FYI... Some hair tips I received today....

santia

At work today I was talking about hair with a co-worker, another one jumps into the conversation to add her 2 cents in, below are her tips for strong healthy hair:

Wash hair every 2 weeks with any kind of shampoo

Use her homemade concocted deep conditioner: vaseline, cayenne pepper, Doo Gro and mayonaise with 1 egg

After washing and conditioning slap on some lusters pink "No No" moisturizer with a little brown gel

Wet wrap, put on a scarf and your good to go in the morning....

I looked at her and said "Are you $#@!^%& crazy!!!!" What the hell is wrong with you? :mad:
She looked at me and said "Girl you could just pay me the money you pay to the dominicans and I could hook you up"

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My last response was thanks but no thanks!!!!

Tee

santia said:
At work today I was talking about hair with a co-worker, another one jumps into the conversation to add her 2 cents in, below are her tips for strong healthy hair:

Use her homemade concocted deep conditioner: vaseline, cayenne pepper, Doo Gro and mayonaise with 1 egg

After washing and conditioning slap on some lusters pink "No No" moisturizer with a little brown gel

I looked at her and said "Are you $#@!^%& crazy!!!!" What the hell is wrong with you? :mad:
She looked at me and said "Girl you could just pay me the money you pay to the dominicans and I could hook you up"

Good response. That just makes me laugh. I have a co-worker who believes in washing the hair every 2 weeks also. I just said....hmmmm, well washing more often just works for me. WOW. smh

tuffCOOKiE

No, really. I wanna know what her hair looks like...

I know some people who have beautifuk hair that don't wash as often as I do, to each her own but she is making some ... life-ending decisions!!!!

kbody4

santia said:

Santia, I hope her hair is beautiful, other than that all I can do is :lachen: :lachen:

sareca

Ya know, at least she's thinking outside the box. Way outside the box... cayenne and egg? ewww. But who am I to talk? I put MN on my scalp.:ohwell:

santia

She looks between shoulder & apl, but the quality of her hair is shot. For moisture she would need a week straight of her head in some water with s-curl. Homegirls hair is desert dry. Her hair is always left on something i.e. the desk, keyboard, you know when she was in the bathroom, the little hairs in the sink are singing b/c they're touching some water :lol:

Not to forget, she relaxes faithfully every 4 weeks and dyes exactly 2 weeks after.

alexstin

santia said:
She looks between shoulder & apl, but the quality of her hair is shot. For moisture she would need a week straight of her head in some water with s-curl. Homegirls hair is desert dry. Her hair is always left on something i.e. the desk, keyboard, you know when she was in the bathroom, the little hairs in the sink are singing b/c they're touching some water :lol:

Not to forget, she relaxes faithfully every 4 weeks and dyes exactly 2 weeks after.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Sistaslick

santia said:

you WRONG :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Were they harmonizing? :lol: :lachen: :lachen:

santia said:

ROFLMBAO!!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
She Needs LHCF:D

caribeandiva

Human being
santia said:
For moisture she would need a week straight of her head in some water with s-curl. Homegirls hair is desert dry. Her hair is always left on something i.e. the desk, keyboard, you know when she was in the bathroom, the little hairs in the sink are singing b/c they're touching some water :lol:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: gurl you got me laughing so hard i almost fell off my computer chair!! like En vogue!!!

asubeauty

santia said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lachen: :rofl: :lachen: :lol: :lachen: :rofl: :lachen:

Harmonizing like En Vogue... I've had my little giggle for today... :lol:

Kimberly

We're laughing but if Santia had come back and said the girl had waistlength hair that was healthy...somebody up in here would be trying to mix some cayenne pepper, eggs, mayonnaise, doo gro and whatever else to see if it worked for them. I'm just being honest. Shoot, I still haven't gotten my cayenne pepper for my cayenne-olive oil mix that I was supposed to be trying.

AnjelLuvs

hey hey hey ladies... I only wash hair about every two weeks, if I remember last time I washed...may go a lil longer if professionally done... LOL... I guess I started to slack after reaching goals, and my hair is still growing...

bgsix

Some of her tips were not off the mark. For example, our feature of the month, Anky uses mayo on her hair. If I am not mistaken she also uses egg.

As far as washing check out Kitchentican, Angelluvsbabe, Lonei & Sylver2 ( the ones I can think of right now) are members who wash about every 2 weeks and they have BSL length.

To each it's own.

DelightfulFlame

Kimberly said:
We're laughing but if Santia had come back and said the girl had waistlength hair that was healthy...somebody up in here would be trying to mix some cayenne pepper, eggs, mayonnaise, doo gro and whatever else to see if it worked for them. I'm just being honest. Shoot, I still haven't gotten my cayenne pepper for my cayenne-olive oil mix that I was supposed to be trying.

LOL...yep. I darn near use most of that stuff already...cept the grease.

santia

To each his own is exactly right!!!! And yes, some of us do use some of those techniques, I know alot of girls here use Mayo, eggs & cayenne & washes every 2 weeks. But I don't hear of anyone slathering vaseline, pink oil and brown gel all over their tresses either.

She has come to the BSS with me on lunch breaks and looks at me like I'm crazy when she sees me reading labels etc etc....

It's weird, on Friday she came to work with her hair still in a wrap. It looked like a helmet. She started to comb it out. Hair and flakes were all over the floor. The end result was a dry ashen mess. I would like to say something but it's not my call. I did however refer her to LHCF and her response was my hair is good. I don't take my hair as serious as you do. :perplexed

"Listen to MY hair advice" So how do you form these words to roll of your tongue?????

Ms_Twana

Wow, that's interesting even for me as a newbie. Some of that stuff, I've heard of. But BROWN GEL, come on. I haven't used or seen that stuff since the "fingerwaves."