Fuzzy Hair

CityGirlLuv

One side of my hair is fuzzier than the other. Of course I am to blame for my poor hair maintenance as back when I was in highschool I use to flat iron and blow dry like crazy. I have had low self-esteem for years b/c of my hair, but just yesterday I cut off the dead ends.

Another problem I face is not just the fuzzy hair but also that it's uneven. I do Cassia treatments, deep condition, airdry my hair, etc. but I'm just wondering what should I do as I'm at a loss. At this point right now, I'm still wanting healthier hair before I can think of having long hair.

For the most part my hair looks okay as there's no fried ends to worry about, it's just that one sided fuzz i have going on plus the uneven layers i have.

lana

Consider wearing your hair in a protective style that hides the uneven layers until you're ready to cut it even or wear it differently. I wore my hair in spirals until my uneven nape caught up with my healthy top layers. I'm still about 1.5 inches away from truly even hair, but in the meantime know one knew except me. I also wore a bun until it all evened out to where I was happy wearing it down.

classychic1908

Have you tried to smooth the frizzy areas with some gel? One side of my hair is a bit frizzier than the other. I just gel it and tie it down with a scarf, until set when bunning.

CityGirlLuv

Have you tried to smooth the frizzy areas with some gel? One side of my hair is a bit frizzier than the other. I just gel it and tie it down with a scarf, until set when bunning.

No I haven't, but I will try that. I tried to use JBCO and it's done an okay job, but I'll look into some gels and try that. If I may ask, what gel do you use?

classychic1908

No I haven't, but I will try that. I tried to use JBCO and it's done an okay job, but I'll look into some gels and try that. If I may ask, what gel do you use?

My hands down favorite is kinky curly curling custard, but what works for my budget right now, is ecostyler krystal clear (it's still a great product, I just prefer natural ingredients).

CityGirlLuv

I prefer natural ingredients myself! I don't blame just heat for my hair, but I use to use the entire garnier fructis line and it just made my hair look like total crap. Herbal Essence would make my scalp itch and yeah...sucks. I'm starting to turn more into an Ayurvedic type of care with not just my hair but my overall lifestyle.