Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel

curlycrown85

I've been stuck on KCCC for my wash n go's (shingling) since it is the only gel I can find that has understandable ingredients. But it takes forever to dry, it's sticky, and expensive.

I planned to revisit Eco-Styler, but came across Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, today, which claims to be 98% naturally derived. I read the ingredients and was impressed. My hair is drying from shingling 20 minutes ago, so I'll update you on the results, but has anyone else tried this gel?

Ingredients: Water, Sorbitol, Glycerin Dehydroxanthan Gum, Benzyl alcohol, Lithium, Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Fragrance, Limonene, Citronellol, Linalool, Acacia Senegal

curlycrown85

Re: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel RESULTS!

I'm so in love with this Garnier Fructis Pure Clean gel! I'm done with Eco-Styler! Second day hair was the best! No flakes at all! KCCC's ingredients attracted me, but it's so sticky and a bit expensive. Garnier Fructis Pure Clean gel is 98% naturally derived, only $7, and found at CVS Pharmacy.

faithVA

Girl don't make me go out and buy anything :lol:

Thanks for the review. I was looking at the gels last night and most of them contain PVP which is a product that gives it hold but also blocks moisture. I'm thinking I probably don't want that for my hair most times.

curlycrown85

Yeah, gels can be the worst, but give the best curl definition. I'm big on moisture like you, so I only keep gel in my hair 2 days max, wash the product out, steam my hair with deep conditioner, and wear some kind of style that allows me to slather my hair with Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Masque, which does wonders for my hair! I also drown my hair with olive oil right before applying the gel.

suns4i6e

Girl don't make me go out and buy anything :lol:

Thanks for the review. I was looking at the gels last night and most of them contain PVP which is a product that gives it hold but also blocks moisture. I'm thinking I probably don't want that for my hair most times.

faithVA, PVP is also on my no-no list of ingredients. Garnier Fructis Pure Clean gel doesn't contain it and is really very nice gel. It is one of the few drugstore gels my hair tolerates well. It dries clean and non sticky. I think I'll always be a die hard KCCC user, but this gel is also in rotation.

curlycrown85

faithVA, PVP is also on my no-no list of ingredients. Garnier Fructis Pure Clean gel doesn't contain it and is really very nice gel. It is one of the few drugstore gels my hair tolerates well. It dries clean and non sticky. I think I'll always be a die hard KCCC user, but this gel is also in rotation.

I'm a die-hard KCCC user like you! And just couldn't believe Garnier Fructis Pure Clean gel was 98% naturally derived and only $7.

faithVA

@faithVA, PVP is also on my no-no list of ingredients. Garnier Fructis Pure Clean gel doesn't contain it and is really very nice gel. It is one of the few drugstore gels my hair tolerates well. It dries clean and non sticky. I think I'll always be a die hard KCCC user, but this gel is also in rotation.

Thanks suns4i6e,

I hadn't heard anything about it but when I looked at it yesterday I had a gut feeling that it wasn't something I wanted to put on my hair. And when I read its purpose, it made me think about looking for other things.

Fortunately I only have small jars of the gel. I am learning to only buy small sizes until I know if I like it.:yep:

faithVA

I'm a die-hard KCCC user like you! And just couldn't believe Garnier Fructis Pure Clean gel was 98% naturally derived and only $7.

The CVS in my area has these 2 for $5. So if you want to stock up check your local paper and see if they are having a sale.

My CVS only had 1, so I got it for $2.50. I like that price. :yep: