FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE. Spinoff for 09 BC.

Platinum

:bump: for more challengers!

I'm really excited about this challenge!:yep: I'm thinking about having a few contests within the next couple of months and I plan to give away some wonderful prizes! Stay tuned...:grin:

Hello. I'm Uniquely Blessed, and I'm a hair-aholic! I've lurked, I've joined, now may I [please][/I] be in this challenge? I have 9 inches, natural 4b hair which tends to dryness sometimes. I did a big chop of alot of split ends last year, and this challenge should keep me on track and accountable.I'm currently in braid extensions and will post pictures and regimine soon.

coolsista-paris

I'M IN!!!!!!! :grin:
start pic (last week of june 2010):

im between 7 and 8 inches at the front and around 5 at the back (depends on parts of the hair) lets say longest 8.

my reggie:

-No poo 1 a week
-DC 1 a week (i do my mixtures, don't really buy anything but oils, avocados,and all that)
-every night: spray hair with my mixture (water,aloevera,grlycerin,oil) then braid or twist with scarf to sleep. seal ends with castor oil
-massage in the week (when i dont forget)
-protective styling: braids with extensions, twists.
-in winter: go back to baggying.

lets go ladies!!! im already excited lol

Last edited:

harrietsdaughter

Hi Ladies! I'm a newbie and would like to join this challenge. I BC'd on May 7, 2010 after transitioning for about 14 months. My hair is currently about 6-7 inches long.

I "believe" my hair type is 4a/b, fine strands, thin-to-medium thickness. I don't have a set regimen at this point, but here is what I have been doing over the last few months:

• Co-wash every day/every few days, using either Suave Tropical Coconut or HE Hello Hydration.
  • Shampoo every 2 weeks, sometimes once/week depending on how much buildup my hair feels like it has. Currently using Giovanni 50/50 shampoo.
  • Deep condition with every shampoo. Lately I have been using AOHSR and I am liking the results.
  • For styling, I typically use KC Knot Today as a leave-in, sometimes using the KCCC on top, especially for a wash-n-go. Other times I will use just the KCKT along with a little oil (Kemi or Coconut oil) to seal and pull my hair back into a puff.
  • I recently tried a glycerin-based moisturizer (S-Curl No Drip) but I haven't been consistent enough with usage to really say that this is a part of my "regimen".
Overall, my biggest issue right now is being consistent with really caring for my hair and I'm hoping this challenge helps me to do that. Look forward to sharing and seeing everyone's progress over the next several months! I will try to post starting pics later this week.

nikki2229

Can I join?
My last relaxer was 11/06/08.
I BC'd on 2/13/10.
I only have 8 to 8.5 inches of hair due to PCOS.

lp318lp

Please, please let me join! I BC'd March 22, 2009, but am currently only 3 - 4 inches in in length. The longest part of my hair is ALMOST 4.5 inches, but that ain't nothin'! :perplexed

Stress, poor eating habits, and more stress :wallbash: has caused my scalp to experience a whole lotta tension, and I believe that has been the reason why, in the 15 months since my BC I don't really have much to show for it. I have pics from about the first 8 months but then I got married and starting doing shows all over the US, so things have been a bit hectic. They have since simmered down, but I need this challenge to help get me back in the HGH-state that I began.

Here are some pics from before to now...

Please let me know if I can join!!!!

So far this is my regimen, just starting it this week:
Wash every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Condition with Aphogee 2-minute Reconstructor on Mondays
Condition with KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner on Wednesdays
Deep-Condition with ORS Olive Oil Replenshing Pak on Fridays (at least 1 hour)
I use Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1 as my daily moisturizer
I also use Pure Shea Butter, Haitian Oil, CHI Silk Infusion, and Water in my hair. Sometimes I'll make a mix or apply individually.
I also use MN on my trouble spots.

I hope I'm pleading my case for membership well!

~me :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Self Improvement Pictures 021.jpg
    Self Improvement Pictures 021.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Wayward Atlanta Hair 029.jpg
    Wayward Atlanta Hair 029.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 14
  • Hair_b.jpg
    Hair_b.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Hair.jpg
    Hair.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Hair_c.jpg
    Hair_c.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 12

Prettyeyes

Please, please let me join! I BC'd March 22, 2009, but am currently only 3 - 4 inches in in length. The longest part of my hair is ALMOST 4.5 inches, but that ain't nothin'! :perplexed

Stress, poor eating habits, and more stress :wallbash: has caused my scalp to experience a whole lotta tension, and I believe that has been the reason why, in the 15 months since my BC I don't really have much to show for it. I have pics from about the first 8 months but then I got married and starting doing shows all over the US, so things have been a bit hectic. They have since simmered down, but I need this challenge to help get me back in the HGH-state that I began.

Here are some pics from before to now...

Please let me know if I can join!!!!

So far this is my regimen, just starting it this week:
Wash every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Condition with Aphogee 2-minute Reconstructor on Mondays
Condition with KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner on Wednesdays
Deep-Condition with ORS Olive Oil Replenshing Pak on Fridays (at least 1 hour)
I use Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1 as my daily moisturizer
I also use Pure Shea Butter, Haitian Oil, CHI Silk Infusion, and Water in my hair. Sometimes I'll make a mix or apply individually.
I also use MN on my trouble spots.

I hope I'm pleading my case for membership well!

~me :rolleyes:

Due to your length/setback please join the original challenge!!!! Please repost this over there with us!!! http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=479554

Curly Lee

Hi ladies, I'm currently doing an overnight henna gloss. I love henna and it's benefits fro my hair. I need to stick to doing it bi-weekly to get the full benefits.
Oh yeah I've also decided I'm done with wash-and-go's for at least a year. I love them but I get too many single strand knots. I'm sticking to twistouts and protective styles for the rest of the year.
I had pretty good growth in the front of my hair from June 1-June 24 with my yarn braids

I wish I would have kept them in for 2 months but I can't do one style for that long, I think crochet braids will be my next protective style

Grand Prix

So glad I get to join you in this challenge!
It's been my dream to BC and grow to WL forever. :grin:

My last relaxer was October 19th 2008 and I BC'd May 20th 2010. After a transition of 19 months I've been natural for a little over a month and have 10 inches of hair.

I haven't developed much of a new reggie yet, except that I'm finally able to wash and go now! I know I'm supposed to be careful with the ssk's and tangles, but wng's this summer is kind of my reward for me transitioning so long. :look:
Also I believe that my hair does best when manipulated as little as possible (no combing, braiding) so I'd like to see how that goes.. Yesterday I detangled for the first time in two weeks and it was a breeze! All that cowashing rids me of shed hair which is usually the reason for my hair to tangle.

For now I will stick with what worked during my transition
  • Cowash and go daily. Leave in conditioner and seal with butter or oil.
  • DC at least once a week.
  • Shampoo about 3 times a month with either ORS Creamy Aloe or a Chagrin Valley bar, depending on build up.
  • Moisturize and throw on silk bonnet before bed.

Long way to WL..

manter26

I have about 6-7 inches of hair all around.

I don't have a strict regi or list of products but here's what I try to do...
Keep hair braided 90% of time, limit heat
Cowash with Skala G3 about every 2 days
Use Skala Aloe and water ask leave in
Use Eqyss Avocado mist as braid spray
Wash with HR LTR once a week, condition with Pantene
Use protein conditioner to cowash when I need it
DC with moisture or protien in between braids

Last edited:

GreenD

Yeah, the 09'ers have a challenge!! Please sign me up. I'm sorry I'm late but here's my info:

• My last relaxer was June 25, 2008; I BC'd March 2009 (with the longest part of 3 in.)
  • I'm currently at about 8-9 inches (after my trim in June)
  • 3c/4a hair type
  • I cowash about twice a week
  • I keep hair braided under a wig pretty much since my chop
  • I take, MSM, silica, and hair, nails, and skin vitamins
  • I also scrinch and apply aloe vera gel and doo-gro on my scalp after every wash
  • I should be making APL by Dec. 2010; and hopefully BSL by June/July 2011
  • The trim I did in June was the first trim I did since I chopped, and will probably trim once a year for good measure (and to eventually grow all layers out once I hit WL)
  • If I apply heat it'll be in Dec. for the end of the APL challenge and in March for my anniversary.

These pics were taken in March 2010

Attachments

• HPIM1960.jpg
    HPIM1960.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 18
  • HPIM1963.jpg
    HPIM1963.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Key

I BC'd 6\20\2010
my hair is about 7" stretched in the back I'll have to measure the rest
I would like to join, is it to late?? :perplexed

lwilliams1922

I want in!

I BC'd again yesterday. I didn't measure but I might have about 4 inches.

@Grand Prix what products are you using? your curls are popping!

BLUEandGOLD2010

Count me in! My last relaxer was in April 2009 and I BC'ed on June 15,2010. I have a mixture of 3c/4a hair everywhere except in the front, which doesn't seem to want to curl. :nono: Anywho my current regimen is very simple:
  • I co wash 3-4 days a week with sauve almond and shea butter (or any other conditioner laying around)
  • I wet bun or wash-n-go with kinkly curly most days of the week
  • I shampoo once a week with desert essence thouroughly clean face wash (yes, face wash. It has castile soap in it and a lot of other good oils. It also makes my scalp feel great and doesnt dry out my hair)
  • I also DC with every shampoo wash or more if im bored/have time
I will post pics shortly.

zazzi

I'd like to join. My last relaxer was January 09 and I BC'd in October. I have about 8.5 or 9" of length. My regi is very simple:

Cowash daily or every other day with Suave Tropical Coconut
Once or twice a week I'll use Organix Nourishing Coconut condtioner mixed with Aussie 3 minute
Detangle in sections
Rinse, and leave in a little bit of Suave coconut conditioner
Seal with Castor Oil or Olive Oil
Work in some Ecostyler Gel and GO!
At night I try to spritz with a water/condish/olive oil mixture, put in a few big braids/twists, and put on a satin scarf
When I wash (once a week or so), I either use baking soda or a touch of Bioluxe shampoo

I need to get better at my nightly routine. Too often I end up sleeping with my hair loose and dry.

Hair Type: 3C/4A

Prettyeyes

THE TECHNIQUE OF THE MONTH FOR JULY 2010 IS NATURALLY SOOTHING YOUR SCALP.
:yep:
One way is to mix these items and apply to scalp.
1oz JBCO
1oz AVG
10 drops of rosemary, peppermint, ylang ylang, tea tree and cedarwood
.2oz emulsifier
1/4 tsp Germall Plus

or Apply essential oils

or rub in aloe vera gel.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE MORE IDEAS THROUGHOUT THE MONTH!!

nominated by Winona, 4bslbound and GreenD in order

Last edited:

Prettyeyes

My contribution to the technique of the month is giving yourself a gentle scalp massage once a week, it works great and improves circulation!!

ksk_xs

I would like to join this challenge. I believe I have about 5" all around now. If not I'll move to the other thread. My last relaxer was in October 2009 and BC'ed in March. My regimen is super lazy right now. I DC maybe once every 1-2 weeks. My hair is in yarn braids. I take down a braid every few weeks to gauge moisture levels in my hair. I have just been taking down my braids and redoing them in sections in order to BKT as I was getting knots in alot of sections where hair stuck out from the braid. I plan to BKT every 3 months (more if I'm in braids as I don't wash my hair often). I used Rogaine periodically since April. I don't know if it has had an effect. I use Joico and Pureology products.

Attachments

• CIMG0027.jpg
    CIMG0027.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 19

Aggie

I would like to join this challenge. I believe I have about 5" all around now. If not I'll move to the other thread. My last relaxer was in October 2009 and BC'ed in March. My regimen is super lazy right now. I DC maybe once every 1-2 weeks. My hair is in yarn braids. I take down a braid every few weeks to gauge moisture levels in my hair. I have just been taking down my braids and redoing them in sections in order to BKT as I was getting knots in alot of sections where hair stuck out from the braid. I plan to BKT every 3 months (more if I'm in braids as I don't wash my hair often). I used Rogaine periodically since April. I don't know if it has had an effect. I use Joico and Pureology products.

ksk_xs, have you tried coffee or black tea rinses on your hair and scalp. The caffeine in them helps to control shedding a great deal. Follow up with a decent enough moisturizer.

Also if you order online, try getting some Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening shampoo (sulfate-free)and conditioner to wash and condition your hair with. They have saw palmetto in them which help with male-pattern baldness by blocking dht on the scalp. This allow the follicles to perform better and get better growth.

Make sure to give your scalp a massage 2-3 times a week like Prettyeyes said to increase blood circulation to your hair follicles. Your hair and scalp will thank you for it.

nikki2229

Just wanted to add my starting pics. Nearly 20 months post relaxer and a slow grower.

Last edited:

ksk_xs

ksk_xs, have you tried coffee or black tea rinses on your hair and scalp. The caffeine in them helps to control shedding a great deal. Follow up with a decent enough moisturizer.

Also if you order online, try getting some Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening shampoo (sulfate-free)and conditioner to wash and condition your hair with. They have saw palmetto in them which help with male-pattern baldness by blocking dht on the scalp. This allow the follicles to perform better and get better growth.

Make sure to give your scalp a massage 2-3 times a week like Prettyeyes said to increase blood circulation to your hair follicles. Your hair and scalp will thank you for it.

Thanks Aggie, I tried the tea rinses and it was too time consuming for me. I only bought the rogaine because it didn't require any mixing :perplexed. Does saw palmetto work topically?

Prettyeyes

*SPINOFF*
Platinum will be the captain of this challenge, Aggie will be the co-captain and I will be honorary co-captain but I am in the original challenge due to BC date and length.

Challengers:
1. Platinum @ 6 inches *CAPTAIN*
2. Aggie @ 6 inches? *co-captain*