Gel

Jada

Does anyone her feel that using gel in the hair is damaging? if you do please tell me why I have been using hair gels with protective buns & phony ponys and I am some what skeptical about using gel.

PassionFruit

Does anyone her feel that using gel in the hair is damaging? if you do please tell me why I have been using hair gels with protective buns & phony ponys and I am some what skeptical about using gel.

most gels have alcohol which is drying/damaging to our hair..

I use 100% Aloe Vera Gel to alleviate that problem

AsTheCurlzTurns

most gels have alcohol which is drying/damaging to our hair..

I use 100% Aloe Vera Gel to alleviate that problem

I agree with the above bolded. But another thing damaging about it, is when people tend to try and COMB the gel (if it's hard) out of their hair instead of using some water to try and loosen it up.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Totally depends on the gel (some contain oils to counteract the drying effects), and how one treats the hair.

LadyKaypnyc

Not at all! I use IC Fantasia Aloe Vera gel (blue) and I love it. It doesn't dry my hair or scalp and it doesn't flake.

Last edited:

phyl73

I use the regular brown gel, but I co-wash daily and oil rinse as well. I also put Carefree Curl on my scalp and hair before I apply it. It is the ONLY :blush:gel that will hold my natural hair down and give me nice waves while I'm transitioning and wearing phony ponies.