Frizz-free hair!! Come in and share your tips & products!

Divine Inspiration

Hey ladies! :wave:

Frizz-free hair has been on my mind a lot lately. I HATE frizz with a passion. I don't even mind poofy hair all that much, but frizz makes me batty.

So, I wanted to start this thread for those who have great techniques for avoiding/eliminating frizz and for those looking for solutions to their frizz problems.

I'll start:
1. TIGI Control Freak serum works REALLY well when combined with blowdrying & flat ironing. This serum makes my hair nice and sleek and keeps the frizzies away until my next wash.

2. Nexxus Retexxtur serum seems to do a good job of defining my curls and waves and making them shine minus the frizziness.

3. Keeping hair wet while rollersetting has worked well for me.

4. For some reason, over the past year, my hair is less frizzy when I sit under the dryer. Airdried styles have been poofy and unruly...I think it's because I transitioned to texlaxed a couple years back and now I have almost no bone straight relaxed hair (which is what airdries well). So, with hair that's naturally got a crinkle in it, the heat smoothes the cuticle and keeps the frizz away. It also seems to "set" the style.

5. I recently started using Vatika oil, and it also seems to help with frizziness as well as impart shine.

Ok, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Your turn! :)

ShaniKeys

My hair is so poofy you'd think there was an explosion in my hair:perplexed and it frizzes as soon as I get in a humid environment (after flat ironing). I use the Smooth Down line from Redken and it helps, it really tames my hair.

Divine Inspiration

ShaniKeys said:
My hair is so poofy you'd think there was an explosion in my hair:perplexed and it frizzes as soon as I get in a humid environment (after flat ironing). I use the Smooth Down line from Redken and it helps, it really tames my hair.

Ya know, I have the Smooth Down Heat Glide, and I've only used it once or twice. There were so many raves about it here, but it was just alright for me. I'm planning to straighten my hair in the next couple of weeks so I'll try it again and see how it goes.

Divine Inspiration

imstush said:
I always go back to John Frieda Frizz Ease.

I used to use this years ago, and I realized last night that I have some in my hair cabinet...I might need to give it another shot as well.

I'm just realizing that with as many as "smoothing" serums as I have, my hair should NEVER be frizzy. :lol:

I WILL have super sleek hair next time I straighten. :lol:

ShaniKeys

Divine Inspiration said:
Ya know, I have the Smooth Down Heat Glide, and I've only used it once or twice. There were so many raves about it here, but it was just alright for me. I'm planning to straighten my hair in the next couple of weeks so I'll try it again and see how it goes.
I read those reviews about the Heat Glide, not everyone was too fond of it :s But I love the Heat Glide, it works for my hair. I use the entire Smooth Down line and it has done wonders for my hair. :)

NantanYah

To keep frizz out of my natural hair I love Jessicurl's Rockin' Ringlets and Tress Tranzitions by Lottabody. They make wash and go's a breeze with great curl definition and no frizz!:yep::yep:

Cincysweetie

I am always trying to find ways to fight the frizzies!!!! When I'm doing curly styles I have to use products that give me a good hold, but nothing too hard. I love Paul Mitchell's Wax Works, it gives a good, soft hold. No hardness and no flaking. I'm also a fan of the Control Freak on wet hair, which my stylist uses even when she's straightening my hair. It worked pretty well with my twist-out too. I'm also a fan of the Design Essentials Silk Essentials.

I recently purchased the Smooth Down Heat Glide. I'm not sure if I want to keep it or if I'd rather just stick with my DE SE. We'll see!

miracle

Rollersetting, Kemi Oyl & John Frieda Relax Serum keep the frizzies away for me.

~I also have learned to keep each section of my hair soaking wet w/Razac Leave-In when rollersetting. If my strands get dry while rolling, it always leads to frizz.

bLackButtaFly

1. A hooded dryer for an hour and then air drying(for twist outs) i'll be frizz free for the week, or until my next wash

2. lots of moisture, to define my curl (miss jessie's, hair milk, fantasia gel depends on my mood)

3. tying my hair up at night, and when I'm working out( for puffs)

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Has anyone tried ORS Anti-Frizz Olive Oil Glossing Polisher? Is it good?

I'm thinking about using it to maintain spirals when the weather gets warmer.

Isis

Mom23 said:
Sabino moisture block works pretty good. It keeps the humidity and frizzies away. :)
I heard about this from Lala too. I'm still considering this Sabino. I wonder if they give or sell samples...

Aveda Anti-Humectant - Very good pomade with the active ingredient of castor oil. This is a staple for me, not 100% effective in humidity but it's up there. :yep:

Aveda Emollient (serum) - Works very well to eliminate the frizzies. Lasts a long time too. :up:

LovelyLionessa

When airdrying this what I do/use to combat frizz:
Rusk Smoother
BB Oil Moisturizer
Create 2 bantus or a braidout

I use a lot of those leave-ins for control, and as my hair dries, to style it and combat frizz I do the bantus or braidout.

la flaca

Thanks DivineInspiration for bumping this thread for me:) I am gonna start writting all the products down, I think I got a plan!!

mochamadness

Going the Distance
Mom23 said:
Sabino moisture block works pretty good. It keeps the humidity and frizzies away. :)

I used this exclusively last summer and I'll have to say that this product is the only serum that has really worked on keeping my hair frizz free esp. in the humidity...BUT it's so darn expensive for the quantity that you get :ohwell: However, it did work great and I might have to purchase another bottle for the summer!

mochamadness

Going the Distance
Divine Inspiration said:

I like using the heat glide when I flat iron my hair b/c it's a nice and thick and protects good (though I've recently found another serum that has pushed heat glide to back of the stash for now :look: ) , but I'll have to say in extreme humidity it didn't hold up for me either.

Whimsy

mochamadness said:
I like using the heat glide when I flat iron my hair b/c it's a nice and thick and protects good (though I've recently found another serum that has pushed heat glide to back of the stash for now :look: ) , but I'll have to say in extreme humidity it didn't hold up for me either.

So ummmm feel free to elaborate on that.....got a sista curious over here!

Divine Inspiration

Whimsy said:
So ummmm feel free to elaborate on that.....got a sista curious over here!

Ditto!!

Also, Isis, will you please share which of the Aveda products you mentioned is most effective at taming frizzies??

MissScarlett

I'm constantly fighting with frizz, moisture and humidity. I'm about to go curly for the spring and summer:perplexed so I here are my summer products for frizz free hair, i switch them up. I always start off with infusium and then add a product from there.

bumble and bumble leave in conditioner
redken clear moisture leave in
redken anti-snap leave in
redken smooth down conditioner-I use this sometimes as a leave in
redken smooth down heat glide-when I flat iron/blow dry in the summer
tigi bedhead control freak serum
garnier fructris serum
aveda HUMectant pomade- there is the ANTI-humectant I use when I wear my hair straight/flat ironed and then regular humectant I use on DRY hair to revitalize curls, you have to know the difference between these products to use them.

InnerSoul

On a daily basis after moisturizing.. I make sure I seal with dabs of oils(types of oils are listed in my siggy)... Oils knocks the frizzies out for me and I concentrate the oils throughout all of my hair and especially the ends.

Like Divine Inspiration posted... I also make sure I keep my hair wet when roller setting...then I procede under the dryer to dry!