Full & Healthy Crown & Edges Challenge 2012

Solila

Firstborn2 It won't hurt to try, especially if you're not seeing the progress you were hoping for. At the moment I'm seeping herbs into castor oil to make the base for my latest sulfur mix. I see a difference in thickness throughout my hair, so I'm trying to be more patient with my edges. :drunk:

This really works? I did a small mix of JBCO and sulfur but I didn't really make me go "wow. " Then again I hadn't used it consistently.

faithVA

I pincurled my hair tonight and I could really see the bare spots at my temples. I'm still not sure if there will ever be hair there. I put some oil on my crown and my temples tonight. Maybe I will get back to oiling my temples every morning.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Solila It does for me! :yep: I am medium to low density with fine strands; it takes a while to see a change, but my low density areas are filling in with more strands. I'm still working on the edges, but they look much better than they did earlier this year.

Brwnbeauti

Any ladies ever had eczema on their scalp. I've always had small breakouts on my body and just discovered a small patch above my ear. Yes my already thin edges are hit with another obstacle. What did you do to stop the itch?

faithVA

After washing, oiled my scalp with my castor oil blend. Applied my DC and sat under my heat cap for 45 minutes. Next time I will do this before I wash so I can get a good scalp massage in.

faithVA

Here is my update. Still have some work to do but it's not too bad. I have been slacking on my regimen in 2012.

Here's where I started in April 2011
ScalpPicStart0511 (640x595).jpg

Here's Jan 2012
ScalpPic0112 (640x480).jpg

Here is Nov 2, 2012
CoilsTopP2 (633x640).jpg

faithVA

Thank You HanaKuroi and Firstborn2.

It feels good to not be as self conscious as I was. I am feeling more motivated to keep going. Since my thinning was really bad, I love having the progress to encourage others to keep going and being consistent. We don't have to settle for hair loss or hair thinning.

I was in Cracker Barrel today and saw a lady with a thin spot and was thinking to myself, You don't have to settle for that.

jprayze

faithVA

I love these progress pics because it shows that hair regrowth is a process that requires a lot of patience...I think sometimes we are looking for results too soon but when we jnvest the time and energy, we will see results. Very encouraging!

faithVA

@faithVA

I love these progress pics because it shows that hair regrowth is a process that requires a lot of patience...I think sometimes we are looking for results too soon but when we jnvest the time and energy, we will see results. Very encouraging!

Thank you jprayze. I agree. It does take time and patience. Also some consistency. And fortunately not perfection. I picked something simple that I really would do and have been sticking with it. There have been months though where I didn't fully commit. But it has still worked.

It is definitely worth it.

Remember to take your pictures ladies at least every quarter to 6 months. You won't regret it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will be using something tonight on my problem areas. Not sure what yet?:perplexed

Maybe "Its Perfectly Natural" Root Food.

I started applying Oil over my DC'er before Steaming. I'll stick with that for the Fall/Winter.

Hopefully, that will also help my problem areas.

faithVA Again, I'm so proud of your progress. Thanks for sharing.:yep:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
faithVA Loooove the progress photos!

I'm finally ready to use my new latest sulfur oil mix, so I will oil and massage my scalp tonight.

faithVA

Will be using something tonight on my problem areas. Not sure what yet?:perplexed

Maybe "Its Perfectly Natural" Root Food.

I started applying Oil over my DC'er before Steaming. I'll stick with that for the Fall/Winter.

Hopefully, that will also help my problem areas.

@faithVA Again, I'm so proud of your progress. Thanks for sharing.:yep:

Thank You!

faithVA

My crown complains a lot in dry weather. In a way this is good because it lets me know which areas I need to focus on. With the colder weather the past few weeks have made my scalp feel sensitive. What I have started doing in the mornings and evenings, is putting water on my fingertips and massaging it into my crown to get some relief. Then I put my castor oil blend on my finger tips and massage that in. I am hoping that helps.

It does feel better but it ruins my hair style. :ohwell: I am hoping to see at least 50% improvement in this area by spring.

faithVA

I think I need to keep my coils in for only 5 days. I need some water on my scalp after that, especially in this dry weather.

I spritzed my hair and scalp with water. I oiled my crown with my castor oil blend, put conditioner on my hair and worked out for 45 minutes. My scalp felt so much better. As I was rinsing I made sure to really massage my scalp and get the water to my scalp.

I am considering what else I can do to keep my scalp from being so dry.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I keep forgetting to do the Oil over DC'er thing. I'm trying to incorporate that into my Fall/Winter Regi (if I can remember).:nono:...:blush:

I am still using Liquid Gold's Green Magic on troubled spots.:yep:

msbettyboop

So, here's a 1 side update. The left side.
April 2012

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

November 2012

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

I guess all that work is paying off. The right side is filling in too but I don't feel ok enough to post the results. Maybe it'll look better by December.:(

faithVA

[USER=168786 said:
msbettyboop[/USER];17243885]So, here's a 1 side update.

Great job and great progress. Just keep going. One side does usually respond better than the other side but it will get there.

msbettyboop

Great job and great progress. Just keep going. One side does usually respond better than the other side but it will get there.

Thanks. I will. I've learned to stop looking at it every night.

@msbettyboop

Excellent Progress! Keep up the Good Work!:cup:
Thanks.

@msbettyboop Your progress is remarkable!

Thanks. I'm a bit surprised myself. Between April and Aug, nothing I did made much of an impact then once I added in the rejuvenate potent castor oil and dermarolling 2-3 times a week, I finally started noticing a change. I just ordered my second bottle of the castor oil and I'm going to be massaging like a fiend for the rest of this year especially the right side.