Gaza Under Attack

Kanky

I personally could see the US calling BLM a "Terrorist Organization" (like they tried to do in the previous administration) and randomly start killing Black Folks in this same manner, just because the government has labeled it a terrorist organization and systematically start exterminating people and killing us with impunity.

You say certain things enough times people start to believe it. Words Matter.

Admittedly, I don't know much about Hamas, the PLO or any other Palestinian organizations (except how the "West" has reported it and want us to believe it). But I want to see the Palestinian People "FREE"

I do not support the actions of Israel and I am vehemently against any/all Apartheid systems which I feel the people in Gaza are being subjected to with restricted mobility and no freedom to leave, work or enjoy life.

And I do not support my tax dollars or the Billions of dollars being sent to Israel to buy weaponry without any oversight or accountability.

It just sounds too much like something that could have very well happened to us in this country and we're not too far from it as our Civil rights being rolled back and being killed by the police.

I don't believe the people currently occupying Israel are the "True Jews". I believe they are the Kazar's. I do believe how the Balfour Agreement established the 1948 "State of Israel." Israel wants to occupy the entirety of the land through the tactics they are fully implementing including establishing settlements on already occupied land.
:lachen: @ this. The US has already labeled black people fighting for freedom terrorists and bombed them. We dealt with it, and I don’t recall any Palestinians helping us out. People really need to stop comparing every struggle to Black people’s situation in America. It is not the same.

I also give a strong side eye to anyone who wants to bring the Palestinians here. We have enough racists.

Last edited:

dicapr

:lachen: @ this. The US has already labeled black people fighting for freedom terrorists and bombed them. We dealt with it, and I don’t recall any Palestinians helping us out. People really need to stop comparing every struggle to Black people’s situation in America. It is not the same.

I also give a strong side eye to anyone who wants to bring the Palestinians here. We have enough racists.
The whole they didn’t do anything for us argument doesn’t fit here. The Palestinians can’t keep their homes due to gentrification. They sure aren’t going to be checking for US politics.

Kanky

The whole they didn’t do anything for us argument doesn’t fit here. The Palestinians can’t keep their homes due to gentrification. They sure aren’t going to be checking for US politics.
The point was that no one will be coming to our rescue should that happen again. Knowing that it makes zero sense to fight or make enemies on their behalf.

dicapr

The point was that no one will be coming to our rescue should that happen again. Knowing that it makes zero sense to fight or make enemies on their behalf.
I know what you mean but the argument in general never made sense for me. It’s like one homeless person faulting another homeless person for not doing more to help them get off the streets. I agree that the US needs a hands off approach-including not supplying weapons to either side.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Well, I pray Public Opinion changes like it did with Apartheid in South Africa and end the Cruel, inhumane treatment of the Palestinian people, who the "West" also labeled as "terrorist" and "terrorist organizations" when they were simply fighting for their freedom to exist, live and to be treated like human beings.

Public Opinion must force the change as it did in SA.

I'm all about "Peace" for all. Life is far too short and far too difficult.

Rastafarai

Well, I pray Public Opinion changes like it did with Apartheid in South Africa and end the Cruel, inhumane treatment of the Palestinian people, who the "West" also labeled as "terrorist" and "terrorist organizations" when they were simply fighting for their freedom to exist, live and to be treated like human beings.

Public Opinion must force the change as it did in SA.

I'm all about "Peace" for all. Life is far too short and far too difficult.

Amen, sis. I am also praying for a permanent ceasefire and the end to innocent lives being lost.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I pray that the Palestinians figure out that they have lost all land that is currently not in their possession and elect a government that will negotiate a deal to keep what they have left and terms to move forward. They can be mad from now on but they need to accept the defeat they should have accepted 100 years ago when they had more land to keep.

Here's where things stand. We can talk about right and wrong for the next hundred years and the Palestinians still ain't getting the land back. We can talk about fake Jews til the cows come home and they still ain't getting the land back. The millions of Jews living in Israel are not leaving and nobody in the world can make them leave. How do I know? If someone could make the Jews leave Israel, it would have been done already. Hell, the world can't even make Israel stop dropping bombs until it good and gd feels like it. Short of murdering all the Jews living in Israel, which the Palestinians are completely unable to do, they ain't getting the land back. The logical next step is what every losing side in history has had to do.

Also in response to something posted, if Zionism had caught on a hundred years before it actually did, there would be less Palestinians alive today than Native Americans. The words extermination and genocide stay tossed around like the population of Palestinians has been decimated to nothing. It's millions of those mf'ers running around and their population growth rate has been positive since the 1950's. It is in fact, the experience of the Holocaust that is directly responsible for preventing an actual genocide/extermination from happening to the Palestinians. There is no way to spin 200 causalities out of 2 million Palestinians in Gaza into a genocide/extermination unless you change the meanings of those words. And no, even though I have my own cultural-religious bias, I don't want to see rising numbers of dead Palestinian civilians (not even men) but that's what's going to keep happening until their leadership waves a white flag. That said, Hamas can get the all the "heads on pikes" smoke.

Zuleika

-
Staff member
Hamas sets up operations specifically using civilian families and press as human shields and then use the bodies as a photo op to say "Look what the Jews did!"

:yep::yep:

To those trying to justify the actions of hamas, this is what you’re defending:

But.. but.. but.. "hAmAs iS oNLy tRyiNg tO dEFenD tHEiR pEoPLe aNd tHEir LaNd!"

Rastafarai

There are many resources out there, as I'm also interested in understanding the history behind this conflict. I've just recently ordered a book mentioned upthread that was written by an Israeli professor, Ilan Pappé entitled "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine". I researched his background and his involvement in trying to promote peace in the region. It's telling that even an Israeli Jew is involved in trying to explain the history of his people and their treatment of Palestine and its people.

View attachment 472145

Professor Pappé obtained his BA degree from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem in 1979 and the D. Phil from the University of Oxford in 1984.

He founded and directed the Academic Institute for Peace in Givat Haviva, Israel between 1992 to 2000 and was the Chair of the Emil Tuma Institute for Palestine Studies in Haifa between 2000 and 2006.

Professor Pappé was a senior lecturer in the department of Middle Eastern History and the Department of Political Science in Haifa University, Israel between 1984 and 2006.

He was appointed as chair in the department of History in the Cornwall Campus, 2007-2009 and became a fellow of the IAIS in 2010.

His research focuses on the modern Middle East and in particular the history of Israel and Palestine. He has also written on multiculturalism, Critical Discourse Analysis and on Power and Knowledge in general.

SOURCE

For anyone that remains interested, I've started reading this book and its been an eye opener. There are so many layers to the history of Palestine and formation of Israel and Professor Pappé does it succinctly with factual basis. About halfway through, but I highly recommend it. Please research the 1948 Palestinian exodus that occurred, also known as Nakba. It is the nuclei of what we have witnessed.

ETA: I see this book is now temporarily out of stock on Amazon. Looks like many others are interested in learning more about this conflict. Glad to see it!

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

:yep::yep:

To those trying to justify the actions of hamas, this is what you’re defending:

But.. but.. but.. "hAmAs iS oNLy tRyiNg tO dEFenD tHEiR pEoPLe aNd tHEir LaNd!"

Hamas is trash. They could have had a cease fire several days earlier but naw that woulda been too much like right. They needed more dead kid imagery for fundraising.

KaciaLN12

I think people are equating Hamas with Palestinians and letting that remove any sympathy. They are in the Middle East in an ongoing war zone; we don’t know how accurate those “elections” are. Bullies usually use intimidation tactic and malicious recruitment to ensure compliance from otherwise neutral parties. Anyone with sense would know one party wouldn’t be able to stay in power for decades with true democratic elections. Those people dying probably just want to be left alone, but they are the bone between two dogs. To blame Palestinians living in basically refugee reservations for the actions of Hamas is rather heartless.
I also think this is low-key a way for Netanyu to remain in power and escape prosecution. I’m positive Hamas and the Israeli government have had back door dealings ever since the conflict started.

larry3344

There are Arabic wealthy countries surrounding that region, why are none them taking them in. You got to be careful who you are siding with. These people aren’t all sweet/innocent victims of the Israeli regime anymore than the Israelis in that area. And as always the west is complicit in this conflict evolving the way it has. There are a lot of hands in the pot.

Human empathy on children and human beings dying in general is one thing but don’t let it fool you. Neither side are innocent and I don’t think it’s an issue with sides more like hexagon where there are several convoluted players.

The rich Arab countries of the region are using this as a political tool and care nothing of these people. Have you see how Palestinians are treated as refugees in neighbouring countries jordany, Lebanon, etc...

The “Jewish elite” who have settled in that region have their own ish going on and are some power trip largely because they have strong ties with the US and are emboldened.

I understand the spiritual ties to that piece of desert but at the same time in my book it’s a god forsaken land that will never know peace.

Crackers Phinn

It occurred to me that people don't know that Israel developed technology to create the largest desalinization factory in the world and is the primary source of fresh water in the Middle East. One reason why Arab countries will privately fund Hamas while staying out of the foreground of war on Israel is almost every peace treaty has a "give us water" clause that they ain't trying to mess up. If Palestinians had a shot in hell of reclaiming Israel, they would be occupied immediately by the Arab countries that are funding them and the rest of the ME would negotiate water terms.

Rastafarai

I think people are equating Hamas with Palestinians and letting that remove any sympathy. They are in the Middle East in an ongoing war zone; we don’t know how accurate those “elections” are. Bullies usually use intimidation tactic and malicious recruitment to ensure compliance from otherwise neutral parties. Anyone with sense would know one party wouldn’t be able to stay in power for decades with true democratic elections. Those people dying probably just want to be left alone, but they are the bone between two dogs. To blame Palestinians living in basically refugee reservations for the actions of Hamas is rather heartless.
I also think this is low-key a way for Netanyu to remain in power and escape prosecution. I’m positive Hamas and the Israeli government have had back door dealings ever since the conflict started.
Brilliantly stated, especially the bolded. This is how genocide and exterminations become normalized and even endorsed.

larry3344

It occurred to me that people don't know that Israel developed technology to create the largest desalinization factory in the world and is the primary source of fresh water in the Middle East. One reason why Arab countries will privately fund Hamas while staying out of the foreground of war on Israel is almost every peace treaty has a "give us water" clause that they ain't trying to mess up. If Palestinians had a shot in hell of reclaiming Israel, they would be occupied immediately by the Arab countries that are funding them and the rest of the ME would negotiate water terms.
I did know this and Israel regime is also getting involved with the water situation between Egypt and Ethiopia. Desalination is extremely costly to maintain.

Crackers Phinn

As I've said repeatedly and will continue to do so: Dead kids are good for fundraising and PR for Hamas. How many of those kids would still be alive if they agreed to the cease fire when it was first put on the table?

KaciaLN12

As I've said repeatedly and will continue to do so: Dead kids are good for fundraising and PR for Hamas. How many of those kids would still be alive if they agreed to the cease fire when it was first put on the table?
I may be mistaken, but wasn’t a cease fire agreed to and then Israeli forces bombed or stormed a Palestinian hospital??

Kanky

For some reason people seem to have expectations of Israel that they don’t have of any other nation. Why do we expect them to have rockets fired at their cities while they respond in a way that results in zero causalities? How many kids did America kill looking for terrorists after 9/11? That’s how wars work. I feel sorry for anyone whose neighborhood becomes a war zone, but I’m not sure what people think Israel should do? Pack up and leave? Die? Just live with rockets being fired at them?

Rastafarai

Google?? You mean that platform known for scrubbing the publicizing of Palestinian news and murders is now the best platform to search for any acts against Palestine??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I may be mistaken, but wasn’t a cease fire agreed to and then Israeli forces bombed or stormed a Palestinian hospital??

You're not mistaken. I do not rely on Google for my news relating to Gaza, and Facebook/Instagram has banned any type of posts discussing the plight that's currently ongoing. Twitter (which chronicles first-hand experiences and impartial news media outlets), AP and Al Jazeera have been my main source of information as of late.