Fotki..."PW In profile" Ban, who got the time to jump thru fotki hoops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

tsmith said:
I would also like to add that when I first joined LHCF...It took me like 5 months to get comfortable even posting comments...let alone putting pictures on fotki...I understand that you do not have to take pictures in your bras because some women don't take pictures in their bras but taking pics in bras show the ladies the true length of your hair...and that's what we all wanna see..right?...the true length...now my SO already trips on me taking pictures and posting them but I told him that only the members on LHCF sees them and I tell him that someone will need a pw to view my album...the bottom line is...I'm new to this posting pics thing on the net...and I don't want just any ole person seeing me in a bra or braless:p

I agree with this...I'm fairly new to the Fotki thing, and I read the other Fotki thread (pet peeves) and it definitely has me on the fence a/b this (not that it should even be that crucial to really sit down and think a/b btw...). But I'm learning a lot a/b both sides of it. Maybe when I get more acclimated (read: social) around here I MIGHT get rid of the pw all together, but until then, it's there. BUT on the other hand, if you really want comments and stuff, you're more likely to get them if you don't lock it, so I dunno...:perplexed

MzOptimistic

artemis_e. said:
I agree with this...I'm fairly new to the Fotki thing, and I read the other Fotki thread (pet peeves) and it definitely has me on the fence a/b this (not that it should even be that crucial to really sit down and think a/b btw...). But I'm learning a lot a/b both sides of it. Maybe when I get more acclimated (read: social) around here I MIGHT get rid of the pw all together, but until then, it's there. BUT on the other hand, if you really want comments and stuff, you're more likely to get them if you don't lock it, so I dunno...:perplexed

I hear ya, maybe in time I'll get comfortable and might not have a pw...but as far as comments. I don't need comments, I really don't care about that stuff on fotki...I get enough comments from here and that's enough for me:)

Artemis

Very true, but from what I've seen on here, Fotki can be an extension of the love and encouragement on here, so it would help some people feel a little more support. Lawd knows I'm-a need all of y'all on here and over there to pray for my lil' bit o' hair:lachen:

msdeevee

I'm new here as a matter of fact this is my 1st post before even going in to introduce myself. I totally agree with you , sis. I am totally frustrated by this . I understand that some folks have the right to do this but I never go into a fotki if it tells me PW in profile or even worse PM me for PW. I just don't bother... seems to me that one action defeats the other if it's privacy or control over your fotki why put one up for all to see and then ask folks to go into your profile where they may see your personal e-mail address, your pic anyway, where you live :cool: . I don't know but to each his own , not knocking anyones choice, but personally I have been lurking this site a long time and I have yet to see some hair all that great that I have to be that bothered, and I have seen some great heads of hair. Most of us spend too much time on the net anyway. :D No harm to anyone , I'm just saying.

Lucia

tsmith said:
I would also like to add that when I first joined LHCF...It took me like 5 months to get comfortable even posting comments...let alone putting pictures on fotki...I understand that you do not have to take pictures in your bras because some women don't take pictures in their bras but taking pics in bras show the ladies the true length of your hair...and that's what we all wanna see..right?...the true length...now my SO already trips on me taking pictures and posting them but I told him that only the members on LHCF sees them and I tell him that someone will need a pw to view my album...the bottom line is...I'm new to this posting pics thing on the net...and I don't want just any ole person seeing me in a bra or braless

ITA with this, I lurked forever before I even said hey I'm a newbie, and I didn't try the techniques until after lurking for months.
Then this past year I decided to post pictures and I've been here a min. I almost didn't post pics at all b/c there were meanie trolls, and nasty attitudes so much that you couldn't even disscuss a topic without getting tag-teamed and ridiculed, so I left for a while.
So some of us are very cautious before putting ourselves "out there" and I have no prob. if it takes someone forever to post pics or if they never post them-their choice.
But if your albums open then you do run the risk of anybody making negative comments. I just want boardmembers seeing my pics period-I don't want to deal with the negativity or the nastyness.
BTW I logged out to check and even if you click a link to a members profile it will not show, you can't PM, or view from the drop down box either.

Last edited:
I can understand how some may not want their privacy to fall on unintended eyes or exposed to potential negativity. I have seen anonymous comments left in others albums that have made my jaw drop.

What I do is create a favorite folder of all albums that I frequent and them name of the link is the persons name and password, so all I have to do is hover over my link to see the password and type it in.

I think we should respect everyone’s wishes and not let it discourage anyone from leaving positive feedback. After all we are all here to support one another.

Bests

Ayeshia

mines is public...mainly becasue Im on myspace so my face is all over now. No need to put a pw on pics shoing the back of my head when I have a myspace page :lol: as for everyone elses albums I dont mind going to there profile. The only time that it does bother me is when the site or my PC is going slow due to connectivity issues. Thats the only time it gets truly annoying becasue I have to wait for windows to load.

meka

bmoreflyygirl said:
And to top it all off it was a makeup forum. Not even a hair forum. I don't tell people I don't know about my hair. Especially in mixed company. Anybody on here you can pm me and ask all the questions you want. I'm more than willing to answer any questions or help anybody that I can. I like this board there are a lot of friendly and helpful people here. But the environment on that board was different and I didn't anyone on there. Not to mention the fact what the hell you need to know about my weave on a makeup forum for anyway? It was a big mess. I posted a thread on here about it and the person who did it jumped in it and the fussing started all over again. The thread got locked eventually. Many ladies here were concerned about privacy after that so some fotkis became locked as a result of that thread.

See I was gonna shut up but since you keep harping on it.....
True it did not have anything to do with hair, but since she was my friend, and you got upset that she would assume that the hair was not your's naturally. I pm'd her your Fotki, which was easily accessible by searching the net. She then posted it on the board. I told you I did and you were upset. As far as people locking their Fotki's over that is some crap...give me a break. You can't tell people your hair is real and then have a PUBLIC online album showing how you sew in your tracks, then get mad when you are "outed". If they wanna "lock" their albums b/c of that,then so be it.

glamazon386

meka said:
See I was gonna shut up but since you keep harping on it.....
True it did not have anything to do with hair, but since she was my friend, and you got upset that she would assume that the hair was not your's naturally. I pm'd her your Fotki, which was easily accessible by searching the net. She then posted it on the board. I told you I did and you were upset. As far as people locking their Fotki's over that is some crap...give me a break. You can't tell people your hair is real and then have a PUBLIC online album showing how you sew in your tracks, then get mad when you are "outed". If they wanna "lock" their albums b/c of that,then so be it.

First of all I don't have pictures of how I sew in my tracks in my fotki. Never have so that shows how much you know. There's just pictures of me with different styles no different than the picture in my siggy now. No one is discussing this anymore. All I did was share my experience much like other ladies in this thread are doing as well. I know a few people who said okay I'm locking my fotki now too as a precaution. They stated it in that thread. I don't really care about it anymore. So why do you keep feeling the need to defend yourself? I never even mentioned your name. Let it go. Get a life. Don't you have 4 kids to go tend to somewhere instead of worrying about what I'm posting? What you wanna be known for your good deed? Goodness. You're officially on my ignore list. So no need to even reply I won't even see it.

Ladies this right here is an example of why some people lock their fotkis. There you go.

Last edited:

meka

bmoreflyygirl said:
First of all I don't have pictures of how I sew in my tracks in my fotki. Never have so that shows how much you know. There's just pictures of me with different styles no different than the picture in my siggy now. No one is discussing this anymore. All I did was share my experience much like other ladies in this thread are doing as well. I know a few people who said okay I'm locking my fotki now too as a precaution. They stated it in that thread. I don't really care about it anymore. So why do you keep feeling the need to defend yourself? I never even mentioned your name. Let it go. Get a life. Don't you have 4 kids to go tend to somewhere instead of worrying about what I'm posting?

Ladies this right here is an example of why some people lock their fotkis. There you go.

You did sohave pics of your hair braided in a circle but anyway....

I am saying something b/c you responded twice about it and you don't have to say my name....I know you were talking about me so I can respond if I like, that is why I pay 5 dollars.

I do have a life and I take good care of mine so don't YOU worry about that....How funny you say dont worry about what you're posting but you are worrying about me and mine...so who needs to get a life?

glamazon386

HoneyDew said:
come on ladies. where's the love. :(

(I know this thread is going to be locked down soon)

I think so too HoneyDew... Everybody's just gonna have to agree to disagree. Everybody has their own reasons as to why they choose to lock their fotki or not. If I wanna see someone's fotki that bad, I'll pm them or check the profile for the pw. I do find that unlocked fotkis have more comments in them though.

Last edited:

*ElleB

Babygurl said:
I have to agree with the PW in profile point...I usually dont bother going to look, just seems like too much work when the link is usually RIGHT THERE, but I have to go hunting for the password. :perplexed

Oh my! Where have u been?! Welcome back

Lusa

bmoreflyygirl said:
I don't really care about it anymore. So why do you keep feeling the need to defend yourself? I never even mentioned your name. Let it go. Get a life. Don't you have 4 kids to go tend to somewhere instead of worrying about what I'm posting? What you wanna be known for your good deed? Goodness. You're officially on my ignore list. So no need to even reply I won't even see it.

Was that really necessary? I don't think any of us are interested in a re-hash of that argument and the mudslinging that comes with it.

glamazon386

Lusa said:
Was that really necessary? I don't think any of us are interested in a re-hash of that argument and the mudslinging that comes with it.

Did I mention her name? NO. She took it upon herself to come in here and say something. Which started dialogue back and forth AGAIN. Nobody would have known who I was talking about had she not come in here saying whatever she said. So it seemed to me like she was trying to start drama. Not me. Her post didn't even have anything to do with the original topic of this thread. Like I said before I just shared my experience about why my fotki is locked. If you read my original post you would see that. Much like other ladies are in here saying they were concerned about negative comments or ooglers. They didn't feel the need to repeat any of those comments nor did I feel the need to rehash that argument. Did anybody come in here and say Oooh I left a mean comment in someones fotki as an anonymous person? NO. I just stated my experience. That's all.

Last edited:

Lusa

bmoreflyygirl said:
And lastly, was I talking to you? NO. You weren't there. It was between me and her. So why are you concerned anyway?

I am not going to get drawn into an argument with you over this. But I'll say this much, you were talking to me and every other person that reads this thread. Your comments to Meka about taking care of her kids were uncalled for and rude. If you wish to talk crap to her leave it off the public folder and PM her instead.

And I am done.

hersheyskiss

awww suki suki now :lol:

The Girl

When I first opened my fotki I put a pw bc I saw that everyone had one but when I realized that it was a pain the tail to remember mine, I opened it. I also frequent another board and use the fotki to get tips and inspiration on what I am doing. I don't care for the pws but I understand them. I have gone fotki hunting on several occasions but hey what can you do? I just get flustered by the pws that don't work anymore or the different ones for each folder (hair related). Oh well just my 2 cents...going fotki jumpin

ETA: Oh yeah, I wish there was a way to turn on the save to computer for all fotkis...some have it and some don't and the ladies I have as friends I chekc theirs often. I have been contemplating making a pw folder like someone mentioned...ok that is my 3 cents altogether...lol

chocolate01

It may just be me, but I just understand why having your pw in your profile is a big deal to some people. Everyone can do what they want with their album. If you don't want to get the pw from the profile then don't view the album, but it is interesting that some people who don't even have albums are griping on how other people handle theirs!! I really don't get that. I'm just really confused why this topic keeps coming up :ohwell:

Last edited:

glamazon386

JustMeSteph said:
ETA: Oh yeah, I wish there was a way to turn on the save to computer for all fotkis...some have it and some don't and the ladies I have as friends I chekc theirs often. I have been contemplating making a pw folder like someone mentioned...ok that is my 3 cents altogether...lol

I was wondering about that too. I noticed sometimes it gives you the option to save the pw and other times it doesn't. Is it a feature the person has to turn on in their fotki?

hersheyskiss

bmoreflyygirl said:
I was wondering about that too. I noticed sometimes it gives you the option to save the pw and other times it doesn't. Is it a feature the person has to turn on in their fotki?

If I'm looking at multiple fotkis, it only saves the last password even though I selected save for each one. I thought it was just my computer.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
JustMeSteph said:

I save passwords to my favorite albums in my fotki address book...if they're not committed to memory already. :look:

Millahdoowop

Why is this thread still going? What happened?:p

ETA: Ohhh okay now I see what happened. smdh:ohwell: And for the person who quoted me I didn't see the big deal with her ranting about it. I guess it's fine if people want to explain themselves but getting all worked up about what another person's OPINION is retodded. ESPECIALLY about some daggone hair.

Last edited:

MzOptimistic

bmoreflyygirl said:
I think so too HoneyDew... Everybody's just gonna have to agree to disagree. Everybody has their own reasons as to why they choose to lock their fotki or not. If I wanna see someone's fotki that bad, I'll pm them or check the profile for the pw. I do find that unlocked fotkis have more comments in them though.

Once again, who cares about the comments, if someone is so worried about what the next one thinks...they have the problem....now let's move on to better things...HAIR:grin: you're losing 1/2 inch of hair dwelling on this...just joking.....just joking:p let's just keep it moving...and I agree this thread needs to be clinked...don't want no one getting banned over disagreements...:p

MzOptimistic

Millah03 said:
Why is this thread still going? What happened?:p

ETA: Ohhh okay now I see what happened. smdh:ohwell: And for the person who quoted me I didn't see the big deal with her ranting about it. I guess it's fine if people want to explain themselves but getting all worked up about what another person's OPINION is retodded. ESPECIALLY about some daggone hair.

That would be me, and when you said why is people explaining themselves. I thought that was the purpose of the thread:confused: I'm not worked up, if you seen my post...I spoke in a positive tone as to why I have my pw in my fotki...read my posts and tell me where did I get worked up at....

Last edited:

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
SophiaRose

You have kick it off come from behind the bulletproof glass you knew this would be a hairy situation. :D I do not mind going the extra lenghts to pm,email and look for password in profile to view hair technique. I am trying to grow some long hair.

ChasingBliss

blackmaven said:
SophiaRose

You have kick it off come from behind the bulletproof glass you knew this would be a hairy situation. :D I do not mind going the extra lenghts to pm,email and look for password in profile to view hair technique. I am trying to grow some long hair.

:lol: She don' started up the thread and broke the h*ll out.

SohoHair

JLove74 said:
I just wish folks would learn to spell regimen

.....now pass the popcorn, Goobers and Pepsi

Oh man I second that whole heartedly. A REGIME refers to a form of military or govermentl rule over a country/peoples while a REGIMEN refers to the systematic plans for taking caring of our hair or taking vitamins that so many of us have. Everytime I see someone refer to their viitamin regime I get a mental picture of little MSM capusles lining up in formation to do battle with the biotin.:look: :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.