For those who've had hilites, is it possible to...

Kamilla16

For those who\'ve had hilites, is it possible to...

apply a rinse to cover them? I applied the African Pride hilites to my hair and I think they are too light. I think I might try to add a rinse when I get tired of the blond hilites. DO you think that is possible?

GinuwinesBoo

Re: For those who\'ve had hilites, is it possible to...

its ok to do that i had gold highlights and put red over them. but the red was semi permanent so it wouldnt lift the color from the rest of my hair

Kamilla16

Thanks Girl! I'll have to post a picture when I get my hair straightened! I think I'll wear the blond hilites for a month then I put a rinse over them for a different look.

Tracy

This is exactly what I did when I wore color to switch up my look. Just make sure you choose gold or yellow based colors (as opposed to green or violet) so that you can maintain the "goldness" of the highlights should you ever want your blond hi-lites back.

Lightened hair responds very noticeably to the undertones in color and you might end up with pinkish blond hilites should you choose the wrong red or aubrun shade. Browns are notorious for having a green base - so choose a golden brown color if you want to take them to a sandy shade.

Enjoy!

Karonica

Absolutely!

I had to do this when I mistakenly dyed my mother's hair too blonde.