FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

Stepiphanie

Hi Ladies,

I took my braids out last weekend, and did a wash, DC with steam and tried curlformers for the first time. My goal is to use them to stretch my hair to reduce knots and tangling. Though I'm happy with how the actual curls turned out, it did stretch my hair quite a bit and I twisted it into large twists. I'm washing again next week, and am planning to do another PS in the next month or so.

Attachments

• fluff.jpg
    fluff.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 59

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Well I did a homemade protein treatment using knox gelatin, Loved it!

recipe:
1 packet knox gelatin
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup conditioner (I use Tresemme Naturals of course)

Mix the gelatin into the boiling-hot water until dissolved. Add the conditioner and mix well. Clarify hair, and then add your treatment into hair. air dry or sit under dryer for 20-30 minutes until hair hardens. Rinse well with warm water, and then DC for 30-45 minutes.

I watched my curls come back before my eyes! I still have some areas that are less curly, but I'm just glad I can still sport a wash n go :)

lp318lp

My update:

I've been working crazy hours, and have been in rehearsals for another show, but I have been moisturizing and sealing faithfully. I did go two weekends without washing my hair, so you know I went ahead and clarified and conditioned this baby! :drunk:

I tried using the Hair One packet again, the one for dry hair, and had the same effect: tingly scalp. Not going to use that anymore. Looking for another sulfate-free shampoo. Any suggestions?

MyAngelEyez~C~U : Girl, your hair is lookin' mmm-mmm-:lick:! Keep up the good work!!

The dates are chronological: March 23, April 14, June 16 and August 13. For some reason I thought I had more pics. Oh yeah, more to upload from my phone. But I can say that it's growing!

KaramelDiva1978 : How did you get your edges to wave up like that in your June pic? Great styles!!

Gorgeous hair pics ladies!

I'm going through a phase with my hair in which I just can't stand to look at it...whenever its loose, I get the urge to CUT CUT CUT. So I'm guessing wiggin' is the way to go for now. I don't think I'll be happy with my length until I'm Full SL/CBL...and trust and believe, I have a WAYS TO GO before I get there.

Over and out...

Evallusion : I know how you feel, girl. I get that way sometimes, but with patience and a padlock on the scissors, you'll get through it and hit full SL/CBL in no time.

I wonder if the OP of this thread is ok.

I think I may put mini twists in my hair next week. I need to start PS'ing more.

pookaloo83 : I'm thinking the same thing. Are you going to do your own hair or going to the salon. I'm debating myself...

me~:rolleyes:

NikkiQ

Today is gonna be prep day for my install tomorrow. Going to get a sew in for my wedding and probably leave it in until the end of the year. I think I need a hair break for real.

KaramelDiva1978

Thank you! My stylist used Ecostyler gel and a rattail comb to style my edges like that. I sat under the dryer for about 30 minutes to let this style "set" so I was good to go with just tying it down at night and letting it stay that way.

My update:

I've been working crazy hours, and have been in rehearsals for another show, but I have been moisturizing and sealing faithfully. I did go two weekends without washing my hair, so you know I went ahead and clarified and conditioned this baby! :drunk:

I tried using the Hair One packet again, the one for dry hair, and had the same effect: tingly scalp. Not going to use that anymore. Looking for another sulfate-free shampoo. Any suggestions?

@MyAngelEyez~C~U : Girl, your hair is lookin' mmm-mmm-:lick:! Keep up the good work!!

@KaramelDiva1978 : How did you get your edges to wave up like that in your June pic? Great styles!!

@Evallusion : I know how you feel, girl. I get that way sometimes, but with patience and a padlock on the scissors, you'll get through it and hit full SL/CBL in no time.

@pookaloo83 : I'm thinking the same thing. Are you going to do your own hair or going to the salon. I'm debating myself...

SunnyHoney

Is APL to BSL the longest stretch of the journey?!?!?! :swearing:

Not trying to be ungrateful for my progress thus far, but I feel like I'm not making any noticeable progress right now....maybe because the other stages were closer together they seemed to come faster.

:violin:

But seriously, is APL to BSL a longer road?

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Is APL to BSL the longest stretch of the journey?!?!?! :swearing:

Not trying to be ungrateful for my progress thus far, but I feel like I'm not making any noticeable progress right now....maybe because the other stages were closer together they seemed to come faster.

:violin:

But seriously, is APL to BSL a longer road?
@SunnyHoney, it depends on the person. Brastrap levels are relative, but BSB (below Shoulderblade) to me is a better messurement, because your shoulderblade are always the same on you. Given that fact, and looking at your siggy, I'd say you are about an inch or so away from BSB, next stop mid back for you!:yay::party::dance7:

SunnyHoney

@SunnyHoney, it depends on the person. Brastrap levels are relative, but BSB (below Shoulderblade) to me is a better messurement, because your shoulderblade are always the same on you. Given that fact, and looking at your siggy, I'd say you are about an inch or so away from BSB, next stop mid back for you!:yay::party::dance7:

MyAngelEyez~C~U, Good point! I hadn't thought about using the shoulder blade (always wondered what BSB meant :rolleyes:) With BSL method, a bad-fitting bra could cause a chick to have bad hair day! :lachen:

Honestly, I never imagined these acronyms would be in my LHCF vernacular. A year ago I would have convinced anyone that I'd be content with just getting healthy SL hair. But now I'm insatiable! And still so notoriously impatient.

So how are we measuring mid-back? :look:

RayRayFurious

My update:

I have that HairOne, too. I think the tingly hair is from the menthol in it.

I really like Organix (you can get it at CVS) or Shea Moisture shampoos. They are really moisturizing and lather well. My hair doesn't feel stripped afterwards...but it still feels clean.

lp318lp

I have that HairOne, too. I think the tingly hair is from the menthol in it.

I really like Organix (you can get it at CVS) or Shea Moisture shampoos. They are really moisturizing and lather well. My hair doesn't feel stripped afterwards...but it still feels clean.

RayRayFurious : Oh, you're probably right! I didn't even think of the menthol! Well, when I last used it, I was massaging my head like crazy (per the directions) and that seemed to make things a little better, but not to the point where I am willing to purchase more!! :crazy: Thanks, but no thank you "Hair One."

I am looking for a new shampoo and conditioner, so... maybe I'll try the Organix product line... we'll see. Thanks, Ms. Lady!!! :grin:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

@MyAngelEyez~C~U, Good point! I hadn't thought about using the shoulder blade (always wondered what BSB meant :rolleyes:) With BSL method, a bad-fitting bra could cause a chick to have bad hair day! :lachen:

Honestly, I never imagined these acronyms would be in my LHCF vernacular. A year ago I would have convinced anyone that I'd be content with just getting healthy SL hair. But now I'm insatiable! And still so notoriously impatient.

So how are we measuring mid-back? :look:

LOL, I dunno...measure the length between waistlength and APL and devide that in half, LOL.

lamaria211

Today is gonna be prep day for my install tomorrow. Going to get a sew in for my wedding and probably leave it in until the end of the year. I think I need a hair break for real.

Congrats on ur wedding im planning to wed in april 2012!

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using SPH-M820-BST

lp318lp

I put twists in my hair, but my camera phone is ackin' a fool!! I will upload pics soon. Going to the vietnamese store to purchase my vegetable glycerin and rosewater to make my own braid spray!

NikkiQ

Heyyy ladies!! I'm back and still in this install. Was planning on keeping it in for a while,but my closure is lifting up and my braids are coming loose in the back already. Only 2 weeks old. Sad. Gonna talk to the stylist about other PS options that can last me to the end of the year when its length check time.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

transitioning?

Hey guys. I'm having a tough time with this hair journey. I have no idea what to with my hair. For the last two weeks I've been doing chunky braid out afros and puffs. I tried twists but I lose too much hair redoing them every week. That said they look bad if I keep then in longer. I'm planning to put in yarn braids but haven't ben able yo devote 2 days to install them. I need to protective style to retain length. Help please

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

gvin89

Hey everybody! I'm still hanging....4 months natural!!! I stick to my KISS regimen which includes low manipulation and protective styling. I recently got straightened and did a trim. I'm about 6 inches all around. I am considering doing one more round of braids with extensions to finish out the year.

Sprinkl3s

Hey everyone! You guys are going awesome. My two year anniversary will be on the 30th so you guys know I will post the exclusives here.

When I get to a computer I will update cause I still don't know how to work this phone.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

MyAngelEyez~C~U

lp318lp, will you do me a favor and keep the thread bumped for me? I will be MIA for a while due to personal issues that require my complete attention, and I don't want folks to think I vanished into thin air, lol.

Thank you in advance,
My

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

lp318lp

@lp318lp, will you do me a favor and keep the thread bumped for me? I will be MIA for a while due to personal issues that require my complete attention, and I don't want folks to think I vanished into thin air, lol.

Thank you in advance,
My

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

MyAngelEyez~C~U : Definitely, sis! I hope everything works out! Please come back soon, but take care with everything and I'm sending one up to the Lord for you, hon' :angel:... We won't let you down!

lp318lp

Alright sisters!! Let's keep this thread movin' until MyAngelEyez~C~U comes back! My update: I've been faithfully spraying my twists every morning, except today due to knee injury. But I will be spraying and massaging it today at some point.

NikkiQ

I think this weekend may be the perfect time to take this install out. I really want to shampoo and DC my hair. I wanted to make an appointment to get it redone at the beginning of next month, but my stylist is having surgery then and won't be doing hair for 2 weeks afterwards. IDK if I can go that long without it done. I've grown very bored with my wigs. Maybe I can find a new one to light the fire back in my butt.

lp318lp

Bumping for Updates... New styles, wigs, shampoos, conditioners, moisturizers, etc... LET'S GO!! :clap::bouncegre::clap::bouncegre::clap:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Bumping for Updates... New styles, wigs, shampoos, conditioners, moisturizers, etc... LET'S GO!! :clap::bouncegre::clap::bouncegre::clap:

Hey, ladies!

I went on a "shopping spree" at my local asian market, and picked up some olive/sunflower oil, castor oil, rose water, and coconut oil. Then I went to my local latino market and picked up some aloe vera juice, Linden tea and Hibiscus tea. Can't wait to mix up my own version of terressentials hair wash :) Ordered 200 grams of henna and got 200 grams free from the Henna Sooq BOGO sale this past weekend. Hope it comes soon, my blonde roots are showin, LOL.

On a personal note, things are looking like they may turn out alright. I just gave it to the Lord to handle anyway he sees fit. I know I'll be fine regardless. Thank you guys for all the prayers and well wishes! It helped tremendously.

Last edited: