FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

Prettyeyes

thanks! look out for me in a few months! ill be armed and ready...its so funny because i actually did a time line of how long it should take me to get to WL and the year 2013 sounds just about right! i cant wait!!! i will be viewing from the sidelines until im ready:)
When was your last relaxer?

Vintageglam

I'm in - I BC'd on the 24th April 2010 to 2.5 inches. I am now about about 3.5 - 4 inches stretched.

I am not sure when I will get to waist length but I am enjoying my natural hair and enjoying watching it being healthy and growing.

I am psing with half wigs and steam and DC 1x week and then put my hair in mid sized twists. I also co-wash & dc in my twists 1x week also when I have the time. I also pre-poo my scalp with a Castor Oil/ Megatek Mix 2x week overnight before wash day and am currently trying to grow out my edges.

I moisturise and seal every 2 -3 days or as needed.

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

i really want to know if my pattern will change as the length continues
biggest worry is shedding & hair lost in braids.........ending up with a very thin natural
YIKES!
i'm so pro braids..... so any guru's on braiding care (individuals) hit me up whenever possible

thank u so much!!! (so difficult to protect ends on a twa!)

Last edited:

winona

I want in. I will be back to post regi and pics:)

I will shampoo with diluted (.4oz to 4oz water) Elucence Moisture Benefiting Shampoo or Clarifying Shampoo no more than once per week. Biweekly has been working for me lately:)

I will DC once a week at minimum. I will use heat in my hair for DCing (dryer, steam or heat cap)

I will wear some form of protective style 5 days a week (bun, cornrows, twists, ect). I have been doing this for about 6 days a week lately :) SO SO SO lazy LMBO

I will always wash and style hair in sections to avoid major tangling issues.

I will not flat iron my hair more than once per year.

I will post pics at least every two months begining July 1:) HHG ladies

Attachments

• IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Anew

Do I have to post pics before being added to the list? Just making sure. I'll post tonight, have to wait until my photographer gets home from work.

jamoca5

I have a (slightly silly) question about measurements. Since our hair grows up and out instead of down until it gets longer, how do we measure it? And because of shrinkage, is it better to measure it while wet?

Southern Belle

This is EXACTLY what I need!:yep:

I BC'd on March 6th, and I have about 3 in. I'm in kinky twists right now, but I will be back to post my BC pics. This is going to be sooooo much fun, ladies! :grin:

Prettyeyes

I have a (slightly silly) question about measurements. Since our hair grows up and out instead of down until it gets longer, how do we measure it? And because of shrinkage, is it better to measure it while wet?

Great questions, it is best to just pull a piece straight between two fingers and measure it wet or dry!IMO

Attachments

• hair june10 003.jpg
    hair june10 003.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 74

ladysaraii

I'll be watching the thread. I'm long term transitioning (13 months post in 2 days) and i'm working my way to WL. I don't plan on chopping for at least another year

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I want in!!! My hair is about 2 1/2 inches long. My big chop was on 2-12-10 :) Pics are in my siggy!! **And I've already updated it with this challenge. YAY!!!

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

ANYONE HAVE ADVICE ON HOW TO TELL IF U HAVE relaxed/texlaxed ends on your natural hair? I'm going round & round b/c some of my hair is super straight

i have the urge to cut.... my hair is so floppy, but can't tell if its mine or partial texlax left

wet or dry best way to try to determine?

Last edited:

Platinum

Great idea for a challenge! I would like to join but my hair is too long for the length requirements.:sad: My hair is uneven so I'm measuring between 5-6.75 inches. Good luck everyone.

ETA: I think I still meet the requirements since I BC'd in April of this year.

Last edited:

B3e

Great challenge OP! I'm in. I wanted my final goal to be midback but this will definitely be a challenge worth taking part in. It seems to be the only challenge I need really.

I'm in braids right now but shortest and longest hairs included I average about 4.5"

Will post regimen and BC pics along with regimen etc tonight.

BC'd? what is that?

BC = Big Chop = cutting all relaxed hair off and hence becoming completely natural. Some people also shave their heads for a clean slate.

I recommend you take time to look through the sticky of posts near the top of the bulletin, one of them has a link to acronyms and you will greatly benefit from learning all you can so peoples posts/replies make more sense even when they abbreviate.

Aggie

I think I want to try this one out even if I don't actually get to WL hair. I want to know that I at least made an attempt to get there. I just big chopped in April this year and really want to go for this one for as long as I can.

So please add me to the challenge PE:grin:.

Here are my starting pics:

I might be roughly 4" or 4.5 because I did trim a little more of my hair off after taking these pics. I will be primarily using PS techniques including extension braids, buns and wigs to help me get there:yep:.

Let's do this ladies.

Last edited:

LadyPaniolo

Just popping in to give some support. I KNOW you ladies can do it... because I did it! I BC'd and within 3 years I was MBL, now I'm at waist and pushing it for hip.

I did Crown and Glory braids the first year and a half, then mostly wigs thereafter. Now I'm mostly wearing braidouts. I wish all of you challengers much success!

KaramelDiva1978

I am hoping these come out big enough. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong that they're staying so small. Here are my pics to date:

My BC: 5/14/2010

One Month later: 6/14/2010

Prettyeyes

I think I want to try this one out even if I don't actually get to WL hair. I want to know that I at least made an attempt to get there. I just big chopped in April this year and really want to go for this one for as long as I can.

So please add me to the challenge PE:grin:.

Here are my starting pics:

I might be roughly 4" or 4.5 because I did trim a little more of my hair off after taking these pics. I will be primarily using PS techniques including extension braids, buns and wigs to help me get there:yep:.

Let's do this ladies.

Aggie I think your hair is amazing!!! I think you would fit in the spin off thread let me know if I am incorrect! I just added a spin off for 09 ers!!!

Ms Lala

Just wishing you ladies the best on this challenge. I am also journeying to waist length and want to wish you well.

Prettyeyes

Just popping in to give some support. I KNOW you ladies can do it... because I did it! I BC'd and within 3 years I was MBL, now I'm at waist and pushing it for hip.

I did Crown and Glory braids the first year and a half, then mostly wigs thereafter. Now I'm mostly wearing braidouts. I wish all of you challengers much success!
:yep: THIS.

Prettyeyes

I want in. I will be back to post regi and pics:)

I will shampoo with diluted (.4oz to 4oz water) Elucence Moisture Benefiting Shampoo or Clarifying Shampoo no more than once per week. Biweekly has been working for me lately:)

I will DC once a week at minimum. I will use heat in my hair for DCing (dryer, steam or heat cap)

I will wear some form of protective style 5 days a week (bun, cornrows, twists, ect). I have been doing this for about 6 days a week lately :) SO SO SO lazy LMBO

I will always wash and style hair in sections to avoid major tangling issues.

I will not flat iron my hair more than once per year.

I will post pics at least every two months begining July 1:) HHG ladies

How did I miss this please see if you and your lovely hair qualify for the spin off thread since it is longer than 4 inches!