Fotki..."PW In profile" Ban, who got the time to jump thru fotki hoops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelicus

Wow.

Sometimes, I don't blame them though. I was one of the people whose pictures and sound files got stolen (Can you believe someone tried to steal my pics and my voice?).

I don't care anymore. Have fun viewing progress, everyone!

Nice & Wavy

Keen said:
Yes, that's my understanding also. Trollers have left very mean comment on Fotki albums. Stuff that were uncalled for, things that people said out of jealousy or just to be evil because their comments were anonymous.
Since people started the PW protected album the complains has went WAAAAYYYYYYYY down
Yes, exactly!!!

MzOptimistic

SophiaRose said:
I'm putting it out there about you fotki folks:confused:.

the good, the bad, the ugly.
the good:band:...
i love fotki's...the pics, progress, routine's, growth, everything..applause

the bad
PW in profile...i am tired of it, rant. i want to look at your fotki, but to have to click on your profile, not reading it of course, but hurrying to scroll down, and look at the PW, then go to the album, there's 50-11 PW's for each section :dizzy:, or the pw just dont work:fishslap:.
not being rude, but what is the point to want your album viewed, but to put the pw in the profile, it couldnt be a highly guarded pw:sekret:, bc it's in your profile, so why not have your album open, for us (Meaning me, no one else) bald head hair fotki scroungers, hehehehe...

the ugly:ohwell:
i am banning myself from visiting fotkis with PW in profile, i quit:cry:.
after trying to see the hide your hair till xmas results, thats 300 posts too much hassle, or simply not enough time.

exceptions if you have APL,BSL,WL pic in your avatar, then i usually go thru the hoops to learn a new trick or two

disclaimer
i dont want to be shot stabbed killed or hurt in here, i am not going to even look at the thread, after i post, because i know folks going to get hot, ppl are entitled to lock up whatever they want, to view fotkis is a priveldge, but i myself am no longer going a) go on a easter egg hunt for a pw, b) click 2million and 50-11 folks pages to go to the pw to go to the fotki, or c)act like a squirrel chasing peanuts for a pw....and 4) i got 2:babyg::babyg:, i be wanna hurry up and view, oh well

CHEERS:cheers:
to folks who have open fotkis

steppin behind bulletproof glass now.....

I'm sorry you feel that way but I do not want non members/lurkers to have access to my fotki. I personally don't mind looking in the profile because that is easy to do BUT what I don't like is when some say to pm them...now that's when I actually say humph.....unless I really want to see their hair...I'll pm them....

MzOptimistic

LocksOfLuV said:
*LocksOfLuv puts on her repellent drawers*

To me that makes no sense. Why even have a password if you have it out for the world to show RIGHT next to the link? I cut the middle man out and yeah I have my fotki in my profile. Plain and simple: I do not want non LHCFers looking at my fotki, unless I post it iin my profile to another board.

To me, a hair album really ain't that serious for a password. My hair ain't all that so 1. no one will steal my pics (if ya do, you obviously ain't seen better) and 2. my pics are kinda bootleg. I don't know, the whole password thing is kinda weird. But I understand the thing with lacefronts and stealing pics, but all in all it's just hair.

Ps: SOME OF YALL WITH THEM EXPIRED ARSE PASSWORDS, NEED A WHOOPIN'! CHECK YA PASSWORDS!

You say a hair album aint that serious BUT some of us are taking pics in our bras and some pictures the ladies don't even have bras on (meaning their back is showing but you see the length). The wrong person access these pictures and take your pictures without your permission and now you're a internet h%&:p...you still alright with me:kiss:

MzOptimistic

I would also like to add that when I first joined LHCF...It took me like 5 months to get comfortable even posting comments...let alone putting pictures on fotki...I understand that you do not have to take pictures in your bras because some women don't take pictures in their bras but taking pics in bras show the ladies the true length of your hair...and that's what we all wanna see..right?...the true length...now my SO already trips on me taking pictures and posting them but I told him that only the members on LHCF sees them and I tell him that someone will need a pw to view my album...the bottom line is...I'm new to this posting pics thing on the net...and I don't want just any ole person seeing me in a bra or braless:p

CurliDiva

I just started a Fotki account (sorry no photos yet) and plan to put the password in my profile.

I just don't want ALL of my photos out there for the whole world to see!

zzirvingj

Babygurl said:
I have to agree with the PW in profile point...I usually dont bother going to look, just seems like too much work when the link is usually RIGHT THERE, but I have to go hunting for the password. :perplexed

Thanks ya'll for taking the words right out of my mouth! Not to offend anyone but I NEVER understood the whole "password in profile" stuff...:confused:

MsBttrfly23

TSUprincess04 said:
I understand, but the "PW in profile" is for safety reasons. Only financial subscribers to LHCF can view a profile. There are a lot of non-paying lurkers who may not have the members' best interest; therefore, taking advantage of the members' fotkis and leaving crazy comments, etc. Having a "PW in profile" cuts down on the craziness of the world wide web. Me, I don't have a "PW in profile," but that's just the risk that I take. I don't knock other people for doing it because it's what they want to do, even though it can be tedious at times. The only thing that I find annoying is having to type in a password for EVERY album (not folder, but ALBUM).

ITA with TSUprincess...everyone has their reasons. At the risk of recieving unwelcomed comments, I have mine unlocked. People are entitled to leave what they want, as I am entitled to delete it. I tend to be a sensitive person, but I could care less to get offended by someone who does not know me. Anyways, I/my hair is a work in progress. Everyone starts somewhere and for someone else to blatantly be rude and leave disparaging comments...well, I don't care cause I will have the last laugh when (by receiving inspiration and advice from the wonderful ladies on this board) my hair is healthy and beautiful. No password on my fotki, and while it can be frustrating to "go thru hoops" to get someone else's password to their fotki, most times it is definitely worth it!...no major complaints...really. Just my two cents...to each her own.

navsegda

I have a question...if you register for this site but don't pay the $5 fee, can you still view profiles? Is the $5 really MAINLY only for posting privileges?

*I could run off to test this theory but I'm too lazy right now*

Allandra

navsegda said:
I have a question...if you register for this site but don't pay the $5 fee, can you still view profiles? Is the $5 really MAINLY only for posting privileges?

Only paid subscribers can view profiles. The $5 subscription fee is used to maintain this wonderful site.

Nice & Wavy

navsegda said:

No...you have to pay the $5 fee, period. And, the $5 allows you full access to everything the board has to offer. As a lurker, you are only allowed to view certain things. I lurked for about a month and then joined, but there are people who have lurked for years and then join. When I first joined, I was suprised to see that there were so many other discussion boards that I was not aware of before, and that was an added addition.

LocksOfLuV

tsmith said:
You say a hair album aint that serious BUT some of us are taking pics in our bras and some pictures the ladies don't even have bras on (meaning their back is showing but you see the length). The wrong person access these pictures and take your pictures without your permission and now you're a internet h%&:p...you still alright with me:kiss:

TSmith, I have pics in my bra too and hell some without. But my face is ALWAYS concealed so that isn't even an issue with me. I really don't think ppl from my real life will even know it's me from the back. But I guess, that's only me that thinks that way. Oh well, it's cool.

MzOptimistic

Millah03 said:
Lmao @ the arguing. Gotta love lhcf!:D The girl did her rant, and now it is over. No need to come in here and explain yourself.

You're absolutely right there is no reason to come in here and explain but what was the reason for starting this thread????? I thought it was to hear why people have pwd's in profiles and some women are just telling her why??? What's wrong with that:confused: Honestly, I don't get what the big fuss is about:look:

Last edited:

MzOptimistic

LocksOfLuV said:
TSmith, I have pics in my bra too and hell some without. But my face is ALWAYS concealed so that isn't even an issue with me. I really don't think ppl from my real life will even know it's me from the back. But I guess, that's only me that thinks that way. Oh well, it's cool.

See from the front I don't conceal my face...I don't know how:p

HoneyDew

I never questioned the 'password in profile' thing. Some people are just more private than others. it really is no biggie at all. i just open the profile in another browser window so that i don't have to leave where I am. It really is not that serious. I am just thankful that the person is sharing their hair journey with me.

LocksOfLuV

tsmith said:

See I always take my pics in the mirror if one of my progress takers aren't available. So what I do is, I look in the mirror and place the camera over my face and take the pic. That way the camera is where my face is supposed to be :D .

navsegda

tsmith said:

If you have Photoshop you can black your face out. Even with Windows Paint, you can do this. Just open up a photo where your face is showing, use the paint brush tool or whatever to draw all over your face, save, and call it a day. :)

The password in profile comment is one of the reasons I joined this board. I felt it made us exclusive, you know only LHCF members can view the pictures and I kinda like that. I get so much out of viewing the albums that going to the profile is no big deal to me. The albums are a personal hair journey plus there is the added bonus of seeing different parts of a person life. Their friends, trips, etc. It’s not just about the hair for me. It’s looking at a variety of black women from around the world “cyberfriends” who let us peek into their lives. It’s a beautiful thing and I’ve since learned not to take it for granted. I won’t PM anyone for the password because there are so many albums that are open or who have their passwords in the profile that I really don’t feel the need.

thefineprint

I think some of ya'll have too much time on your hands to be getting upset about a password in a profile. Maybe its time to take a break from the internet?:look:

MzOptimistic

Nice & Wavy said:
Girl, you better tell it. I usually don't get into these types of threads but just to let some of you know, I've had nasty remarks left in my fotki and it is not a very pleasant experience. If you feel that its too much trouble to ask for the password to my album, too each his own. :cool:

Girl, I usually don't get into these types of threads either but I just wanted to EXPLAIN why pw's are put in profiles but it seems like this thread was made to just let her rant and not respond to it:confused: :confused: :confused:.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Jumping thru fotki hoops...:lol:

Well I do sometimes especially if the member has a pretty pic of their hair in their avatar or siggy, and I really want to see the album. It's just a few extra steps for great hair inspiration.

I only pm'd a person once for her password. Her hair is gorgeous, and it was worth jumping through hoops. I haven't done it since.

MzOptimistic

LocksOfLuV said:
See I always take my pics in the mirror if one of my progress takers aren't available. So what I do is, I look in the mirror and place the camera over my face and take the pic. That way the camera is where my face is supposed to be :D .

Right, Right, I do that...I'm talking about when someone takes my pictures, I didn't know how to scratch the face up so I won't be recognized..:)

MzOptimistic

navsegda said:
If you have Photoshop you can black your face out. Even with Windows Paint, you can do this. Just open up a photo where your face is showing, use the paint brush tool or whatever to draw all over your face, save, and call it a day. :)

Thanks navsegda for the info;)

FAMUDva

SophiaRose said:
I'm putting it out there about you fotki folks:confused:.

the good, the bad, the ugly.
the good:band:...
i love fotki's...the pics, progress, routine's, growth, everything..applause

the bad
PW in profile...i am tired of it, rant. i want to look at your fotki, but to have to click on your profile, not reading it of course, but hurrying to scroll down, and look at the PW, then go to the album, there's 50-11 PW's for each section :dizzy:, or the pw just dont work:fishslap:.
not being rude, but what is the point to want your album viewed, but to put the pw in the profile, it couldnt be a highly guarded pw:sekret:, bc it's in your profile, so why not have your album open, for us (Meaning me, no one else) bald head hair fotki scroungers, hehehehe...
I dont think I would have posted my fotki peeve, if it weren't for the hide ur hair til xmas challenge, i wanted to see the results, more than 300 ppl posted, even a 2 day open site would have been nice, i wonder what any one person has the time and patience to go thru all the hoo-la-boo-la to see all those wonderful results, i quit after page 3

the ugly:ohwell:
i am banning myself from visiting fotkis with PW in profile, i quit:cry:.
after trying to see the hide your hair till xmas results, thats 300 posts- too much hassle- not enough time.

exceptions if you have APL,BSL,WL pic in your avatar, then i usually go thru the hoops to learn a new trick or two

disclaimer
i dont want to be shot stabbed killed or hurt in here,
i am not going to even look at the thread, after i post, because i know folks going to get hot,
ppl are entitled to lock up whatever they want, to view fotkis is a priveldge, but i myself am no longer going to a) go on a easter egg hunt for a pw, b) click 2million and 50-11 folks pages to go to the pw to go to the fotki, or c)act like a squirrel chasing peanuts for a pw....and 4) i got 2:babyg::babyg:, i be wanna hurry up and view, oh well

CHEERS:cheers:
to folks who have open fotkis

steppin behind bulletproof glass now.....

LOL at your thread title! I've thought the very same thing when wanting to see folks progress, but never said it.:lol:

StrawberryQueen

navsegda said:
Girl it ain't that easy for us all! It took me forever to figure out how to do that crap! I was like, how are they black out their faces????????

Xavier

navsegda said:

From experience you CAN NOT view member profiles if you are not a member.

I think the difference between a hair fotki and a webpage(myspace) is the fact that many women are in their bras or have a bear back which maybe a bit intrusive. Therefore, I totally understand why someone would put their "password in profile". Limited access may give one a sense of security. When I finally get my fotki up I am not sure which way I may go because I can understand both sides.:ohwell:

B

Bublnbrnsuga

It's not that serious. ALL you have to do if someone has their pw in their profile is:
1. COPY IT
2.PASTE IT in the pw box
3. SAVE IT TO YOUR COMPUTER or MEMORIZE IT.

My pw is staying in my profile. Toodles.

hersheyskiss

12 pages and no drama:eek: ... what a waste ... If I get a fotki, well I already have one, but if I ever post the link I'll remove the password. Or better yet I'll only put the link in my profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.