Fresh out of the salon feeling

Everything Zen

I don't know if this topic has been covered yet, but has anyone been able to recreate the freshly relaxed out of the salon feeling at home? I am not discounting naturals on this but I've really only experienced this after starting ot relax back in 2000. My hair is so light and bouncy- I can't keep my hands out of it!!! :grin: I wish I could easily show you all pics but I don't own a camera yet. (That should be a requirement to even post on this board!!!)

The way I think of it, especially when it comes to flat ironing, it seems at a salon they don't use anything besides maybe some kind of wrap lotion. I went to the famed Deneen in Chicago on Saturday (she rocks) and after the whole relaxer, conditioner, neutralizer, conditioner treatment she just rinsed me, set the part and curled my ends. Man my hair feels amazing! I want to recreate this at home when I have little new growth. I almost always use a leave-in like avocado or hemp seed butter, and maybe an oil, but of course a heat protectant spray before doing anything with heat (including a roller wrap). I'm wondering if all of that product is getting in the way of the "salon touch" that I desire when I do straighten. I also notice that salons spritz with some sort of nice smelling serum I'm assuming as they use heat. I wonder what that is and if that is the key to styling. When I style it, it looks fine but not "salon fine" if you know what I mean. Any suggestions ladies?

Moroni

Jen, I did! I relaxed with Phyto II, and rollerset my hair. I know....this thread is useless without pics....I didn't report my results because I didn't take pics, but since you asked....

I'm in the bootcamp, so I didn't use any direct heat, but the rollerset was absolutely wonderful (I've got a great mix for my setting lotion, which left my hair luscious!....filtered water, Aveda DR con...tiny bit, castor oil....just a tad) I was shocked at how beautiful my hair turned out....much better than when I'd go to the salon, because some product that my hair didn't like was always used.

I'm totally loving my hair right now, and I'm 100% DIYer!

Everything Zen

Thanks Moroni, I haven't done enough research on Phyto relaxers yet. Hmmm... I would have ot say that I'm like 85% DIY I do my own braids, rollersets, and I can work a flat iron, etc. but I do like having someone I trust care for my hair a few times a year. I relax every 3-4 months and so far that is the only think I haven't tried to DIY.

Thank you for the advice! I will have to do some research into this cos' don't let me find out I can be completely DIY- I will feel like I'm too good to talk to anyone- including myself :look: