From Relaxer to Texturizer

luvmesumhair

I have a question...

I already self relax with ORS. But my question to you is if it is possible for my next touch up to be able to use a texturizer instead of my regular ORS? I am thinking about growing out my perm slowly and transition to texturized hair.

Or is that a big NO NO!!!

Thanks!

msa

Well if ORS works for you, why don't you just continue to use it? You can just underprocess on purpose.

luvmesumhair

msa, I guess I could do that but thought it would be easier with just using a texturizer instead of guessing how long to leave the ORS on.

msa

msa, I guess I could do that but thought it would be easier with just using a texturizer instead of guessing how long to leave the ORS on.

I can understand that. I'm just looking at your hair and thinking, she's going to mess it up by trying something new. You can definitely texlax using your current relaxer, just read up on how to do it. Some people add oil to theirs and other people add SAA to their new growth. Of course there are lots of other ways as well.

Also, you do realize that if you start transitioning to texlaxed hair you will have 3 textures to deal with? Make sure you're prepared for that.

luvmesumhair

I can understand that. I'm just looking at your hair and thinking, she's going to mess it up by trying something new. You can definitely texlax using your current relaxer, just read up on how to do it. Some people add oil to theirs and other people add SAA to their new growth. Of course there are lots of other ways as well.

Also, you do realize that if you start transitioning to texlaxed hair you will have 3 textures to deal with? Make sure you're prepared for that.

Never thought about that.:perplexed What you said makes sense. Thanks msa.