FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

lp318lp

Okay you need to tell me your secret b/c I can't make decent looking twists to save my soul. They always look wonky and just a HAM.

NikkiQ ~ Actually, it's the braided twists that most African salons put in your hair. I usually do them myself, or let another salon take a crack at my mane, but this time, I went to a salon that I had visited only one other time. Not sure if I'll back there again because they did my twists in a way that I don't like. They braid first, then twist. I like my twists to start off as twists, y'know? Here's a pic:

As for doing my own twists, with my own hair, I couldn't tell you how to do that decently. I twist then I bantu them or twist them with other twists... :spinning:

I'm scared to ask, but I'm really worried. Anyone heard from OP since January? I mean this is really odd, I hate to think that something drastic happened to her. Did I miss something because I haven't been very consistent on posting in the last few months.

KaramelDiva1978 ~ I think we all have wondered what has happened to the OP. I know I've reached out to her a few times via PM, but no response. I don't think you missed much... she just stopped coming around... :sad:

Hola chicas!

I'm just checkin in, since I've been M.I.A. for a while. Nothing new with my hair, though.

I'm in first trimester of pregnancy, and I'm too sick to get online often, so I'll be a ghost on the boards for a while. Also, my family's relocating from one coast to another, so I'll be busy.

This would all be great for my hair if I would keep it bunned, but I haven't. I've been doing wash n go's all the time lately, sleeping with no bonnet/scarf, and generally dogging my hair! So I end up with a lot of tangles, and I'm shedding like crazy. I'm going to try to bun more often and use this busy/sick time that I don't have to look cute, to gain some length.

SunnyHoney ~ Congratulations on your new mini-YOU! YAY!! Hope your move goes well for you, and don't let that new baby see you with crazy hair... bun it and forget it, girl! LOL!!

MY UPDATE: Still natural, still in twists, and still moisturizing daily, and washing weekly! I love it when my hair is in twists like this. I just get up and GO!!!

me~:rolleyes:

dachsies_rule!

Still chugging along, trying different products to see what my hair likes

:grin: likes: KCKT + glycerine, Shea Moisture curling souffle gel, Curls curl souffle and creme brulee

:nono: hates: CD hair milk, Curls milkshake and lavish curls, some products with aloe vera as the first ingredient

A lady at my job brought me some she had tried when she was first natural, so i have left to try: Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curls gel's'c and goddess curls, Donna Marie, Miss Jessies, Beautiful curls, and giovanni direct

Boooo to anything with a lot of protein: my hair totally rejected that Joico K-pak reconstructor

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Well I did a semi-stretch test on this super loose 3b curl that I have behind my ear and I THINK it reached CBL. I'm not claiming anything until I flat iron at the end of the year. I'm kinda tickled to even think about it.

SunnyHoney

Hey girls,

just checkin' in. Still doggin' my hair while this pregnancy has me feeling like a crap!

My hair is like straw right now, partially my fault though, because I haven't been using any of my favorite leave-in, Mixed Chicks. I finally went and bought 2 large bottles today and hopefully can salvage some of my hair!

Despite the disrespect I've shown it, it's till growing. Not sure how long it is because I haven't (and probably won't) straighten it for some time. But when I look at it wet out of the shower, unstretched but unshrunk, it's at APL, so I think stretched, I may have hit BSB. It's thick at the scalp from the hormone surge, which is making the rest of it look sickly thin....ugh, pregnancy is not my best look :nono:

aleemah

hey you guys. My one year anniversary is in a few days. I started with a bald fade and have about 5 inches in front and 6 inches in back. I had a really hard time with breakage but it was due to my slacking. I have nailed my staples and I am no longer a product junkie. This year will be nothing but cornrolls and wigs for me. I have learned that a watched pot never boils. Will post pics soon

transitioning?

Well I did a semi-stretch test on this super loose 3b curl that I have behind my ear and I THINK it reached CBL. I'm not claiming anything until I flat iron at the end of the year. I'm kinda tickled to even think about it.

Thats good. I think I might be cbl too. Thats how I kno I'm SL for sure lol

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Stepiphanie

Checking in...

I've switched to washing every two weeks, I cw sometimes after week one if my hair feels dry. I trimmed quite a bit off in the last most both by S&D and cutting frazzled ends. I was noticing a ton of splits especially in the back, so Im gonna step up my protein in my reggie.

I've also been trying out new styles, I did the flexi rod in my siggy last week, and really like it. As far as length, I'm rather close to APL so I'm hoping to be there when I straighten in December.

gvin89

Hey yall...checking in. It's been a minute...things are going good though. I've gotten a better grasp on my previous moisture issue. My hair is growing and it feels very healthy.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

lp318lp

Hey Y'all!!!

I'm so sorry I've been away from LHCF for a minute. I've had such a huge transition and now, I'm getting into the groove of things, but just wanted to stop by and post some updates.

NikkiQ : I think it's safe to claim it now. One day before the end of the year, and I know (with the reggie you've had), you're probably a little past CBL.

My "pony-puff" is growing :)

MyAngelEyez~C~U : Girl, you know your hair is delicious! I can't wait for a puff like that!!!! :lick::lick::lick:

Hey girls,

just checkin' in. Still doggin' my hair while this pregnancy has me feeling like a crap!

My hair is like straw right now, partially my fault though, because I haven't been using any of my favorite leave-in, Mixed Chicks. I finally went and bought 2 large bottles today and hopefully can salvage some of my hair!

Despite the disrespect I've shown it, it's till growing. Not sure how long it is because I haven't (and probably won't) straighten it for some time. But when I look at it wet out of the shower, unstretched but unshrunk, it's at APL, so I think stretched, I may have hit BSB. It's thick at the scalp from the hormone surge, which is making the rest of it look sickly thin....ugh, pregnancy is not my best look :nono:

SunnyHoney : I'm sure you are a beautiful pregnant mommy!! Your hair is probably growing nicely because of all the estrogen that your body is producing. Take advantage of this time; I've heard women claim that their hair grows a lot because of the pregnancy so... let me know if that is true. You'll be at WL before you know it!! :grin: Stay encouraged...

As for me... I've been getting my hair professionally twisted, but I think I'd rather do it myself next time. Twice in a row, I've gone to the African braiding salon, and they've done a good job, but... I don't think I can continue to afford to get it done like that so... I am going to wash it this weekend, and start retwisting my hair myself. I know how to do it, and I've done it before, but I just don't like feeling like my whole day has gone to H-E-double-hockey sticks-in-a-hand basket just because I'm doing my hair. I think I have some pics to share, but (of course) I don't know where they are... Will post progress shots soon!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, GALS!!! :party:

NikkiQ

lp318lp unfortunately I had a SHS cut off about 3" of hair last week when I went in for a trim and flat iron. Not very happy about it, but at least my ends are healthier.

lp318lp

lp318lp unfortunately I had a SHS cut off about 3" of hair last week when I went in for a trim and flat iron. Not very happy about it, but at least my ends are healthier.

NikkiQ: Gurrrrrrrrrrrl! All that work, and s/he did what? We'll at least you looked on the bright side. Ultimately, healthier ends is our goal.

How was your first Christmas as a married lady?

NikkiQ

^^^It was great! Sucks that he had to work Christmas Eve (damn military) but I got to spend Christmas day with him and almost my entire family. I wore the hair out for family to see and they were RAVING about it. They couldn't believe that my natural hair could get that straight. Why? IDK

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Good for me, kinda at a point with hair where there:'s nothing to do but feed it and water it...bought myself a stand-up steamer in the hope of spicing things up a bit...

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

gvin89

MyAngelEyez~C~U said:
Good for me, kinda at a point with hair where there:'s nothing to do but feed it and water it...bought myself a stand-up steamer in the hope of spicing things up a bit...

Tell me about the steamer...I am interested in purchasing one.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

gvin89 said:
Tell me about the steamer...I am interested in purchasing one.

I have to put it together. I'll tell how I like it after I use it. I got it from LCL Beauty (google it, great prices).

SunnyHoney

Whew! It's been a while since I've been on the boards! I'm heading into 3rd trimester of my pregnancy, got settled in a new city, and finally ready to focus on my hair again.

But there's really nothing new to report. I did some WnG's for a while, then decided to straighten my hair for a length check about 2 weeks ago. Did a trim for the first time in over a year while it was straight, as one side had a few funky ends. I feel like my hair's growing more slowly than it has before, so much for the hormones helping out...but oh well! I hate straightening my hair now. I feel like no matter how careful I am with the heat, I somehow permanently lose a little bit of my curliness. It might just be the length weighing my hair down and stretching it, but it feels more wavy than curly these days.

Anyway, I'm still just CWing daily and bunning most days. Oh and when I length checked I was just about BSB. Think I took a picture, I'll try to find and post it when I get a chance. Hoping to hit mid-back (is that what's next...I don't know the order of these things) by end of year.

Holla!

PS: any update pics???

MyAngelEyez~C~U

SunnyHoney said:
MyAngelEyez~C~U, How often do you steam, and what benefits do you see? Does it help retain moisture? Do you have to seal after steaming?

I have only steamed once, last weekend, and I loved how my hair felt. Very moisturized and soft . I did seal afterwards, but some folks steam with oils. I steamed with conditioner with hempseed oil added.

Last edited:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

So I went ahead and steamed with a DC yesterday, rinsed and added Sabino moisture block, blow dried, and flat-ironed my hair. I used my Splitender to trim my hair( great gadget), and I used my FHI Runway to straighten. Nice healthy results :)

Attachments

• image-3449643307.jpg
    image-3449643307.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 70
  • image-3276886236.jpg
    image-3276886236.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Sprinkl3s

It's been a while. I cut a bit so I'm trying to put the scissors down

Attachments