From Tragic to Estatic

SunySydeofLyfe

Last weekend a stupid b**** braided my hair and superglued my hair to the braids!! :wallbash: I could have murked that chic, but I digress.....I ended up having to cut the extensions out (luckily, I only got partial braids and a sew in) so the front of my hair is short....imagine a mullet, LOL (I laugh to keep from crying and committing a felony) anyhow, I went on Craigslist and found a WONDERFUL lady who took me today and I got some slamming micro braids..:grin:....she definetly has to take them out!!!! She was so sweet and so gentle with my hair.

I needed to share and couldnt rest until I did.....it is sooooo late in the A but I had to get it out......I will post pictures later this morning!!

Happy Hair Growing!!!

Last edited:

aprilj

I went through the same thing in Aug '07. The woman glued 2inches of my hair into the braids. At that time I was grazing BSL and lost all of that progress. I'm happy to hear that your micros turned out great.:yep:

TrendySocialite

Wow, glad things turned out better. The last set of braids I had were glued in like that. They were a pain to take out but I didn't lose too much hair as a result, but NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Sly

i never heard of gluing braids . . . is there a reason they chose to do so?

Ivie184

Your new braids are beautiful :grin:. Sorry you had to go through all that but the best thing you can do now is to nurse your hair back to health. You should have seen my reaction when I saw those pics:nono:. Maybe the next time you get your hair braided (if) you can ask the lady if she can tie the ends (trust me, there are some ladies who tie the ends tight and them suckas never come out :lachen:) instead of gluing. Stories like this are part of the many reasons why I learned to do my own hair because I don't have time for nonsense. :ohwell:

SunySydeofLyfe

Your new braids are beautiful :grin:. Sorry you had to go through all that but the best thing you can do now is to nurse your hair back to health. You should have seen my reaction when I saw those pics:nono:. Maybe the next time you get your hair braided (if) you can ask the lady if she can tie the ends (trust me, there are some ladies who tie the ends tight and them suckas never come out :lachen:) instead of gluing. Stories like this are part of the many reasons why I learned to do my own hair because I don't have time for nonsense. :ohwell:

Thank you! I am feeling better about the person that did this set, I wish I could do my own!! :grin: