Freaking Awesome!ORS olive oil texlax results

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I tried the just for me softner, but it really wasn't strong enough. My 3c/4a hair laughed at it and 2 weeks later, it looked like I did nothing to it. I just did the ORS relaxer and I am VERY impressed. My hair hasn't been this happy with a chemical service in years. It is much straiter and I can still wash n go if I want. I would never have tried this had I not heard a good result from KhandiB on the board. Thank u, girl! I am very happy with my results and I am now able to put my hair in a ponytail for the hide your hair challenge! My hair is still texlaxed...not bone strait and it has soo much body. This made my hair feel so silky. I was afraid I left it on too long. I left it on for 10 minutes...much longer than I ever had when I texlax. I primed my hair with oil and conditioner before I appled it. It still worked very fast. I will get the mild version from now on. This relaxer made my MTG resistant hair relax. I'm very happy with my results. I did it myself with no problem and no relaxer smell is left over.

Last edited:
Excellent! I'm glad it worked for you!

Questions:

1. Did you use the Lye?
2. What strength did you use?
3. Did you use the Neutralizing Shampoo or the Creamy Aloe?
4. Did you use the ORS Replenishing Pak or the Replenishing Conditioner in the bottle?

I have some questions too!

Do you smooth with the back of the comb or with your hands?

Did you put the conditioner on your hair first and THEN apply the relaxer?

I used the products from the kit. The kit I used it the resistant one. The kit contained the olive oil creamy aloe shampoo- very moisturizing. It is the neutralizer and a detangling poo in one. the conditioner is the small pak u can buy in the dollar store the replenishing pak conditioner. If this isn't the best thing to soften already relaxed hair, then I'm crazy.:lol: U can either use heat of the dryer...which I didn't. I left it on for an hour covering my hair with a shower cap. It left my hair feeling soft and sliky. It isn't bone strait either. I can still wash n go, too.:) I love this relaxer. I have to now find out how to take care of my texlaxed hair. I will not be using heat that much, so I will be airdrying alot . I'm very happy at the results. No burning sensations at all and no stinky relaxer smell either.

seraphinelle said:
I have some questions too!

Do you smooth with the back of the comb or with your hands?

Did you put the conditioner on your hair first and THEN apply the relaxer?
Yup- conditioner before relaxer to slow down the relaxing time. A tip I learned on the board. I smoothed with my hands. My hair hasn't been this strait in a looong time. It has alot of body too. I'm still not relaxed bone strait. I am very happy.:)

Cool. I'm glad you finally found something that works for you. I'm also texlaxed with ORS Olive Oil and I couldn't be happier. Texlaxed hair isn't difficult to care for at all. I usually CW on Wednesdays and shampoo and deep condition on Sundays. I make sure to always use a leave in (Salerm 21, Lacio Lacio) and coconut oil after I wash. I air dry about 99% of the time. It's that simple.

DDtexlaxd said:
I tried the just for me softner, but it really wasn't strong enough. My 3c/4a hair laughed at it and 2 weeks later, it looked like I did nothing to it. I just did the ORS relaxer and I am VERY impressed. My hair hasn't been this happy with a chemical service in years. It is much straiter and I can still wash n go if I want. I would never have tried this had I not heard a good result from KhandiB on the board. Thank u, girl! I am very happy with my results and I am now able to put my hair in a ponytail for the hide your haor challenge! My hair is still texlaxed...not bone strait and it has soo much body. This made my hair feel so silky. I was afraid I left it on too long. I left it on for 10 minutes...much longet than I ever had when I texlax. I primed my hair with oil and conditioner before I appled it. It still worked very fast. I will get the mild version from now on. This relaxer made my MTG resistant hair relax. I'm very happy with my results. I did it myself with no problem and no relaxer smell is left over.

Glad it worked for you, ORS Olive Oil Relaxer if my bestest friend:yep:

i'm lost. :confused: If ORS is a relaxer....why are you guys calling it texlax?

addydoll said:
i'm lost. :confused: If ORS is a relaxer....why are you guys calling it texlax?

It is a relaxer, but it works similar to a texurizer if you leave it on for 1/2 the recommended time (or less) and you mix EVOO or conditioner in it and on your hair prior to applying the relaxer. It is simply done to make your hair more manageable without totally losing the natural curl...hence the name TEXLAX.

candy1214 said:
It is a relaxer, but it works similar to a texurizer if you leave it on for 1/2 the recommended time (or less) and you mix EVOO or conditioner in it and on your hair prior to applying the relaxer. It is simply done to make your hair more manageable without totally losing the natural curl...hence the name TEXLAX.

Exactly.

oh I get it...thats kind of cool...kind of like underprocessing on purpose but you add conditioner or oil to the mixture.....that sounds like a good hair texture

Back