Former Senegalese twist wearers

J

JenniferMD

Did you have any issues with breakage from wearing these twists? I'm planning to get this style the first week of June but want to make sure they're safe to get. I looked back on some earlier threads and one post said that they weren't good to get because your hair is twisted and tangled in the process.

Would you get these twist again? Did you have a difficult time taking them out? What kind of hair did you use? I noticed that the senegalese twist look rather silky.

Thanks

oglorious1

Mixologist
Had em and yes they do cause breakage...I have some in my album, they were nice, but not worth my hair breaking out(pm me for the pw)

luvSLave

I had them years ago and experienced no breakage. Try going with a reputable salon instead of just some chick that does braids. I went to Khamit Kinks and while it cost a pretty penny, it was worth it.

J

JenniferMD

Thanks for your responses guys! I looked in your album oglorious1...nice pics. From your PMs the breakage came from taking them down, so hopefully if I really take my time I won't have breakage problems.

LuvSlave, I'm so glad you mentioned you didn't have any breakage...I know going to the right person is key. I'm not trying to have any setbacks this summer. I'll be one hot chick if so :mad:

Any other experiences???????

mahoganee

I went to a professional braider to get mine done and had no breakage. I got silky ones as I was transitioning and wore the kinky ones in december after going natural. Loved both of them! I sprayed leave-in conditioner ever so often on the silky ones because I didn't want them to slip but everyday on the kinky ones.

J

JenniferMD

Thanks Mahoganee and KathyMay! I like the silky looking ones but I plan on rising them everyday and applying moisturizer everyday so I will have to be careful with them slipping out.

I'm really excited, I should be getting them in two weeks! :grin: