Fotki Etiquette

jupitermoon

Fotki comments and friends

Do you respond to those that post comments on your fotik? Do you befriend those that befriend you? I try to do all of this. Even if I reply with just a simple "thanks". If someone fails to respond to me, it doesn't bother me because I figure that people are busy.

I'm still a newbie to fotki. How does everyone feel about this? How do you reply to comments, friends, etc?

Last edited:

MsBoinglicious

yea i respond to everyone who leaves a message in my GB or comments on my pics. I tell them thanks for dropping by, answer questions or comment on one of their pics. If i visit them first and leave a message and they never respond...honestly the next minute i would have forgotten that i even left one cause i'm off stalking someones else pic. so it wouldn't bother me.

your siggy is cute *off to look at your fotki*

oooop2

I used to be really good at responding. I've been busy lately and haven't had much time to really focus on my fotki. And I do try to answer questions posted by others.

Natural Glow

I'm really bad w/fotki. I hardly ever sign on so i don't respond to comments or befriend those that befriend me. I might have to step up my Fotki game, But it's not like my fotki gets a lot of traffic so I think I'm good.

growth2come

I dont login in as much but when I do, I try and respond to as much as I can. But for me its not such a big deal as I dont leave the comment so that they can be responded to. I leave them as just a compliment. I never usually leave questions as most of the ones I visit are members of this forum so I could always PM them if I have a question.

BrooklynSouth

I do not visit my FOTKI often but do respond to comments when I do. I usually give a private message apology to those who posted a while ago but I didn't see the comment.

Taina

I add to my friends list those ppl that add me. I not always answer because sometimes i don't know what to say to a compliment :red: but if is a question or something i can answer, i definitely do.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
I always try to go to their guestbook and thank them and answer questions they had.

I haven't been on fokti in like a month though so I've been slacking on that.

SEMO

I always respond to comments, questions, compliments that people leave me on my fotki. I don't get a ton of comments so it's pretty easy for me to check my fotki and couple times a week and catch any comments I might have missed.

I got the idea to do this after seeing someone else do it on their fotki. I just thought it was really nice of them to take time to answer every single comment they got (and they had a ton). So I decided I wanted to do the same when I started my fotki.

Now, I don't befriend everyone who befriends me. I am not even sure how to tell which people on my list are new friends. I hope no one is offended if I don't befriend them back. It's surely nothing personal (I only have like 4 fotki members I've befriended).

I just appreciate all the love and support I have gotten on my fotki (even those people who just visit but don't have time or want to leave a comment). All of it brightens my day. :)

Netta1

After almost 6 years of having a fotki no, I do not always respond to comments..

but then again it just depends on the comment...

I have zero friends listed in my fotki..I have never added them..

I check my fotki often and I usually respond to prayer, pw request or people I have "known" for while...esp in the Guestbook or ministry section...

I don't expect people to "return a remark" b/c I said their hair was cute (after viewing their albums)...

People have lives outside of this virtual world (at least I hope so)...

I don't get as many comments as I used to..and thats fine also...

as long as people leave inspired in some way, shape or form..

Last edited:

MummysGirl

I respond to comments (editing the comments in my fotki) and respond to GB entries in the commenter's GB.

I'm guilty of not befriending everyone who adds me as a friend.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I'm not as active on fotki as I used to be.

I do try to reply to any questions in the comments sections, but I don't reply to all of the comments.

I try to reply to all guestbook messages, and I always like to visit anyone who visits my album but that doesn't always happen.

fyb87

Re: Fotki comments and friends

I usually only log into my Fotki account when I am adding pictures and not all the time even then because I've loaded the software on my laptop and I can upload without acutally logging in. Because of the infrequency of me logging on it is hard to respond to every comment. However, I always respond to those that have questions, to the people that commented on more than one picture and to the people whose fotki accounts I visit a lot. Oh, and to the really funny ones!

I will say when I first became a member I responded to EVERYONE. But, now that I have been regularly adding pictures and I have found hair boards I have a lot more people visiting (which happens to everyone) so now it's harder. Sometimes I feel guilty. When that occurs I go and respond to a couple weeks worth of comments!! :grin:

ETA: I usually respond comments via their guestbook because I don't know if they will be coming back to my page to visit that particular picture again to see if I commented back (I know I wouldn't LOL) and I respond to ALL of my guestbook messages via their guestbook as well.

Last edited:

JinaRicci

I'm still new so I get so excited (!!!) when someone leaves a comment or something that I respond. Yes- I friend everyone who friends me. I figured they want to keep up with me too- that's cool. But I can understand as time goes by and more people who stop by it becomes harder- same like FB.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i respond to any questions in photo comments or my guestbook. i also visit all of my commenters pages. i don't befriend everyone. i befriend women with pretty hair (relaxed or natural), with styling tutorials or product reviews i can learn from.

Neith

I answer all questions and I do say thank you... but not to every single comment.

I don't really hang around on fotki. I don't log in much. I just wanted to have my pictures up. and I do see other lhcf's fotki links... but that's all really.

I don't even know HOW to make someone a friend :lol: :blush:

I think I may have a few friends, but I honestly don't remeber exacty where I went to do that. :lol:

I hope no one thinks I have bad etiquitte... I just don't know how to work the site fully and I don't spend too much time on there.

Just like here on the board, some people are more active than others.

P.S. The encouragement and kind words are ALWAYS appreciated and noticed even if I don't log in all the time. :) I may start thanking people more often to make sure that they know.

Last edited:

Sapphire_chic

I'm still new so I get so excited (!!!) when someone leaves a comment or something that I respond. Yes- I friend everyone who friends me. I figured they want to keep up with me too- that's cool. But I can understand as time goes by and more people who stop by it becomes harder- same like FB.
me too. i'm so excited when i get comments and flattered.

SmilingElephant

I dont get too much traffic either....so i rarely go in to respond to my commenters...but when i have time i do try to respond.

I did post a mini update.

aa9746

I like visiting fotkis, leaving comments, and asking questions about hair care. I've learned a lot!