it will make the press last longer.

Ayeshia

i think serums are better for airdrying or blow drying. Although i never have heard of using serum to press.I would think that a light pressing oil is better.

miss_brown

My stylist uses a spray serum when he presses my hair with a flat iron (he NEVER uses a pressing comb). It always comes out very bouncy and the serum definitely protects from humidity.

Koffie

Q: "Is a flat iron better to use than a pressing comb?"

A:YES, That is what 2 beauticians have told me.

ChasingBliss

[ QUOTE ]
wingtoe said:
Q: "Is a flat iron better to use than a pressing comb?"

A:YES, That is what 2 beauticians have told me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank

Zoe

Hot combs are made by the devil!!

I got my hair pressed ONCE and my [** potty mouth **] aint never been the same!

I'm still mad at that..

Purtygurly

I can't get my hair straight with a flat iron or curling iron. I just use a very warm (not smoking hot) pressing comb, and I don't see any breakage/damage.