Funniest Bible Verses Ever...

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
What are some humorous bible verses you've read that have left you chuckling? I came across this one about last year:

Sirach 31:

Behavior at Dinner Parties
12 When you sit down at a fancy banquet, don't let your mouth hang open, and don't say,
Look at all that food! 13 It is impolite to have a greedy eye; remember that. Nothing in creation is greedier than the eye; that is why it sheds tears so often.c]">[c] 14 Don't reach out for everything you see, and don't elbow people out of the way to get at the food. 15 Be considerate of the other people at the table and treat them the way you want to be treated. 16 When you get your food, eat it like a human being. Don't smack and slurp; nobody can stand that. 17 It's good manners to be the first to stop eating; stuffing yourself is offensive. 18 If there are many people present, don't try to be the first to be served. 19 A little bit is plenty for anyone with good manners. Besides, you won't be short of breath when you go to bed. 20 People who eat too much get stomach aches and cannot sleep. If you don't overeat, you can get a good night's sleep and wake up early the next morning feeling fine. 21 But if you do get a stomach ache from eating too much, go off and vomitd]">[d] and you will feel better. 22 My child, if you listen to what I am saying and put it into practice, one of these days you will thank me for it. Be moderatee]">[e] in everything you do, and you will never get sick.
:giggle:

Praise the L-rd, some people I know need to hear that haha. Post yours. Let this be a fun thread. G-d has instruction about everything and cares about the smallest things in our lives.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Catholic bible, though. Apocrypha. I never paid much attention to those until I read it in the liturgy one day. I almost laughed out loud at mass.

Prudent1

Exo 32:22-24
22 “Do not be angry, my lord,” Aaron answered. “You know how prone these people are to evil. 23 They said to me, ‘Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don’t know what has happened to him.’ 24 So I told them, ‘Whoever has any gold jewelry, take it off.’ Then they gave me the gold, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf!"

@kanozas,
There are several passages that I find funny but this one is one of my favorite... Really Aaron, no skills required, you just threw some gold into the fire and a perfectly formed statue just popped out? Boy bye... :lol:. Then the finger pointing in the verse 22, you know how these people are. Translation- Maan ain' even wanna do it. But Ray-ray and 'nem started talking. So I had no choice in the matter :rolleyes:.

Begoody

I don't know why but I find Peter and Christ's interactions and conversations really funny in some parts ( and extremely moving in others). I actually imagine Our Lord's and Peter's expresssions.

John 21 :15-22
Jesus asks Peter 3 times if he loves Him, but by the third time you can tell Peter is a bit fed up! By verse 22 it's Christ's turn to be exasperated, He has put Peter in charge and yet Peter is asking if He is sure? what about John ( the beloved) ? Jesus pretty much tells him to mind his own business. " what concern is it of yours"?

John 13: 8-9
Peter refusing for Jesus to wash his feet, then after Jesus tells him why, he asks for his head, hands and feet to be washed as well! He is so OTT!

Matthew 14: 27-31
Peter ask Jesus to bid him to come join him walking on water. As usual, Peter is all excited at first but then he loses his nerve and starts to drown , shouting "Lord save me!!", I just imagine Christ shaking his head in amusement when he chides him for his " little faith".

There are many more examples.The most extraordinary thing is that DESPITE all his failings throughout (and poor Peter is aware of just how pathetic he can be. When our Lord first meets him, he openly admits " depart from me Lord for I am a sinful man") yet Jesus still chooses Peter as the Rock upon which he would build his church. I find that amazing. The bible is unambiguous in the primacy of Peter amongst the apostles. His name ( in all its variations Cephas, Simon, etc)is mentioned 195 times in the bible. St John is the second most mentioned at only 29 times!! As fond as I am of him,I don't know if Peter would have been my first choice as leader. He is always bungling, even denying Christ, and yet Jesus exhorted him to " look after my sheep". I find such hope in that. Speaks so much of Christ's unfathomable mercy and kindness. If He could use Peter, He can use anyone!

Belle Du Jour

^ haha love those examples. Yes when Jesus asks him 3 times if he loves Him, I always found Peter's reaction funny. He's like, "Lord, yes!" I remember going through a period where I kept hearing the Lord ask me "do you trust Me?" By the like 5th or 10th time, I was like "yes Lord! Sheesh!" :lol: I love Him. He is so patient with us.

Kalani

I
John 13: 8-9
Peter refusing for Jesus to wash his feet, then after Jesus tells him why, he asks for his head, hands and feet to be washed as well! He is so OTT!

His refusal is what is funny to me...

6 Then He came to Simon Peter. And Peter said to Him, “Lord, are You washing my feet?”7 Jesus answered and said to him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will know after this.” 8 Peter said to Him, “You shall never wash my feet!”

Jesus even explained to him that there was a purpose to all of it and Peter was still like, nope, not gonna happen! :lol:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Proverbs 12:1
"Whomever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid".
Idk why this made me chuckle so hard.