French Bouffant Roller Group Buy

Amarilles

Just realized I didn't post the pricing for ladies outside the US.

So I would get a box from the post office. They offer various sizes but all cost 1.50€, tax included, after which they'll charge by weight. (box options: http://www.laposte.fr/particulier/courriers-colis/conseils-pratiques/les-emballages-a-affranchir)

Below are the prices by weight/destination with the boxes above:

For England: at most 16.50 € (I doubt 2 packs will pass 2kg?) or £12.55. @AbsyBlvd
Canada: 36.10 € or 55.53 CAD if the order weight is at most 2kg or 4lbs. @Beautified16

The pricing total here would be the 1.50€ + the actual shipping.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I just want to know if the pins would be better or can I just get by with using snap on covers ect.
Do you get a taught set with snap on covers? I'm thinking either the short pronged clips or the pins. If you do a set with covers, you'll have to let me know how it turns out. We should divide the cost and pins, between the both of us, that would be 50 pins each. Let me know, if you want to divide a pack of pins.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Just so that y'all can visualize the differences btwn what you can purchase here in US vs the French rollers, here is a picture of two rollers of the two:

View attachment 350227

@mzteaze Girl you da best! Thanks so much for that visual. These rollers are going to work very well for those of us using the Mohawk method with hair that always exceeds the width of the magnetic roller.

Would you say that 2 packs of rollers are enough to do a full roller set? How many packs did you buy?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
@mzteaze Girl you da best! Thanks so much for that visual. These rollers are going to work very well for those of us using the Mohawk method with hair that always exceeds the width of the magnetic roller.

Would you say that 2 packs of rollers are enough to do a full roller set? How many packs did you buy?

Np. I bought 4 packs under the delusion that I have lots of hair. :drunk:

Two packs should be plenty for most peopled with APL or shorter hair. I use 2-3 tiny magnetic rollers for short hairs at the nape.

Also, for anyone considering using the snap ons from magnetic rollers, unless you plan to only use those snap one with the French rollers, don't do it. They will be stretched out of shape if they don't break first. I was going to try it for a picture but didn't want to break the snap on.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Np. I bought 4 packs under the delusion that I have lots of hair. :drunk:

Two packs should be plenty for most peopled with APL or shorter hair. I use 2-3 tiny magnetic rollers for short hairs at the nape.

Also, for anyone considering using the snap ons from magnetic rollers, unless you plan to only use those snap one with the French rollers, don't do it. They will be stretched out of shape if they don't break first. I was going to try it for a picture but didn't want to break the snap on.

See and that's my struggle. I want like 4 packs too....I mean what if I love them? :nervous2: ANDDDD they are being discontinued too?! Geez Louise!!! :cry4::crybaby:

My pockets are telling me nooooooo....but my roller set mind is telling me YESSSS! :naughtycouch:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@MileHighDiva The snap on rollers are ok, I think they work better with magnetic rollers. I do have those double prong clips. I've used plastic pins before with the hourglass rollers that I have, but I felt that those pins poked my scalp... So that's why I was asking if perhaps these are better.

@mzteaze Thank you for the visual! LOL. I was thinking initially that I needed at least 3 packs because of the length and thickness of my hair, but I believe I *should* be ok with 2 hopefully :look:

junipertree

So how much total for the 2 packs of rollers and pins? I'm confused by the pricing. I may want to add some pins too but did you say they are $40 for 100?

Amarilles

So we start collecting tomorrow or Monday?? Once we're ready for payment I'll PM each of you a rundown of your order to verify, and a PayPal link. I'll bill you ladies in euros (as I have to pay in euros) and the conversion rate will be applied by Paypal/your bank.

I did a few mock-ups on PayPal. So right now, using the reduced price of 16.87 € as we have over 48 packs:
- 2 packs = 33.74 € : PAYPAL USD TOTAL: $38.78
- 2 packs [33.74 €] + 1 pack of pins [18.72 €] = 52.46 € : PAYPAL USD TOTAL: $60.29
- 3 packs = 50.61 € : PAYPAL USD TOTAL: $58.17
- 3 packs [50.61 €] + 1 pack of pins [18.72 €] = 69.33 € : PAYPAL USD TOTAL: $79.69

The PayPal Conversion rate for me (as of today, Feb 4th) shows as: 1 USD = 0.8744 EUR. But PayPal will show your total in both USD (or your currency) and EUR before you pay, so even if the conversion rate changes everything will be very clear before you pay.

The price above is not including shipping. As I don't know how many ladies will actually come through with payment, I can't know the exact shipping cost. I do wish I could do it all in one go (so you only pay one conversion fee) but the surest way is to take it a step at a time. We also have a lot of orders and I do not think they will all fit in one box, we may need two. So once the order arrives and I see where it fits, I'll again PM each of you the shipping amount.

I'll bill with the reduced price of 16.87 € per roller pack as again we have some 50 packs right now. But if less ladies come through with payment and we don't reach at least 48 packs, the roller price would then be 17.32 €. So in that case I will apply the difference to the shipping price. The roller discounts are as follows:

Each pack: 17.76 €
Minimum of 24: 17.32 €
Minimum of 48: 16.87 €
Minimum of 96: 16.43 €

Aaand I hope this all makes sense?! :lol: Feel free to ask any questions if you have any :yep:

Asha08

Straggler here! I've been in and out of this thread trying to make up my mind! :spinning: So when is the hard deadline, tomorrow or Monday? Or is it by chance tonight (if you're thinking of starting to collect tomorrow)?

Either way, thanks @Amarilles and @MileHighDiva for facilitating this group buy. Really great of you both!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@Asha08,
How many packs do you want?

Amarilles will probably start collecting tomorrow. I'm going to try to keep the thread bumped through the weekend.

I/we don't want anyone to miss out on the opportunity to get their hands on these rollers that have been discontinued.

By keeping it bumped through the weekend. Hopefully, will allow for stragglers and people who only login, every once in awhile, a chance to see the thread and get their order in.

I doubt we will make the next discount threshold (96), so the price of the actual rollers will not go down again.

Also, we actually want to get the rollers while they're available.

So, I guess to answer your question, we want your commitment and/or intentions by Sunday night. Want to start finalizing the amount etc. on Monday.

Asha08

@Asha08,
How many packs do you want?

Amarilles will probably start collecting tomorrow. I'm going to try to keep the thread bumped through the weekend.

I/we don't want anyone to miss out on the opportunity to get their hands on these rollers that have been discontinued.

By keeping it bumped through the weekend. Hopefully, will allow for stragglers and people who only login, every once in awhile, a chance to see the thread and get their order in.

I doubt we will make the next discount threshold (96), so the price of the actual rollers will not go down again.

Also, we actually want to get the rollers while they're available.

So, I guess to answer your question, we want your commitment and/or intentions by Sunday night. Want to start finalizing the amount etc. on Monday.

I'm thinking of getting 2 packs of the rollers only, no pins. Will be sure to follow up as soon as possible and no later than Sunday. Thanks again!

Amarilles

I'll start PMing everyone to verify orders and with the PayPal link soon! Ladies can go ahead and pay once ready. Do we think we can all pay by next Friday, Feb 12th? I'll include this date in my PM.

Others that would like to join the group order can still do so, bearing in mind the cutoff date. Just post the order here and I'll likewise send a PM with the PayPal link.

If by any crazy chance this happens, I will discount the difference from the shipping amount.

Amarilles

All invoices should have been received! :) If you didn't receive a PM, go ahead and post here and I'll get to you.

Small Update:

If you tick this button below, please make sure that you cover the PayPal fee. The order total should be what I receive, otherwise we'll come up short. Now I can tack on the difference to the shipping price, but it's going to drive the overall shipping cost up, and that's a bit unfair for those who've actually already covered their own fee.

If one does not tick, I think the fee is automatically charged to you, the buyer.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@lulu97 I kept getting a popup saying that I can't send you a PM. For a minute I thought I broke the thing with all my spamming! :lol: Maybe you should message me and I'll send you your invoice.

That aside, all invoices should have been received! :) If you didn't receive a PM, go ahead and post here and I'll get to you.

PM'D you....or I think I did. I haven't used it since the site update. Let me know if it worked. lol