French mesh rollers

Ltown

Greyland
Hey ladies my bss had a good stock of the metal pins small and large, the large are 3 inches and they are annies brand.

Ltown

Greyland
Ltown

What's the name of that bss? TIA :)

ETA: Did they also have the Annie mesh rollers?

sunsine_One, i don't know the name im ashame but it near my home in Waldorf. Yes they have Annie mesh roller, they suck imo no where near the quality they used to be.

Last edited:

blackberry815

Another data point: I contacted BOSC, the company that manufactures these rollers, and found that they're willing to ship to the United States.

Here's the price quote:

50mm - 2 bags of 12: 15€
40mm - 1 bag of 12: 7€
shipping: 30€

Total: 52€ + whatever your bank charges for international wire transfers

do you think they sell roller pins seperately..

Solitude

I ordered my rollers on the 12th (in the evening, I think) & they came yesterday. That was pretty fast. FYI - the pack of pins only comes with ten, but there are twelve rollers in the set. I think they have these pins at Sally's. ETA: I just saw the posts above. Perhaps the pins at Sally's are the flimsy plastic ones. I'll have to look around.

I probably won't have time to set my hair until Thursday or Friday, but I'll report back.

Last edited:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Another data point: I contacted BOSC, the company that manufactures these rollers, and found that they're willing to ship to the United States.

Here's the price quote:

50mm - 2 bags of 12: 15€
40mm - 1 bag of 12: 7€
shipping: 30€

Total:
52€ + whatever your bank charges for international wire transfers

Thats about what the French company was charging for the most part. The shipping is where the most money is spent.

Solitude

Okay, I'm sitting under the dryer...y'all know I couldn't wait to try them! lol Twelve was plenty for my whole head. I couldn't get with the pins. I ended up using my metal prongs to secure the rollers. They are pretty heavy...the rollers, I mean.

Ltown

Greyland
My hair is pretty straight after using these and the drying time is less than magnetic. I just got to get the hang again of using the pins.

empressri

I have mine in right now along with the regular mesh.

I need a second pack of the blue rollers and I DEFINITELY prefer them to the smaller ones!!!

I could not get the pins for the life of me so I used bobby pins at the root.

albane

For your reference, I posted in the Rollersetting 2011 thread some guidelines as for rollers arrangment with the French mesh rollers

mzteaze

I finally received my French mesh rollers. Surprisingly enough, the rollers are VERY sturdy. For some reason, the way I ordered, I received 12 more rollers than I need. So I think I will sell those on eBay.

For those that are curious, the 50mm rollers are nearly 2 inches large and approximately 1.5 inches longer than rollers we purchase here.

As soon as I post them on eBay, I will post the link for those interested in placing a bid.

mzteaze

Really? How did u order? Are u in the states? because I thought the cheapest way to order if ur in the states would be to order from her.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

I ordered from the link I provided above. Beware, the website is in French (Google Chrome will partially translate the website). I considered ordering from Macherie but when I priced out the purchase, I was able to get a comparable deal with direct ordering. For a few dollars more, I received 36 rollers in total and bought 30 pins. If I had thought about it, I should have bought enough pins to sell with the rollers (for eBay).

The shipping was quick too, I ordered on May 28 and received the package this morning.

ETA: I spoke with the manufacturer and was able to get a decent deal on all sizes of the rollers. BUT, I want to make sure there is enough interest in the rollers before I order to re-sell.

blackberry815

I ordered from the link I provided above. Beware, the website is in French (Google Chrome will partially translate the website). I considered ordering from Macherie but when I priced out the purchase, I was able to get a comparable deal with direct ordering. For a few dollars more, I received 36 rollers in total and bought 30 pins. If I had thought about it, I should have bought enough pins to sell with the rollers (for eBay).

The shipping was quick too, I ordered on May 28 and received the package this morning.

ETA: I spoke with the manufacturer and was able to get a decent deal on all sizes of the rollers. BUT, I want to make sure there is enough interest in the rollers before I order to re-sell.

Well if u do that I would love it if you could order an extra pack or two of the pins. If anyone is ordering rollers if you can order an extra two packs of pins I would appreciate it. I would reimburse you of course. I just don't want to order pins an pay an exorbitant amount just for shipping. I know macherie isn't selling the pins separately yet.

mzteaze

blackberry815

I found a solution to the pins. Diane makes a roller pick that is EXACTLY like the ones I received from France. Here is a link to them on Amazon.

Here is the picture:

http://www.amazon.com/Diane-Amber-Steel-Shaft-Roller/dp/B00144ZQA0/ref=pd_sim_bt_1

http://www.metrobeauty.com/Hair-Car...Hair-Nets/Diane-Steel-Shaft-Roller-Picks.html

You can also get a larger pack of pink or white ones (50 or 100 to the pack).

This is definitely a cheaper solution since these are about $2 per box. I will try to find locally because shipping costs more than the product.

ETA: There is another brand, Prestige, on Amazon but they want nearly $3 per 12-pack. :-(

Last edited:

Honi

There is no board.
blackberry815

I found a solution to the pins. Diane makes a roller pick that is EXACTLY like the ones I received from France. Here is a link to them on Amazon.

Here is the picture:

http://www.amazon.com/Diane-Amber-Steel-Shaft-Roller/dp/B00144ZQA0/ref=pd_sim_bt_1

http://www.metrobeauty.com/Hair-Car...Hair-Nets/Diane-Steel-Shaft-Roller-Picks.html

You can also get a larger pack of pink or white ones (50 or 100 to the pack.

This is definitely a cheaper solution.

These pins are way better than plastic ones and last a very long time. :yep: You can also pick them up at Sallys.

mzteaze

^^^ The ones I got at Sally's are shorter

Thats what I was looking at. They actually cost more than the ones I found locally. Even with an extra 15% off they worked out to more money.

There is a place in Brooklyn that sells a big pack for 0.85 cents. However, it would cost me as much in travel costs as shipping to get to the store for that price. :lol:

Honi

There is no board.
^^^ The ones I got at Sally's are shorter

Really? Like how much shorter. I remember them being kinda longish. Was it Diane's or another brand?

ETA: I see that Dianes is 2.5 inches. I have no idea about their brand and the length is not listed on the site.

Last edited:

winona

Really? Like how much shorter. I remember them being kinda longish. Was it Diane's or another brand?

ETA: I see that Dianes is 2.5 inches. I have no idea about their brand and the length is not listed on the site.

The ones I got from Sally's (TX) were approx. 2.5in for $3.29 the ones I got from the BSS were 3.5in for $.99:grin:

Forgot to add they were both 12 packs

blackberry815

I have the ones from sallys but the ones that come with the rollers are thinner and longer. In my opinion theyre better than the ones from sallys because they slide the the rollers with more ease. I really don't wanna stretch the mesh coating on those rollers because im not planning on ever buying them again..lol

mzteaze

I have the ones from sallys but the ones that come with the rollers are thinner and longer. In my opinion theyre better than the ones from sallys because they slide the the rollers with more ease. I really don't wanna stretch the mesh coating on those rollers because im not planning on ever buying them again..lol

I went to the local BSS and purchased a pack of the Diane pins. They are the same size, thickness, etc as the pack from France. BUT, found out, you will need the longer pins which may not be sold here. The 7cm pins barely make it thru the package.

Soooooo, I am waiting for the place to answer me. They are cheap enough and small enough not cost crazy money to ship. But you will red the 9 cm pins to have enough length.

blackberry815

I went to the local BSS and purchased a pack of the Diane pins. They are the same size, thickness, etc as the pack from France. BUT, found out, you will need the longer pins which may not be sold here. The 7cm pins barely make it thru the package.

Soooooo, I am waiting for the place to answer me. They are cheap enough and small enough not cost crazy money to ship. But you will red the 9 cm pins to have enough length.

Thanks! Keep me posted