Fotki Etiquette-- Help me!!!

onejamifan

I know this is off-topic, but since so many of us come to this forum, I thought I'd ask here. I started a fotki a few weeks ago and have gotten great feedback from many ladies on this site. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly how to respond to the comments made, or if I should respond to them. I mean, I am so thankful to those who have looked at the pictures and made comments and asked questions, but I just don't know how to physically reply to them... I'm fotki illiterate~~

Can anyone tell me how to reply to comments???

Thanks!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Maybe take a look through some others fotki's to get an idea of how to answer. If it's a complement just thank them or talk about whatever you want. If they ask you a question just answer and that's that. Is there something inparticular you're having trouble with?

ETA......I think I may have misunderstood your question....to reply just click EDIT, that will take you to another screen.....then under the member's comment do something to separate your comment and theirs, like _______________ So it will look like ........

Pretty Hair

_________

Thanks (<----your response)

Last edited:

onejamifan

Thanks Pokahontas. U actually answered both questions I had, eventhough it might have seemed like there was only one. The how to answer (etiquette) and how to answer (physical) :)

Lady Esquire

I know this is off-topic, but since so many of us come to this forum, I thought I'd ask here. I started a fotki a few weeks ago and have gotten great feedback from many ladies on this site. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly how to respond to the comments made, or if I should respond to them. I mean, I am so thankful to those who have looked at the pictures and made comments and asked questions, but I just don't know how to physically reply to them... I'm fotki illiterate~~

Can anyone tell me how to reply to comments???

Thanks!

First off, your hair is crazy beautiful...!

1) Hit "Edit",
2) Draw a line, asterisks, or a large enough space,
3) Type your response,
4) Hit "Save Changes"

Last edited:

hopeful

Sometimes when I'm lazy and I haven't replied in awhile, the comments add up so it's kinda hard to respond individually, in those cases I will "add a comment" to everyone. You know click "add your comment" and leave a general response. Just make sure you're logged in when you do this. But most of the time I prefer to respond individually.

cmw45

If someone leaves a comment I usually respond with a quick thanks. If someone ask a question I DEFINITELY try to respond; if there person is someone who frequently visits or comments when they ask a question I usually spend more time on it and go into greater detail.

Jynkx

oh man thanks for bringing this up. i couldnt figure out how to do it either. i sure hope no one thinks im rude. ill go back and do corrections on mine.