Full & Healthy Crown & Edges Challenge 2012

gvin89

Progress report: I just got braids installed and for the first time in 2 years...she was able to braid my front edges. It's long but thin so she put one braid going back so that it can't twist or pop off. She was amazed at how my edges were filling in since my last braid session nov11-jan12.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Right now rotating:
Liquid Gold's Green Magic
It's Perfectly Natural's Root Food

On my Problem areas.

I want a bottle (or 2) of Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Hopefully, I can pick up some Black Friday on Sale.

jprayze

Still doing what I'm supposed to be doing! :) nothing new! I think I massage longer and use a bit more of the EO mix but that's it.

faithVA

:yay: I finally got around to oiling my scalp. Oiled with my castor oil blend and gave myself a quick massage. Now I'm baggying with 3 caps to generate some heat. Will let this stay on overnight and cowash tomorrow. I think my scalp is appreciating the extra care.

SimJam

was going through some pics on my camera, I had taken this pic to show my puff progress but didnt put it up because my edges looked so horrible
this was is June 2012

This is 3 months later

this is why its good to take pictures. My edges arent perfect but at least they are long enough to brush in and stay put now:grin:

been consistently using my growth aids (liquid gold sulphur oil, country life maxi hair, MT , MTG and hair trigger) I dont use them all at one time.

I make mixes of
MTG/MT
MTG/hair trigger

apply at least 4 times per week
and about every 10 days I do an overnight soak with MTG on my scalp and wash out the next morning

moisturize nape and edges morning and evening

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
SimJam, your edges are beautiful!

Last night, I applied my sulfur mix to my whole head and extra towards my edges. I've been wearing my hair loose this week, and I think I'm seeing even more progress than before. I really wish I could find my camera. :sad:

SimJam

Thanks ladies :yay:

and best wishes for growth from my edges to yours (if you watch Paula deans cooking show u get da reference lol)

faithVA

I oiled my scalp and massaged it in. I put diluted conditioner on my hair. Then baggied and worked out for 45 minutes. I could really smell the EOs in my oil blend with all the heat generated. So I think that was a good scalp treatment and will try to do that in upcoming weeks.

I usually apply the oil before I DC but I think this works just as well. I ran out of oil so I mixed up a new batch of oil this morning. That should last me several more months.

faithVA

I've been slacking while having my coils in. I wil make sure I take care of my scalp before I DC this weekend.

msbettyboop

Still massaging like a fiend and the right side still looks empty. I'm about to get dang tennis elbow here for pete's sake!!!

faithVA

^^ Yes. If I forget to put it up during the holidays, please remind me. Hopefully I will have it straight.

jprayze

My bald spot is still struggling. I think it needs a lot more time. I do see some very fine hairs coming in.

September

image-2681000842.jpg

12/18

image-465280017.jpg

lollikd

has anyone done anything with cinnamon for stimulation?

Cinnamon Paste For Shedding & Balding
Cinnamon essential oil is great for hair shedding and scalp stimulation as well. And since essential oils have a very low risk of side effects and are quite inexpensive, adding any of these to your current products may help you get past plateaus. A paste treatment is most commonly used for shedding, hair loss and treating baldness.

Ingredients:
-1-2 ounces of honey
-1 tsp cinnamon
-2 tsp of olive oil

To create the paste, mix one tsp. of cinnamon and one tbsp. of honey in warm olive oil. Let the paste sit on the scalp for five to 15 minutes before rinsing it out.

Recipe courtesy of ehow

faithVA

^^I have not done anything with cinnamon. There was a thread last week on using ginger. I was thinking of trying a paste of ginger or rinsing with ginger tea, since it sounded simpler.

I am doing so many things with my scalp right now though, I have to pace myself.

lollikd

:lol:
I know what you mean! All this info can be overwhelming!! Guess I'll give it a try after this onion garlic juices thing. Cinnamon and ginger smell a whole heck of a lot better though!

faithVA

:lol:
I know what you mean! All this info can be overwhelming!! Guess I'll give it a try after this onion garlic juices thing. Cinnamon and ginger smell a whole heck of a lot better though!

Yeah I skipped the onion, garlic stuff :nono: I figured I would rather tough it out with using EOs :lol:

hmm, maybe I will play around with a bottle of oil and add fresh ginger to the bottle. Or maybe not :lol: I think I will experiment more in the spring. :yep:

lollikd

What are EOs?

I will play around with a bottle of oil and add fresh ginger to the bottle.
Tell us how it goes!!!

I'm hoping by Spring my staples will have surfaced but looks like sulfur and this jamaican castor oil (possibly even ginger!) are worth looking into. lol