Gelatin on hair?

Supervixen

Ladies, have any of you used gelatin on your hair?

Livestrong lists it as one of the best treatments for dry hair. They also list things "we" already use, avacado, eggs, olive oil, and bananas.

Were your results favorable?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/63532-hair-treatment-dry-hair/

Gelatin

Gelatin moisturizes dry brittle hair and can be added to normal shampoo or used alone as a hair mask. Gelatin contains a unique protein that instantly adds body and strength to dry brittle hair. Unflavored packets of gelatin can be found at any grocery store.

dlewis

I could see how it could be helpful. Gelatin is made from pig joints which contain collagen and protein. Collagen could help the hair become more elastic. thinking out loud

adw425

I have used unflavored gelatin in my conditioner. It is a type of protein treatment and it did leave me with strong, elastic hair. Because I added it to a protein conditioner for an extra boost, I had to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.

yardyspice

I used gelatin in my Vo5 until I ran out and I loved the way it made my hair feel. It just felt strong not to mention it was soooo cheap but you have to moisturize otherwise your hair will feel hard. I am going to pick some up today to use weekly.

LadyPaniolo

Wow, I'm loving the idea of a gelatin protein treatment. I'm taking gelatin capsules for the past month or so, and I can see that my nails are way stronger. Hopefully my hair is getting the same benefit :pray:

classychic1908

I've read about using gelatin to make hair gel... but if it is such a strong protein, I don't think I'd be comfortable using it that way. I may try adding to my dc to see what it's like.

Supervixen

As I read more, I saw MSA used it she actually made the gelatin and sprayed it on her hair (after it cooled).

It seems others are just adding the packets into a conditioner. Is this right?

freecurl

Sounds intriguing. I was thinking of purchasing some for ingestion to get stronger hair and nails. I never knew you could put it on your hair. Sounds like it would be messy. Look forward to hearing reviews.