Frizzy cornrows

shoodrat

Hi, for all who cornrow, my mother cornrows my daughter hair & my daughter hair is thick, after she cornrow it, her hair looks frizzy, I don't perm her hair, what can be done to stop the frizz? By the way, my daughter hair is a 4a, and shoulder length.

G

Try mixing water and just plain old hair grease and apply to the cornrow...then lightly "brush" the braid with a hairbrush in the direction of the cornrow to tame the frizzies. I used to do that all the time and it worked for me.

Ayeshia

cornrow magic worked well in my hair. it smelled like mint though but overall it works verywell and it moisturizes as well

cutebajangirl

Or when you are braiding the hair put gel on her own hair and that keeps it in. My braider uses Let's Jam and when I take the braids out it is always healthy and never dried out.

nekee

try soulchild's method. The front of my hair are in cornrows and i washed my hair last night while in the cornrows, oiled the actual cornrows and put on a scarf and right now they look like they were just done. no frizz

shoodrat

I'm going to experiment, my daughter hair only lasts a week, it grows fast in cornrows, it's thick too, anything to try to make it last longer & not look frizzy, it gets so frizzy toward the end of the week.