French Bouffant Roller Group Buy

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Did you have to use smaller rollers for your perimeter?

No, I used all 2 inch rollers although I would like to use smaller rollers on my layered areas when we get them. I'll post my review here that I posted in the Setting thread

This was my first time using my French Mesh rollers.....it was love at first roll.
I used 16 rollers mohawk style and my set dried in 35 minutes. (I set a timer on my phone to check in 30 minutes but once it went off, I decided to sit back under for an additional 5 minutes just for good measure.

To set, I used it's a 10 as a leave in followed by MoroccanOil serum. Before setting, I also used my TEK brush to get my hair smooth just to make sure I gave the rollers a fair chance to work. They are not slippery like my magnetics so there is very little "pulling and rolling" that I could do to help smooth the hair on the roller....so the TEK brush really helped in that area.

So overall:

Less rollers used, less drying time, straight & bouncy hair.... these rollers get a whopping 10 in my book.

The results pictures are in the other thread. I've already deleted the results off my phone lol

2016-04-03 12.28.13.jpg

Edited to add in pictures.

20160403_134712-1.jpg

20160403_134530.jpg

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@SlimPickinz I tried to save and add the pictures from the S2S thread...hopefully this works lol

I have to add that I did not let the curls cool so they really didn't set and are not as curly. I was going for straighter hair so once I finished drying, I took the rollers out and did a traditional wrap to wear my hair straight for a few days. If I remember, I'll come back and post straight hair pics

Amarilles

Y'all ready for round two! (or three?! :lol:) I'll be sending the invoices a little later tonight, after dinner and the Walking Dead finale, lol. And as me and the Frenchy PayPal feds have yet to kiss and make-up, I'll actually just use my US account but still request the payment in euros, as we still have to pay in euros.

We'll collect payment for one week, and cutoff next Monday, April 11th. That sound okay? And I'll then place the orders the next day, early on Tuesday morning (my time).

Anyone else interested can of course jump in at any point before the cutoff, just reply on here or by PM.

Amarilles

And we're good to go, orders were placed early this morning! They're still processing so no tracking numbers yet. I did order everything to my apartment this time though, so I'll see if I can post the numbers on here if they don't contain my home addy. So we're waiting on 4 different shipments. I already have one box at home, the few packs located by the vendor who messed up our last order. So 5 total but waiting on 4.

As far as shipping price, a total of 18 ladies ordered, so we'll split the price evenly between each. Now I know some of you only ordered like, one pack of pins total, but I'm not sure I have the energy to split the price according to the quantity/weight of what was ordered. But if anyone is up for it, I'll gladly send you my spreadsheet with all the numbers/quantities and you can knock the ball out the park. :lol:

I'm again hoping that we can use two of the 55€ flat rate boxes (the bigger box pictured below). They have a 7kg limit (15.4 lbs) so the rollers would have to weigh no more than 30andsome pounds, using two boxes. We have 17 packs of the 2" (the heaviest roller) which will weigh roughly 20 pounds. So if the other smaller rollers weigh over 10lbs, we can try with a third 55€ flat rate box which will give us an additional 15lbs. So with this scenario, two boxes translates to 6ish euros per lady, 3 boxes to 9ish euros per person.

20160202_155950.jpg

OR... if I can reuse a regular shipping box (if one is big enough) and if the stuff weighs no more than 20kg/44lbs, it would cost 160€ (see the chart below) which would be 8ish euros per lady. The box would have to be big enough to hold everything but can't go over the max dimensions allowed by the post office. In reality what we really want to avoid is using various regular boxes, if y'all remember last time they charged 160€ for each box because they were over 10kg, even if they didn't hit the max of 20kg. Hopefully having things shipped to my apartment this time will allow me time to sort and distribute the weight better.

Int. pricing.png

Hope it all makes sense! :drunk: :dizzy: Feel free to post up any Qs.

Nini90012

And we're good to go, orders were placed early this morning! They're still processing so no tracking numbers yet. I did order everything to my apartment this time though, so I'll see if I can post the numbers on here if they don't contain my home addy. So we're waiting on 4 different shipments. I already have one box at home, the few packs located by the vendor who messed up our last order. So 5 total but waiting on 4.

As far as shipping price, a total of 18 ladies ordered, so we'll split the price evenly between each. Now I know some of you only ordered like, one pack of pins total, but I'm not sure I have the energy to split the price according to the quantity/weight of what was ordered. But if anyone is up for it, I'll gladly send you my spreadsheet with all the numbers/quantities and you can knock the ball out the park. :lol:

I'm again hoping that we can use two of the 55€ flat rate boxes (the bigger box pictured below). They have a 7kg limit (15.4 lbs) so the rollers would have to weigh no more than 30andsome pounds, using two boxes. We have 17 packs of the 2" (the heaviest roller) which will weigh roughly 20 pounds. So if the other smaller rollers weigh over 10lbs, we can try with a third 55€ flat rate box which will give us an additional 15lbs. So with this scenario, two boxes translates to 6ish euros per lady, 3 boxes to 9ish euros per person.

View attachment 357599

OR... if I can reuse a regular shipping box (if one is big enough) and if the stuff weighs no more than 20kg/44lbs, it would cost 160€ (see the chart below) which would be 8ish euros per lady. The box would have to be big enough to hold everything but can't go over the max dimensions allowed by the post office. In reality what we really want to avoid is using various regular boxes, if y'all remember last time they charged 160€ for each box because they were over 10kg, even if they didn't hit the max of 20kg. Hopefully having things shipped to my apartment this time will allow me time to sort and distribute the weight better.

View attachment 357601

Hope it all makes sense! :drunk: :dizzy: Feel free to post up any Qs.
:angel2:

betty-boo

A quick update to say there's no update. As far as I can tell neither 4 of our orders have been shipped yet. :ohwell: Not even the first vendor that we went through last time. I'll give these folk a call on Monday afternoon if things remains the same.

Amarilles I'm only just seeing this thread and I've been searching high and low for these rollers!!!
Am I too late?
I'm in the UK so not far from you.
Would it be possible to have a separate order to the USA one?

I would like 3 packs of the blue 2 inch rollers and 1 pack of pins!

**please say yes! (shutting eyes!)**

Amarilles

It's no problem, I can ship directly to you.

Only that you'd have to pay the base price of 17.76€ for the rollers, the previous price was with a code that has now expired. But at least you're ordering enough where the vendor will ship to me for free, so no shipping fee. :yep:

I'll PM you tonight.

betty-boo

It's no problem, I can ship directly to you.

Only that you'd have to pay the base price of 17.76€ for the rollers, the previous price was with a code that has now expired. But at least you're ordering enough where the vendor will ship to me for free, so no shipping fee. :yep:

I'll PM you tonight.

Thanks Amarilles!!!! This is really very nice! I'll check the PM section xxx

Amarilles

The 2" rollers and pins have shipped! Seems we ate up all the stock too, they're now all out of 2" rollers.

The 1.2" rollers and .5" order is updated to "preparation ongoing" but it's not yet shipped. There's likewise no more stock left for either size.

The .8" rollers now also lists "order prepared," not shipped yet though. And the Amazon order says it'll be delivered between the 20th and 22nd, but it hasn't shipped yet. The Amazon seller is also now listing out of stock.

I'm hoping all the orders arrive this week into early next week at the latest, and if so I'll ship to MileHighDiva mid/late next week.

Amarilles

Moving at a fat snail's pace over here. :ohwell:

The 2"/pins order was delivered (with some hiccups I've addressed with those concerned) and still waiting on the others to ship. I've called the vendors stalling, they both essentially say that they're waiting on the items to be sent to them from their supplier. It'll be 2 weeks of waiting soon though...don't know if to just ask for refunds or keep waiting? This would be concerning the 1.2" rollers and the .8". These smaller rollers have proved to be quite a headache to get a hold of.

20160422_130930.jpg

So far we have the box sent from the vendor who messed up the last order (a few 1.6", 1.4" and 1") and the 2" rollers, and the pins.

Amarilles

Rough out in these French roller streets y'all :nono: I've been refunded for the 1.2", 0.8" and 0.5". The vendors' suppliers said they found no stock...after 2 weeks of course. :rolleyes:

As far the 1.2", the very last hope is yet another vendor who said they have all 14 of our 1.2" packs and can ship tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon if I purchased today. So I gave them a go as they aren't too much more than our last price - they're an extra 1.17€ (11.22€ including the shipping, instead of 10.05€) which I'll add to the shipping price of those who ordered the 1.2" (8 ladies). They've agreed to accept returns, so it's cool too if anyone does not want to pay the extra 1.17€. Apologies for making moves without y'alls consent, trying get these rollers out as quickly as possible!

I'll be refunding those of you who ordered the 0.8" and 0.5" tomorrow or Thursday, once these chuckleheads actually ship and I'm sure that I don't also have to refund the 1.2".

So this is the only order we're waiting on now I guess. It should be here by Friday or Saturday I think, if shipped tomorrow, so maybe we can send the rollers to the US on Monday! :pray:

Amarilles

Ack, I had missed your message @prettykinks! But it is indeed too late yes :( we're struggling terribly as it is, the vendors at this point are proving to be too unreliable and there isn't one roller size that is easily available now. Apologies sis!

To update, the order we're waiting on was sent on Thursday they said, but this last vendor is either super unprofessional or just downright fishy. I still can't verify that they've indeed shipped as they've yet to provide a tracking number, but I'm hoping they're legit and that I receive the 1.2" rollers Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Also, earlier we had a little issue with the 2" roller order, where a few packs were missing due to no stock. The ladies concerned are already aware, but our backup plan failed so I'm giving one last try to ordering the missing packs from the same suspect vendor above (had no choice) which they say they'll ship on Tuesday. This definitely delays our US shipping another week or so though. I do apologize for all these delays :nono: if I do not receive the 1.2" rollers in the next few days we'll go ahead and ship to the states with what we currently have. On the phone this fishy-ish vendor keeps saying they'll email me the tracking number but then I receive nothing. I'm thinking they sent it without tracking, despite charging for it and thus now are stringing me along :ohwell: Will see what gives in the coming days.

Thanks so much for the patience girls. Your PMs, words and offers are really too sweet. I do feel the love :heart3:

@meka72 you know I'm legit waiting for you right?! I've told DH and everything! :lol:

Amarilles

Nothing has changed over here, we have two orders placed from one fishy vendor, they say they've shipped but they do not provide a tracking number. Tomorrow will make a week since they shipped the first order which should've already been here, not as if they in China. All I know is if I have to call these fools one more time Imma lose it! :angry2: I may have DH call them up because I just can't! For now I've opted for a polite email instead, just eugh. :nono:

We may have to just proceed with what we already have. It would make 12 ladies, so the US shipping would be divided by 12.

We currently have:
2" roller: 9 packs
1.6" roller: 6 packs
1.4" roller: 1 pack
1.2" roller: 2 packs
pins: 8 packs

Waiting on:
2" roller: 8 packs (supposedly shipped yesterday 5/3)
1.2" roller: 14 packs (supposedly shipped 4/28)

So we keep up the waiting game? What if we gave it until Tuesday, 5/10? Both orders would be here by then if this vendor is legit. If we still have nothing by then I'll issue refunds accordingly and file a claim with PayPal for my refund from these people. And I'd then ship either on Tuesday afternoon or Weds morning.

Amarilles

We got a tracking number! DH had them spell it out over the phone number by number, lol.

http://www.colissimo.fr/portail_colissimo/suivre.do?language=en_GB
8U01455976674

However it looks like they just shipped this package out just today. :rolleyes: I had him call back to ask what exactly they've just sent, and they said all the rollers ordered are being sent together. They had told me otherwise though, and made it seem like they had everything ready when I first called them last week...:rolleyes: will continue to keep it cute and polite but they will hear from me once we get this here box.

Will update once it's here, thanks for the patience ladies!

Amarilles

So this afternoon I randomly received the box with the 1.2" rollers! :spinning: Seems they were indeed sent on the 4/28 like they said, but it was held at the post office due to some problem. No clue why they said they mailed them together with the 2" though! I still don't get this vendor, the box was even shipped with tracking, which they never provided to me despite me repeatedly asking for it.

These rollers are also from a different brand. I looked them up and it seems like this brand is still producing the rollers, I think. They currently feature every size in their online catalog. Maybe in the future if there's enough interest we can try again with this other brand (stress on in the future y'all. :lol:)

I'm thinking the 2" roller order should be here Tuesday or Wednesday, last Thursday was a holiday so there was no mail. Looks like we'll finally send this box to the US sometime next week ladies! :yep:

MissCrawford

So this afternoon I randomly received the box with the 1.2" rollers! :spinning: Seems they were indeed sent on the 4/28 like they said, but it was held at the post office due to some problem. No clue why they said they mailed them together with the 2" though! I still don't get this vendor, the box was even shipped with tracking, which they never provided to me despite me repeatedly asking for it.

These rollers are also from a different brand. I looked them up and it seems like this brand is still producing the rollers, I think. They currently feature every size in their online catalog. Maybe in the future if there's enough interest we can try again with this other brand (stress on in the future y'all. :lol:)

I'm thinking the 2" roller order should be here Tuesday or Wednesday, last Thursday was a holiday so there was no mail. Looks like we'll finally send this box to the US sometime next week ladies! :yep:
I call dibs on 2 packs of 1.5 inch rollers or whatever is a little more in size for a "in the future" order. :look::hand: Not even trying to hear it next time:lol:

Beany

My body is so ready for the future order whenever you're ready. I know this last order was a headache though so definitely take a break.