Fotki..."PW In profile" Ban, who got the time to jump thru fotki hoops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChasingBliss

SohoHair said:
Oh man I second that whole heartedly. A REGIME refers to a form of military or govermentl rule over a country/peoples while a REGIMEN refers to the systematic plans for taking caring of our hair or taking vitamins that so many of us have. Everytime I see someone refer to their viitamin regime I get a mental picture of little MSM capusles lining up in formation to do battle with the biotin.:look: :ohwell:

:lachen::lachen: :lachen:

I personally have no issues with going to a person's profile for their password. If i'm really interested in knowing what your hair regimen is or viewing pics of your hair then i can take 5 Secs to click on view profile..etc.

If i had an album...I really wouldn't care if someone left comments or not. In fact I would prefer not to have any, as I don't have the time to respond.

*Happily Me*

shooot, i thought of locking my fotki down after i started the "BSL" thread and was the butt of many jokes.

i guess i have the last laugh now (BIG ha ha haa ha :lol: ) anyway, i encourage anyone to view my pics. i don't care...

Mizani_Mrs

Wow, what a brave soul for voicing this pet peeve. i am right there with you, its annoying for me as well. Sometimes I REALLY want to see someone's hair, especially if they have a post talking about their growth or their new style and they tell us to go view it. I am reaaaaly tempted to visit the fotki, but if PW is in the profile, then i RARELY will visit it. I will visit if the PW is in the siggy. I have my PW in my siggy because i don't think it's that serious to have my fotki on a serious lock. But i have it in my siggy to have a small amount of security. So not just any crazy guy in the world can view my fotki. but only lhcf viewers...

Oh and another pet peeve is when they say i got this new hair do, and i got sooo much growth, check out my fotki. So when u go to the fotki,there is 50-11 pics so it takes you 2hrs to figure out which pic is of the new style... geez be more specific...

RainbowCurls

SohoHair said:
Everytime I see someone refer to their viitamin regime I get a mental picture of little MSM capusles lining up in formation to do battle with the biotin.:look: :ohwell:

:lol: :lachen:

When I first joined the board I thought everyone was just spelling 'regime' wrong.

After checking the definition of 'regimen' though, I'm still not sure it's the right word...
Oxford dictionary definition
Cambridge dictionaries definition
One could argue it's a course of 'treatments' for HAIR health though I suppose :)

SohoHair said:
Oh man I second that whole heartedly. A REGIME refers to a form of military or govermentl rule over a country/peoples while a REGIMEN refers to the systematic plans for taking caring of our hair or taking vitamins that so many of us have. Everytime I see someone refer to their viitamin regime I get a mental picture of little MSM capusles lining up in formation to do battle with the biotin.:look: :ohwell:

Directory > Reference > WordNet Note: click on a word meaning below to see its connections and related words.
The noun regime has 2 meanings:

Meaning #1: the organization that is the governing authority of a political unit
Synonyms: government, authorities

Meaning #2: (medicine) a systematic plan for therapy (often including diet)
Synonym: regimen

I use regimen...but i suppose it wouldn't be totally off if some chose to use regime.

WhipEffectz1

I hate that too which is why I rarely visit fotkis unless I have an burning desire to do so. If they want you to jump through hoops to get inside then let them but they don't have to worry about me going through all of that.

Another thing that gets me is when people post comparison pics and expect you to play hide and seek with their pictures. As a courtesy, I always post my pics in the thread. Its so much easier and allows for ultimate viewing pleasure.

Millahdoowop

tsmith said:
That would be me, and when you said why is people explaining themselves. I thought that was the purpose of the thread:confused: I'm not worked up, if you seen my post...I spoke in a positive tone as to why I have my pw in my fotki...read my posts and tell me where did I get worked up at....

I didn't say that you were worked up. Just talking about folks in general. Simmuh down now.:lol:

glamazon386

tsmith said:
Once again, who cares about the comments, if someone is so worried about what the next one thinks...they have the problem....now let's move on to better things...HAIR:grin: you're losing 1/2 inch of hair dwelling on this...just joking.....just joking:p let's just keep it moving...and I agree this thread needs to be clinked...don't want no one getting banned over disagreements...:p

:lol: Stop trying to scare me! I thought it was just me that was bothered by the regime thing too.

Millahdoowop

SohoHair said:
Everytime I see someone refer to their viitamin regime I get a mental picture of little MSM capusles lining up in formation to do battle with the biotin.:look: :ohwell: [/COLOR]

Lmmfao!!!:lachen:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hopefully, everyone has gotten their rants out. Each is entitled to do as they please concerning their own personal hair albums, just as each individual may decide how much effort it's worth to view said album. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.