Garnier Whole Blends Products... Slept On?

waff

I know these products have been around for a while, but I was never tempted to try them until lately when I purchased the DC because of this review:

And I loved it as well! This DC was amazing, and gave my hair so much slip and moisture. I got it for 5$ in Walmart.com, that's the cheapest DC that actually worked for me, I stocked 4 in my stash #pjlife lol. which got me to think, what about the rest of their products such as conditioners and shampoos?

So I purchased two more products: whole blends honey treasures shampoo and conditioner. Let me tell you, the slip on this conditioner is better than my HG aussie moist, it was crazy for me to experience! it dentangled my matted hair with so much ease. The shampoo was okay, but the conditioner is my new love! and the price in Walmart.com is the best, even Dollar General carries these products for a great price. Is there other products from these lines that I have been sleeping on all this time?

waff

I LOVED the coconut oil shampoo and con from this line. It smelled good and made my hair SO SOFT!!!!! My hair was also really shiny after I rinsed out the con. The slip was amazing!!!!! It's a really great line + its really cheap. Def better than aussie moist. No comparison imo.
Ohhh I have to try these as well! I did not love the honey treasures shampoo, so I will try the coconut oil shampoo to see if it's more moisturizing. The price is what draw me in, I do not like spending too much money on shampoos and detangling conditioners since I use a lot. I think Aussie is out of the door right now, the slip of this conditioner was mind blowing :happydance:

blazingbeauty

The slip in their Honey Blend Conditioner is what allowed me to start using a comb again comfortably. It’s a staple for sure . I’ve used it every wash day for the past 3-4 months both for finger detangling and comb detangling.

I’m looking for a back up detangler just in case Garnier change the ingredients.

Shadow_Lace

I need to try out more of the other products from this brand.

I love the Garnier Whole Blends Olive Oil conditioner. I hardly see this one in stores. Another good one is the Moroccan Argan & Camellia Oil conditioner, and oil serum.

I want to try the Green Apple & Green Tea, and the new Ginger line.

waff

I’m in the store now and don’t see the Avocado and Shea. The other ones say repairing or replenishing which stands out as protein so I stay clear. I can’t really look like I want because I have the little one.

I shall be back
I could not find it in my local Walmart/Target too. I found the honey treasures and coconut ones in store, and I had to order the avocado one online from Walmart's website, I think other online retailers carry it if that's an option. I do not think the honey treasures DC has any protein actually (if that's the one you saw in store), this is the ingredient list:

1067796 Ps6 Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax, Cetyl Esters, Glycerin, Mel/Honey, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Royal Jelly, Trideceth-6, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Alcohol, Propolis Extract, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Ci 15985/Yellow 6, Ci 19140/Yellow 5, Fragrance, Coumarin, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate.

It seems to cater more for moisture and repairing the moisture barrier in the hair shaft. a lot of DCs put the word "Repairing" when they do not contain any protein.

VictoriousBrownFlower

BTW ladies... if anyones worried about cones this isn't the line for you. but its amazing if that doesnt bother u but you'll need a sulfate shampoo sometimes. I always use sulfates so it didn't affect my hair negatively. It just got better and better the more i used it. I only used it for a quick sulfate free wash and condition though not my main products.

waff

I used the conditioner yesterday, detangling was a breeze (relative to other wash days)! mind you my hair was very knotted because I skipped my mid-week wash. I was able to rake my hands through without even using the tangle teezer yet, that NEVER happens with my hair. It also left my hair so pliable and manageable when I rinsed it out. I can safely say this will replace Aussie moist in my regimen as a detangling conditioner. I will repurchase two more to keep in my stash. I like the large container with the pump, it's very handy in the shower.
Also tried the shampoo again yesterday, and it is nothing special. It left my hair slightly dry.

Last edited:

CurlyWhoCrux

I use the one in the sage green bottle, Olive Oil and Something (i'm so bad with product names!!). And it seems fine to me. It's cheap, accessible, and for the most part a little goes along way as long as my hair has enough water in/on it. It's my go to shampoo/conditioner these days actually (since probably fall of last year?).

This particular pairing has no silicones (I know the other ones do have a -cone).