French Bouffant Roller Group Buy

Amarilles

Sent you the invoice @deborah11

So far so good ladies! At this rate if everyone comes through with their payment we can maybe even get this order off the ground before Friday! :) PayPal puts all kinds of holds on these payments but I'll sweet talk DH into paying it from our account so we don't have to wait those 21 days. :lol:

Posting this again:
If you tick this button below, please make sure that you adjust the amount to cover the PayPal fee, as it'll by default be applied to me, the "seller". The order total to me should read your purchase total, not less or we'll come up short. If one does not tick, I think the fee is automatically charged to you, the buyer, and there's nothing to adjust.

However if you don't include your fee (as most of you haven't thus far :lol:) it's no biggie, I'll let you know your fee amount and add this amount to your shipping total later. Not the overall shipping total but your specific portion of the shipping. I should also maybe include some little deets on how to pay your fee as it seems we may need it, lol.

Last edited:

Amarilles

Does my post read incorrectly? I mean to say that, if one ticks the button then the fee is applied to me. If one does not tick, the fee is applied to you, the buyer. At least I think that's how it works! I tested it earlier and it seemed to work like this.

In the screenshot you can see where the total to me is less than the 33.74 €. In your case I would have to add the 1.57 € to your shipping cost later so we can even out.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
@Amarilles , if I remember correctly if you don't tick you don't get purchase protection but also don't pay the fee.

You're just supposed to add the fee amount to your payment total to make the difference if you want the purchase protection.

How much is the fee in USD by the way?

Amarilles

That's exactly how it works @Colocha. Which is why I'm not saying not to tick it (as not ticking means that you aren't protected) but I'm saying that the total needs to be adjusted.

Although as here you're paying to a foreign bank (my bank in France) I do think that that PayPal still applies a fee, even if you don't tick.

The PayPal fee is a certain percentage of the total...I'm not sure what the percentage is but someone who also purchased 3 roller packs paid 2.32 euros, so maybe some $2.59? Or maybe a bit over since Paypal takes a little margin from their conversion rate.

Colocha

@Amarilles okay I'll be sure to cover everything. I thought your post was fairly straightforward.

I also thought you got to see an exact breakdown of the fees before you pay (but I can't recall).

If that's the case, people just need to make sure the amount going to you (total minus fee) matches the inboxed invoice.

ETA: I just made my payment and you do see your total before you pay if you scroll down. You just click the total amount at the top of the screen and type in your new amount. It may take some adjusting because when you change the amount Paypal may add another few cents in fees (happened to me).

Last edited:

Amarilles

ETA: I just made my payment and you do see your total before you pay if you scroll down. You just click the total amount at the top of the screen and type in your new amount. It may take some adjusting because when you change the amount Paypal may add another few cents in fees (happened to me).
Thanks for that bit of info, it's really very appreciated. You are one of two who ticked the box and managed to include the fee in your payment. The other girlie overpaid by a few cents, which I'll deduct from her shipping price.

The last few payments have been made correctly but the ladies did not tick the box. What is neat about not ticking though is that the payment is available instantly, and the 21-day wait isn't applied. DH gave me major side-eye when I asked him if we could bypass the wait by using our account, but at least it was followed by "if it makes you happy." :lol:

We have 21 packs paid for as of right now. :)

meka72

I'll admit that I was confused about ticking the box/not ticking the box. And then I had a problem with my Paypal account, which I hadn't signed into since 2012.

I didn't tick the box but paid the fee.

PinkDiamond

Problem solved, I just don't know how to use this type of PayPal :lachen:but my purchase has been made.

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I paid for 3 packs of rollers and 1 pack of pins 69.33 eur plus the 2.95 eur fee and now my purchase is not covered by the PayPal protection. If I knew this I would have just checked the box for goods and services which includes PayPal protection and paid the fee with shipping cost. :nono:

I want to assure you that you'll receive your rollers.

You have LHCF protection. Don't worry!

Amarilles

I just PMed you @PinkDiamond.

If anyone else who did not tick would like a refund and to pay again with the box ticked, do PM me or reply here. I'm still perfectly able to reimburse, whether the box is ticked or not.

Keep in mind ladies that I'm not a seller (just the middleman) and I'm not gaining any margin from this. If anyone would like out for reason at all please do say so, you're all only fully committed once the order is placed. For now, I'm still perfectly capable to refund anyone for any reason.

Amarilles

A fee is charged regardless in our case, as you're sending money to a foreign bank. Tick the box if you want the transaction to be treated as a "buyer-vendor" sale where the money is protected. Do not tick if you want the transaction treated as a "friends and family" money transfer.

Here's little crash course on how to edit your payment to cover your fee if you tick the box. (If you don't tick, you don't have to worry about it.)
Untitled.png

So far we have 30 packs paid for! :)

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
@Amarilles, I just sent my payment. I hope I got the "tic the box for protection" right.

What I did:

$33.74 - my payment
$ 1.57 - insurance
$35.31 - total

I adjusted my payment to you, so I sent you $35.31.

Hopefully this is correct. Let me know if it's not and I'll sent you the difference. I pm'd you my email address so you'll know who I am.

And once again - thanks!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@Colocha
That bun and hair fork in your avi are giving me life. You have to show us the rest of your hair bling collection.

Are you in the Caribbean or Stateside? If you're in the Caribbean, it will be better for, Amarilles,to send your rollers directly to you.

Colocha

@MileHighDiva, thanks! I should post them up sometime, though I'm still navigating so I'm not sure where. :look:

I'm in the Caribbean, but our post is unreliable. We have a U.S. box/address that we usually ship things to and then we have a courier bring stuff over from there.

Nini90012

A fee is charged regardless in our case, as you're sending money to a foreign bank. Tick the box if you want the transaction to be treated as a "buyer-vendor" sale where the money is protected. Do not tick if you want the transaction treated as a "friends and family" money transfer.

Here's little crash course on how to edit your payment to cover your fee if you tick the box. (If you don't tick, you don't have to worry about it.)
View attachment 350429

So far we have 30 packs paid for! :)
Thank you @Amarilles for coordinating this purchase. I would like to order 2 packs of rollers. THANK YOU.

Amarilles

ATTN ladies who've ticked the button

Is it okay with you if I mark your "orders" (your payment) as shipped? There is of course nothing for me to ship yet as we haven't yet placed the order :lol: But as your payment is treated as a seller-buyer sale, Paypal assumes that I already have a product to send to you. I would like to mark it as "shipped" so that the 21-day hold on your payment is released earlier.

Last week I ordered one pack of rollers so I could check out the weight/size and get a head start on figuring out the shipping boxes. I can put in the tracking number for this order to "trick" Paypal into releasing the payments sooner. If this isn't okay with even one of you then I won't do so, you can also tell me by PM if you prefer.

Edit: Or just like this post if you're fine with your payment marked as shipped. :)

Last edited: