Full Review of Several ION products

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Okay, IMO--this is some really really good stuff. First, let me say that all of the products that I tried have a very nice refreshing fragrance.

1st--I washed with Elasta QP Bodifying Shampoo. I didn't purchase the ION shampoo because I'm not "big" on shampoos.

Next--I put in the ION Moisturizing Treatment (that I talked about on the other thread). Once all my hair was covered in conditioner, I went back and put the ION hot oil over the conditioner, on the ends only.

Then--I went under the dryer with plastic cap for 7 minutes. The directions say to just leave it in for 2 minutes, then rinse--but I had to be SPECIAL of course.

Next--I left the dryer, and took the cap off and sat for about 5 minutes to let the hair cool so that my cuticle could re-close. I DO NOT like cold water rinses in the shower

Then--I rinsed the conditioner out. The hair felt very soft and moisturized upon rinsing.

Next--I added an extra step that I probably will not do regularly. I put the rest of the hot oil in my hair and left it for 3 minutes. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt very good and silky. I think that hot oils that are made specifically for hair are better than using natural oils for hot oil treatments because the ones made for hair will penetrate the hair also.

Next--Out of the shower, squeezed the hair alittle to get some water out. I applied ION finishing detangler. ***super-delicious smell*** It did exactly what it said it would do. It was heaven's detangler. I combed through with great ease. It is like a creamy leave-in and can in fact be used as such. But noooooooooo, that wasn't enough for the PJ in me. Next, I sprayed in the ION Leave-In Conditioner, which again smells awesome. It's spritzes out very lightly, but one spritz covers a large area--if that makes sense.

I rate products by whether or not I would re-purchase them and I would definitely re-purchase these. Like I said in my earlier post, I'm going to start using the Moisturizing Treatment as my regular moisturizing conditioner. I liked these products so much--heck I may even go and get me an ION shampoo.

Allandra

Hey Supergirl,

Thanks for the reviews. I used Ion products (back in the day). I'm glad you like them.

Dionne

Why do they have to sound soooooo good. I was hopeing you would say that the rest of the line was horrible so I wouldn't have to go back to Sallys. I have to moisturizing conditioner now but I haven't used it yet. Well I guess I am off to the store again.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Dionne,

I'm so sorry girl--but I know that you won't be once you try the rest of the products. Please let us know!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Has anyone ever tried the ION hard water shampoo and conditioner? I will definitely need something like this when I'm in FL visiting relatives. The might be insulted if I show up with my own shower filter.

I saw it when I was in Sally's today getting my $1.99 Natural 7 Oil.
I also ended up getting sweetcocoa's little shower comb and a sample packet of Revlon Porosity Control conditioner.

Camille

Hey Supergirl! If you ever use the ION reconstuctor let me know. I have a sample here and for some reason I am afriad to use it!

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Camille said:
Hey Supergirl! If you ever use the ION reconstuctor let me know. I have a sample here and for some reason I am afriad to use it!

[/ QUOTE ]
I've used it, and it worked well. It also has a nice fragrance. Why are you afraid to use it? Have you had bad experiences with reconstructors?

Kaela

Supergirl, I made a special sally's trip to pick up some of that ION moisturizing conditioner. I'm actually excited about using it, the fragrance is great, and your review was very informative and convincing! I tried Mizani moisturefuse, but I think I had the fake one (this was before I even knew there was fake versus nonfake
) and it was ok, but I need a good moisturizing conditioner anyway!

I was just thinking today about what you said above about hot oil treatments being more effective than using natural oils. I used to have great results w/ VO5 but I stopped using it because of the cost. I have found that natural hot oils treat my scalp better, but the synthetic oils soften my ends better.

Camille

You know Allandra, I just picked it up on an impulse and didn't really think about it. Then when I looked on the back it had sorts of alcohols in it and I wasn't sure if they were the bad ones so I was just wary. I was never really sure what target market ION was aimed at so, as usual, I have to check with the girls, to see if any one had any info!

Armyqt- Isn't she darling? What every parent wants their kid to be doing.

azul11

Armyqt- Isn't she darling? What every parent wants their kid to be doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm is she moving? please say yes because i know i am not going crazy seeing lisa simpson move.
God bless you all.

Camille

hmmm... I dunno what you're talking about girl...

Ok I'm playin,yep Lisa's sitting there reading her books as usual, turning the pages...

azul11

Camille said:
hmmm... I dunno what you're talking about girl...

Ok I'm playin,yep Lisa's sitting there reading her books as usual, turning the pages...

[/ QUOTE ]

omg
i was about to check myself into the mental institute. i swear when i saw your other post she wasnt moving and then all of sudden she was turning the page. i was like
am i losing it?? phew thank goodness.
God bless you all.

CynamonKis

Supergirl I'm glad you started this thread. I surprised myself when I looked in my cabinet &amp; noticed that I have been using SEVERAL ION Anti-Frizz products:

- ION Moisturizing treatment -- LOVE this stuff it is great after an intense protein treatment like Aphogee or DRC-28
- ION Liquid Mousse - Haven't tried it yet/I got it to use w/the Carusso curlers to cut down on frizz but haven't used the Caruso curlers in a while
--ION Smoothing shampoo - I love this &amp; use it when I DO NOT want a moisturizing shampoo
--ION Clarifying shampoo - this is mild, when compared to other clarifying shampoos
--ION Straightener - I like this when doing a wrap but not as much as I like KMS Relaxing Balm
--ION Leave in conditioner -- I don't think this detangles as well as my Motions Leave-in/olive oil/Infusium combo
--ION Texturizing hair wax, this stuff is good for marcell iron curlers
--ION Oil Free glosser - nice, makes my hair shinier

daviine

Supergirl, thanks so much for your review. You know what product I like from ION--Hot n Moist Conditioning Treatment...something like that. It comes in a small tube like a sample size but they dont have a regular sized bottle.

inthepink

Supergirl,

Now I know who to go to when I need a product review! Sounds like you've tried everything!!!

Anyhow, thanks for the info. I'm planning on purchasing the ION leave-in as an once a week alternate to my Biolage to save a little dough! Glad to hear you liked it!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Yeah Hairlove,

I can tell ya about alot of products. But of course the ION doesn't compare with my beloved Biolage or Kenra products.

And actually, before you spend your $$$ on the ION Leave-In. Again, it smells super-wonderful, but after several uses--I can honestly say that it ain't all that and I wouldn't purchase it again. It's not very expensive so by all means try it if you're like me (and must satisfy your curiousity). But I've noticed that you and I like similar things and our hair seems to love the same products

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
The Motions Leave-In is pretty good, but I actually like the Biotera much better than the Motions. Elasta QP H-Two is also a sensibly priced leave-in. Oh and the Pantene wrap/set lotion is
Even if you're not wrapping or setting your hair, it's the same as their regular light spray detangler conditioner, but it has the jojoba and coconut oils b/c it's the one for aa hair.

inthepink

Thanks, Supergirl, I will probably purchase the Motions leave-in from Sally's tomorrow. Have you ever tried Suave's Leave-In?

inthepink

Me neither! I saw it at the top of the shelf at Target. They are having a 4 for 5 dollar sale on everything Suave! I'm trying out the Suave Biobasics conditioner which is supposed to be like Biolage Conditioning Balm...

(ok, I'm off topic...sorry!)