Frenchee aka Dog Mane

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by happylocks, Apr 23, 2003.

1. happylocks

happylocks New Member

Has anyone heard of this? Frenchee super gro- Scalp and temple onitment/Hair Conditioner and Hair Dress- It has a very funny, I say bad smell that is strong, it is suppose to grow your hair, has anyone heard of it or use it? I am scaried/ it is water repellent [​IMG],

2. sassygirl125

sassygirl125 Professional PJ

Speak of the devil! I saw this for the fist time yesterday when I went to the bss. I've never used it. It's black and it smells exactly like Glover's and the directions say to leave it in for three days before shampooing. [​IMG]

Some of the jars had ingredients listed and some didn't... It smells like Glover's, but I didn't see pine tar or sulfer on the list. I'm also interested in finding out if anyone here has used it.

3. happylocks

happylocks New Member

The bottle that I have does not have any ingredients on it, My Friends mom left it here,some time ago and it has just been sitting here, [​IMG] that ppl in my town use it (country ppl) [​IMG], She said it made her and her daugthers her grow, it is suppose to have sulfur in it, but I have no ingredients so I dont know, I will check the web and get back to you on that, but I am not using it just yet, it is something you have to use, when you know you will not be around ppl anytime soon [​IMG] Thanks Bye

4. sassygirl125

The next time I go to the store (I'm sure it will be soon [​IMG] ) I'll jot down the ingredients for you. The clerks are used to seeing me do this and get a big kick out of it. [​IMG]

5. happylocks

happylocks New Member

Thanks for looking out sista [​IMG], I could not find anything yet on the net, [​IMG], I will keep looking [​IMG]

6. HOTCHOCOLATE

HOTCHOCOLATE New Member

That sounds like the "Dog Mane" we made back in the day which was a mixture of Glover's and Vaseline. I remember when I was in the 6th grade a classmate, who had 3 inches of hair, came back for summer break with hair pass her shoulders. I wish I could try this, but the smell [​IMG].

7. sassygirl125

I had to make an emergency bss run--I dropped my activator/gel mixture on the floor and it exploded all over my bathroom! [​IMG]

Here's the info:

Frenchee Super Gro Scalp and Temple Ointment Hair Conditioner and Hair Dress
    White petrolatum, lanolin, microcristalline wax, fragrance, vitamin e acetate, hydrolyzed collagen, methyl paraben, vitamin A & D, yellow dye #11, FD&C green #6

It smells identical to Glover's. I don't think they listed all the ingredients...

8. happylocks

happylocks New Member

Thanks for looking out. DO you think it works? I will use it if it does, but only on the weekends, [​IMG], I have classes and cant go there smelling like that or they will [​IMG] hahahahah [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. HOTCHOCOLATE

HOTCHOCOLATE New Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    happylocks said:
    Thanks for looking out. DO you think it works? I will use it if it does, but only on the weekends, [​IMG], I have classes and cant go there smelling like that or they will [​IMG] hahahahah [​IMG] [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Happylocks,

I can't tell if it works, only what I was told by my classmate what her mother did to grow out her hair. I'll tell you the truth, When I was in college, I tried it for one week, but did not stick with it. If you try it I would suggest doing it on summer break then you can apply it every day. And you should up # of times you wash your hair since the ingredients in the mixture could clogg your pores.

10. sassygirl125

DO you think it works?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people say Glover's increased their growth rate. I couldn't stick with it long enough to see a difference... And this stuff seems very similar to Glover's. Only in a grease instead of a liquid.

I have classes and cant go there smelling like that

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't. [​IMG] When I opened the jar in the store, someone a couple of feet away said, "What's that smell?" [​IMG] I can't imagine anyone lasting three days with this stuff in her hair. [​IMG] Even if she stays in the house alone!

11. happylocks

happylocks New Member

Well I will try it really [​IMG], I did a little figuring and if I start useing Friday afternoon apply it till sunday night and wash that should all most be like 3 days [​IMG], then I can wash that nigth, apply my t-tree cream and all should go well, 3 day out of a week should not be too bad, I get some good length [​IMG] - hopefully [​IMG]

12. happylocks

happylocks New Member

I did it, I add the Dog Mane [​IMG], to my hair, it toke some time, I must say that I was scaried [​IMG], It was like tar, but once I put it on I was ok [​IMG], This is the first time I have used it so I will see how it goes, After I am done, I am going to have to wash my scraf [​IMG]- tell me if any of you will try it [​IMG]

13. sassygirl125

Let us know how it works for you. I tried Glover's for a few weeks and the smell nearly drove me insane. And I only left it on for a couple of hours. [​IMG] I know I wouldn't be able to stand smelling the Frenchee for three days.

FYI--If you find that the scent lingers after you shampoo, try applying some Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade and/or some Pantene Detangling Spray. That's what I used to get rid of the Glover's smell.

14. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I've never tried Dog Mane or Glover's but a few years ago before I stopped using products with petroleum &amp; mineral oil I oiled my scalp with Sulfer 8 and got a lot of growth. Maybe these products will do the same since they contain sulfer too? I'm starting to think there may be something to these old-timey remedies. I mean, I was slathering this thick petroleum filled, stinky grease on my scalp 3x a week and washing every two weeks and my hair grew faster than ever. Go figure.

15. happylocks

happylocks New Member

I did have to go out today, with ppl [​IMG], but no one noticed it, The smell came later at night on the way home, but what I did, I put so Hesh castor oil [​IMG], and some T-tree on my hair before I left the house, cause my hair was smelling bad [​IMG], So I think that help, I had no problems so umm [​IMG]

16. happylocks

happylocks New Member

I made it through the week with the Dog Mane, really I would say it was only 2 day, starting friday night-sunday morning, [​IMG], it was not that hard, I will do the same next week hopefully. [​IMG] But I will have to get some stronger shampoo [​IMG]

17. happylocks

happylocks New Member

Friday is almost here, if I DID NOT KEEP UP WITH THIS POST, then I would have not really remember, that I was going to do it every week, [​IMG], But I will this week hopefully, I am looking forward to it, Do you know of anything eles ppl mix with it to give growth do tell [​IMG]

18. happylocks

happylocks New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    That sounds like the "Dog Mane" we made back in the day which was a mixture of Glover's and Vaseline. I remember when I was in the 6th grade a classmate, who had 3 inches of hair, came back for summer break with hair pass her shoulders. I wish I could try this, but the smell [​IMG].

[/ QUOTE ] [​IMG]The summer is here and I am ready to use my Frenchees, anyone care to join me. Is there anything eles I can add to it to give it a boast. I will really enjoy that, If that girl had 3 inches and came back with hair passed her shoulders, I would say more then 6 inches, corrected me if I am wrong,
    I measure with tape (HL 2 End) starting with 3 inches, took it to my shoulders and that was 20 inches, [​IMG], that is 17 inches, and I am 5'6. it would be alot less if I was shorter I think [​IMG]Is that possible [​IMG].What age was she? Does anyone know how often I should use it, and how it works?

19. HOTCHOCOLATE

HOTCHOCOLATE New Member

The girl was 11 or 12 y/o. And she said it was applied everyday. Good luck!

20. joyous

joyous Well-Known Member

I was at the beauty supply today and they now have the Glover's in a floral scent.

21. happylocks

happylocks New Member

Oh floral did you smell it? and what was the price? Thanks

22. happylocks

happylocks New Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Do any of you think, My calculation are corrected, [​IMG], that is a lot of inches if so, plus it depends on her height right? [​IMG]

23. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Well-Known Member

I have the floral scent it doesn't stink at all, but it doesn't have pine tar in that one.

24. joyous

joyous Well-Known Member

Chipmunk have you used the floral scented Glover's yet? If so, have you gotten good results? Thanks.

25. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Well-Known Member

Yes I have used the floral scent, only 2x though. And not regularly, so I can't say that I saw results. It didn't have the same tingly affect on my scalp as the regular one does.

26. HOTCHOCOLATE

HOTCHOCOLATE New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Do any of you think, My calculation are corrected, [​IMG], that is a lot of inches if so, plus it depends on her height right? [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, height does play a part. I'm 5'2 and 22" is bra strap for me.

27. happylocks

happylocks New Member

"If that girl had 3 inches and came back with hair passed her shoulders, I would say more then 6 inches, corrected me if I am wrong,
    I measure with tape (HL 2 End) starting with 3 inches, took it to my shoulders and that was 20 inches, , that is 17 inches, and I am 5'6. it would be alot less if I was shorter I think Is that possible"
    "Do any of you think, My calculation are corrected, , that is a lot of inches if so"

I wanted to know about that, What I had said early, Was her growth about 6 inches, for me if I had 3 inches and grow shoulder length in 1 summer that would be 17 inches [​IMG], I wanted to check my calculation for that girl, It is just a guesstament [​IMG]

28. CandyAppleBlack

CandyAppleBlack New Member

29. happylocks

happylocks New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    bump

[/ QUOTE ]
    what does that mean? [​IMG]hwell:

30. pebbles

pebbles Putting out fires....

"bump" is used to move a thread back to the top so others can see it. [​IMG]