Garlic Shampoo and Conditioner

ClassyEbonyGirl got me to using the Garlic shampoo for shedding I was having earlier this year...I'm still saying thank you! I've not tried the conditioner but about every other wash, I use the garlic shampoo just to keep the shedding in check. It stalled the shedding in it's tracks. My mom uses it in her regimen as well.

I'm very pleased. I'm using the Hair-Vite Garlic Shampoo. Some ladies use the Nutrine brand but I'm tired of paying for shipping so I found this at my local BSS.

VWVixxen said:
ClassyEbonyGirl got me to using the Garlic shampoo for shedding I was having earlier this year...I'm still saying thank you! I've not tried the conditioner but about every other wash, I use the garlic shampoo just to keep the shedding in check. It stalled the shedding in it's tracks. My mom uses it in her regimen as well.

I'm very pleased. I'm using the Hair-Vite Garlic Shampoo. Some ladies use the Nutrine brand but I'm tired of paying for shipping so I found this at my local BSS.

Thanks... now about my tummy!!

I use Alter-Ego Garlic conditioner for shedding - it helps a whole bunch and it gives my hair a nice shine. I'm thinking of adding the shampoo to my program as well.

I've been using the Nutrine garlic shampoo and Alter Ego Garlic conditioner lately because I've been shedding. I must warn you the Nutrine shampoo will leave your hair very hard and difficult to comb. What I do to eliminate this is part my hair in sections and wash in braids. I coat each braid with cheap conditioner, except near the scalp, then I apply shampoo only to the scalp area. This way my hair remains tangle free.

Garlic shampoo and conditioner have been a lifesaver for my hair. It completely turned my hair around, especially by using the Nutrine garlic shampoo. It made my hair very strong, thick and stopped any breakage or shedding that I was experiencing. It's not moisturizing at all so you will have to follow up with a moisturizing shampoo. But I am so glad I decided to give it a try. It's always going to be a part of my regime. Lani thanks for the shoutout!!:grin:

You know with all the new things I keep wanting to try I forgot about the garlic shampoo! But when I did use this when shedding it really did work and stopped any hairloss. It is VERY drying though. I just don't know if my regimen could handle anything else added to it!!!

Garlic shampoo cured my shedding very fast. I did one wash with the garlic shampoo and then used my regular shampoo, and it worked fine. It's not too expensive, so I definitely think you get your money's worth because you don't have to use it that often at all. In 6 months, I think I've had to use it twice.

I sell some garlic shampoo and I don't know why people keep buying it because it smells gross. I've only used it one time but one of the ladies at a salon says it really does reduce shedding.

That mess stinks, I just couldn't deal with it. I have heard that some brands have uncented versions. Maybe I'll try that.

I use the Nutrine Garlic shampoo and conditioner for the first time 2 days ago.
The shampoo did not make my hair dry or hard left on for 5min. but I did follow with a moisturizing poo.
The conditioner was okay and left my hair feeling strong.

Currently using Nutrine Garlic Shampoo & Henna Queen Garlic Conditioner. Definitely helps with shedding. Both the conditioner & shampoo are scented, so it doesn't make for the best washing/conditioning experience, but after I rinse my hair the smell fades. I have tried Queen Helene's & Nutrine unscented garlic shampoo & conditioner, but didn't like them quite as well.

miracle said:
I have tried Queen Helene's & Nutrine unscented garlic shampoo & conditioner, but didn't like them quite as well.

I have the Queen Helene's shampoo, didn't do a thing.

I use the nutrine odorless garlic shampoo when I'm undergoing seasonal shedding, I just leave it on for 5 mins & I'm good to go :up:

I use Nutrine Garlic Shampoo, they have one that does not smell bad and I love it. It does dry my hair out, BUT it really reduces shedding.

I use the queen helene garlic shampoo it is odorless.It leaves the hair with a nice healthy shine. I do use a moisturizing cond after.

jrae said:
Anyone try the Nutrine Garlic Hot Oil Treatment?

I bought the Nutrine Garlic Hot Oil Treatment, but haven't used it because it contains SD Alcohol 40. :( Everything w/SD Alcohol dries my hair out terribly & I'm too afraid to take the chance of it turning my hair into a hard, tangly mess.

I'm going to have to try this because I'm having seasonal shedding and it's driving me crazy! I'm releived that it's not breakage but seeing your hair shed like crazy can be discouraging too, I hope I have some luck with the nutrene shampoo.

anky said:
I sell some garlic shampoo and I don't know why people keep buying it because it smells gross. I've only used it one time but one of the ladies at a salon says it really does reduce shedding.

That mess stinks, I just couldn't deal with it. I have heard that some brands have uncented versions. Maybe I'll try that.

It can't be worse than MTG.:lachen: :lachen:

JUST WONDERING:
garlic shampoo is just for shedding and breaking hair or can it be used to strengthen hair as well?

miracle said:
I bought the Nutrine Garlic Hot Oil Treatment, but haven't used it because it contains SD Alcohol 40. :( Everything w/SD Alcohol dries my hair out terribly & I'm too afraid to take the chance of it turning my hair into a hard, tangly mess.
Thanks, Miracle.

That's strange to have SD Alcohol in a hot oil treatment. I think I'll pass, too.

FineChyna, I don't think so. I believe it naturally srengthens the immune system when taken internally... that's all i know.

Back