FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

janda

I'd love to join either this challenge or the spin off but I'm not sure which one (if any) I fit into. I'm 100% natural but have been so for many years. I'm growing out a VERY short haircut from 12/09. I just measured & my longest length is around 5 inches in the front top portion of my head but everywhere else (sides, crown, back) is 4 or below. See my siggy for my hair length flat ironed.

Prettyeyes

I'd love to join either this challenge or the spin off but I'm not sure which one (if any) I fit into. I'm 100% natural but have been so for many years. I'm growing out a VERY short haircut from 12/09. I just measured & my longest length is around 5 inches in the front top portion of my head but everywhere else (sides, crown, back) is 4 or below. See my siggy for my hair length flat ironed.

Stay here!

Prettyeyes

it better! because i'm going hard!!! my biggest challenge is that i have a house full of braiding hair...so i will be using braids part of the time

no wigs or weaves though (hopefully never again)

i really want to know if my pattern will change as the length continues
biggest worry is shedding & hair lost in braids.........ending up with a very thin natural
YIKES!
i'm so pro braids..... so any guru's on braiding care (individuals) hit me up whenever possible

thank u so much!!! (so difficult to protect ends on a twa!)

I would recommend the crown and glory technique C&G go to the site growafrohairlong.com

ANYONE HAVE ADVICE ON HOW TO TELL IF U HAVE relaxed/texlaxed ends on your natural hair? I'm going round & round b/c some of my hair is super straight

i have the urge to cut.... my hair is so floppy, but can't tell if its mine or partial texlax left

wet or dry best way to try to determine?

If the ends feel real strange you may need to clip them.

Blackmagic

Definitely in! If I count...:perplexed

Been natural for several years but "Big C'd" in January...working with about 3 inches of hair...

Lishaboo

I'll join!!! I just BC on thursday!!! I'm excited!!!! I guess I'm going to have to start posting pics!!

Prettyeyes

Ok since we are still early let's talk about what we have been using so that we can choose our first product/technique of the month.

I have been getting to know my texture and I am loving doing the wash n go with Sauve coconut condish I leave a lot in and that's all sometimes!

Last edited:

B3e

I measured one of my edges while repairing it: 3.5" so the rest of my hair should be ±1" I'm definitely excited for this challenge.

Regimen:
  • Shampoo and condition as needed (weekly/biweekly)

Moisturize as needed (2-3x Daily)

EVOO/Indian Oil (4x a week)

Braids/Wigs/Twists only 1st natural year then I will try wash-n-go, braidouts etc thereafter.

Wrap edges in scarf @ night

Body & Spirit:
  • Workout 4-6 days a week, eat home cooked meals 85% of the time.

30 minutes of silent meditation/me time daily

ETA: BC Pic
- I kept trimming ends that looked straight even after the BC and had enough breakage after the deathly micros to basically be BC status in June. Some areas grew of course but after the micro takedown, the bad outweighed the good. But I'm ready to get my retention back on point. This challenge will help me!

Last edited:

Tamrin

unapologetic
I co wash every day with either Suave or Kanechomn Karite Butter or Aloe Vera. I use either conditioner as leave in or I use KBB leave in.

Styling: I use Miss Jessy's Curly Pudding ( Not an all time fav but it was cheap and I intend to finish it)

Moisturizing: Qhemet's Burdock root, Stasofro, Rose water
Sealing: Real Argan oil, JBCO, Aloe Vera Oil, or Jojoba oil.

Last edited:

Blackmagic

My regimen is fairly simple so far...

I co-wash every other day or once every three days with the Taliah Waajid Herbal Conditioner. I purchased the huge gallon size for a great price the other day. It should definitely last me a long while...lol

Once every three weeks I'll clarify and do a protein treatment with my phytokeratin:grin:

I'm pretty lazy with this length. I don't do hardly any styles besides the odd braid out, twist out or wash and go. Right now I'm just enjoying my short hair again.

Oh yes and I will wash my hair every week with a cleansing cream (Hair One, Miss Jessie's, or Mozeke) and detangle (finger-combing rox!)

Last edited:

Prettyeyes

My regimen is in my fotki and it is being tweaked now that I am natural but you can get the idea!

So now as a new natural with twa's is anyone trying to do PS or is everyone just doing the w-n-g?

Prettyeyes

HAIR TYPE_Okay I was thinking today that as a relaxed head hair type is not as important but as a natural IT IS. You can not take care of something you can not understand. I am a mixture of 3c/4a and I have already begun treating the areas a bit differently and see better results! It doesn't matter which type you are it all looks great healthy and it all grows but you must claim it!
If you type your har wrong you will suffer by missing out on advice from people with the similar type!

I was in shock when I seen thehairlabs hair the other day she is the exact mix of 3c/4a that I am (Fluffy curls (finer) and kinky coils (more wiry) mixed in!, I think our hair is awesome!!!! My hair is super dense and hers is more sparse!:lick:

What is your hair type??? Tell me how awesome it is!!!

Last edited:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Eva's regimen, products, styles, etc

Regimen:
Shampoo and Deep Condition once a week.
Cowash or rinse hair as needed (usually 1-2 per week)
Mist, moisturize and seal hair daily.

Products:
Renpure Organics Moisturizing Shampoo (red bottle)
Renpure Organics Moisturizing Conditioner (red bottle)
Taliah Waajid's Herbal Conditioner
Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier
Afroveda's Shea Amla Cream or Curl Define Butter
Castor Oil

Styles:
Shrunken/stretched puff/fro

**If I do attempt a style, I will be using Afroveda's PUR Whipped Hair Jelly or Qhemet Biologics Honeybush Hair Gel.

Hair Type:
4 B. Very dense, thick and medium strands. Little to no curl pattern (in other words its a big cotton ball). Hates oils (except for Castor Oil). Doesn't like protein. Shrinkage is killer.

Last edited:

CurlTalk

My regi has been extra lazy this week:

I cowash with HEHH every morning
I moisturize with Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream
I seal with my whipped shea butter/ olive oil mix
I apply a gel; I've used QB Honeybush Tea Gel with excellent results, but am on the lookout for a cheaper alternative. I tried Fantasia IC (clear), and liked the results, but my hair was a bit stiffer than normal. I'll try again with less product, and see how it works.

I shampooed twice last week...speaking of which: I've been natural for a week!

CurlTalk

^^Eco Styler Gel is very light and inexpensive as well.

I've heard only good things about it. That'll be the next one I try.

Question: which one is best? the olive oil, the pink one, the clear one? I'm not looking for hold, per say, so much as taming the frizz while my hair dries (if that makes any sense).
TIA!

explosiva9

I'm In. BC in March. Don't know the exact day because I did it in the moment. No planning. Then traumatized about it for 2 weeks. My length is 2 inches. I don't have an exact regimen as I'm still figuring out what will work. All I do is cowash daily and apply jojoba oil and MOP curl cream. I shampoo when I feel my hair needs it and only comb my knots out about 2 times a week.

Thanks
Z

Duchesse

I'd like to join!

I'm not fully natural though :look:, but have about 4 inches of new growth. I wasn't going to BC until Oct. when that makes me a year into my transition.

In 2013, I'll be 30, and would love to celebrate that burfday with WL natural hair. I'm about to run out, but will be back later with pics and reggie.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi

Question: which one is best? the olive oil, the pink one, the clear one? I'm not looking for hold, per say, so much as taming the frizz while my hair dries (if that makes any sense).
TIA!

The only one I've tried is the clear one. If you try the other ones, please let me know how it works. :)

Last edited:

pookaloo83

Here's my starting pic. it's blown out just a lil here. I Bc'd April 27th. Right now, I have in Crochet braids. I'm PS'ing until October and then I'll see what I''m gonna do from there. I'm a 4b and my last relaxer was October of last year. Here are the crochet braids I installed myself last night.

Last edited:

LoveCraze

Naturalista

TIA!

For less hold, then you want to use the Olive Oil Eco. I still prefer to use something underneath though to ensure it won't be hard.

Blackmagic

I think I might get some sulfur for a mock BT recipe...

I ordered a couple of shampoo bars the other day so I will work that into my regimen. I have been moisturizing with an Aloe,glycerin,rosewater spray and sealing with TW Protective Mist Bodifier.

I guess I'll end my curiosity by getting the Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel today...I'm super cereal!

Prettyeyes

I know everyone is talking about that Eco Styler I like the ingredients but haven't seen it anywhere locally.

divinefavor

OMG! This sounds like a great challenge!!! I'm still transitioning and plan to BC on December 5th which will mark 1 year since my last relaxer touch up! Looking at this challenge though...I might BC sooner! I'll be cheering you all on from the sidelines!!! WL here we come!!!

Subscribing!

Prettyeyes

I'd like to join!

I'm not fully natural though :look:, but have about 4 inches of new growth. I wasn't going to BC until Oct. when that makes me a year into my transition.

In 2013, I'll be 30, and would love to celebrate that burfday with WL natural hair. I'm about to run out, but will be back later with pics and reggie.

As soon as you BC, join anytime!!! HHG!

bride91501

Ok Prettyeyes, I think I'm in the right place now lol

I bc'd on 5/31/10. I had about 3.5" of hair after I bc'd, 8 months after my last (and final!) relaxer.

I plan to stay weaved up in a full weave- no hair out- until I reach SL. I'll then pc with my own hair until I reach my ultimate goal of MBL (or WL? Who knows!).

Below is my current regimen:

-Co-wash weekly
-castor oil edges and scalp every other day
-DC twice month
-Shampoo once/month
-keep weave in for 8 weeks, wear hair out for 1 week before next install
-protein treatment between installs

The attached photos are of my hair 1 day after BC (with finger coils), and my current weave install.

Attachments

• EH hair 6-1-10.JPG
    EH hair 6-1-10.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 35
  • EH NYC Weave Hair 6-12-10 edited.JPG
    EH NYC Weave Hair 6-12-10 edited.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited: