George Floyd Dies After Saying He Can't Breathe After Arrest...video Shows Cop With Knee On His Neck

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Re: Trump's Babies Lives Matter

Since Black Lives Matter, there has been All Lives Matter, Blue Lives Matter, etc. Now this.

They don't have a natural creative bone in their bodies. This is the crux of their insecurities aand why they forever try to steal, control and appropriate everything they can.

Aside from that, it is beyond appalling and obviously racially offensive that this KKK leader is using an African American movement slogan to advance his own agenda while blatantly ignoring and willfully inciting racist incidents during these mutilple crisis.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thoughts?? Some are saying the officer was wrong and shouldn’t have approached the little girl.

Such a precious little child. It imperative that parents share with their children that not 'all' policeman (of any culture) are a threat or danger to them. All this child is hearing is fear, fear, fear. That's not healthy, neither mentally or physically. There is a 'balance' and children deserve to know it.

Jmartjrmd

Such a precious little child. It imperative that parents share with their children that not 'all' policeman (of any culture) are a threat or danger to them. All this child is hearing is fear, fear, fear. That's not healthy, neither mentally or physically. There is a 'balance' and children deserve to know it.
I totally agree. God forbid these babies get in a situation where they should utilize the police or their school resource officer and they don't. There is a lot for young children to fear that can bring them harm. I could see a creative pervert using this blanket fear all police to harm children. They need to know who they can go to for help.

Shimmie

Staff member
I totally agree. God forbid these babies get in a situation where they should utilize the police or their school resource officer and they don't. There is a lot for young children to fear that can bring them harm. I could see a creative pervert using this blanket fear all police to harm children. They need to know who they can go to for help.
Yessssss, thank you. Seeing the heartbreaking and unmerited harm, false arrests and loss of life that has come upon George Floyd, Breonna, Tayvon, Michael, Eric Garner...so many others, I still have to admit that police are still needed. I have friends and family members in law enforcement and it's no joke out there, there are real live criminals that need to be contained with police intervention. We just have to get rid of the rats and roaches and garbage among them (i.e., the bad police) and let the good ones do their job the way it's supposed to be done.

Children are entitled to have trust in the law; they are entitled to be protected by the law and not have to be afraid of them. They are entitled to have law enforcement intervention when someone in their home or school or church is doing harm to them, and not live with the sufferings of being abused / harmed.

yamilee21

Thoughts?? Some are saying the officer was wrong and shouldn’t have approached the little girl. ...
My kids were going to do an errand for me on their bikes recently... the closest option happened to involve riding past the local police precinct; the other option involved an extra mile detour. They opted for the longer ride; one of them said, "It's not like cops even need an excuse to shoot black kids." Mind you, this is what they believe despite the fact that we have police officers within our family and friend circle. The damage the police departments across the country have done collectively with all these unjustified killings, and with their violent repression of the recent protests is immeasurable.

discodumpling

We gone need a sticky to keep track of all of these deaths yall. In the midst of our despair they still killing us. We must continue to push this movement for all it has to offer. There has NEVER been a moment in time like this and it might not come back again so press on my people! Forward ever, backwards NEVER!!

ScorpioBeauty09

Thoughts?? Some are saying the officer was wrong and shouldn’t have approached the little girl.

I'll give the officer the benefit of the doubt that she was trying to make nice but I'm tired seeing of videos like this. It's easy, and doesn't solve the problem. I want police who unlawfully kill unarmed civilians to be held accountable and I want the "good cops" to call out the ones who aren't. Because how am I to know who the "good cops" are? o_O

mensa

Hi Shimmie,

The hangings occurred on California at two different occasions. The authorities said that these young men committed "suicide." I'm so upset until I can't even sleep. I've been praying for our people and will continue to do so, but this police brutality against us is wearing me out!

WHAT !?!!!!!? Two? When? Where?

This cannot continue!

Last edited:

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87

I live about 17 minutes from this Wendy’s. I’ve been to this Wendy’s plenty of times. I’m so saddened by this. His life has been snuffed from under him because he drank too much and had an unfortunate encounter with the wrong police officers.

I wish a responsible person had been at that Wendy’s to knock on his window to check on him and then get him the proper help.

The person who called the police and then likely got their food and left the Wendy’s must feel awful right now.

Always~Wear~Joy

I live about 17 minutes from this Wendy’s. I’ve been to this Wendy’s plenty of times. I’m so saddened by this. His life has been snuffed from under him because he drank too much and had an unfortunate encounter with the wrong police officers.

I wish a responsible person had been at that Wendy’s to knock on his window to check on him and then get him the proper help.

The person who called the police and then likely got their food and left the Wendy’s must feel awful right now.

I was just at Triton Yards yesterday which is very close to this Wendy's. I see they've burned down the Wendy's and there was a protest on I75/85. I agree the person who called must definitely feel awful. I know I would.

Literally no reason to shoot at him when they knew he only had the taser. They could've just chased and tackled him again.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Hi Shimmie,

The hangings occurred in California at two different occasions. The authorities said that these young men committed "suicide." I'm so upset until I can't even sleep. I've been praying for our people and will continue to do so, but this police brutality against us is wearing me out!
:nono: This is just too much. I don’t believe it was suicidal, nor coincidental.

What I don’t understand is why it’s not on the news ( CNN, etc.). Somehow, I missed hearing of this one. Beyond sad...

Everything Zen

I was just at Triton Yards yesterday which is very close to this Wendy's. I see they've burned down the Wendy's and there was a protest on I75/85. I agree the person who called must definitely feel awful. I know I would.

Literally no reason to shoot at him when they knew he only had the taser. They could've just chased and tackled him again.

Or just impounded the car and put out a warrant for his arrest. Or issued a citation for the car and let him call someone to let them drive him home that night without the breathalyzer since y’all chatted him up for 35 minutes beforehand anyway. Stacey Abrams called it- the cop’s egos were bruised when he ran. Way too much latitude and options.

awhyley

They toppled a statue of a former slave trader in Bristol, UK

View attachment 460177https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/07/edward-colston-statue-pulled-bristol-black-lives-matter-protesters/amp/

Of all the things I find refreshing, it's the toppling of all these statues in the US, UK and around the world. I'm a bit annoyed that this statue is going to a museum, but it's better than being out in the open, for the public to "enjoy".

(For those who may not click, this is about King Leopold II of Belgium having his statue torn down, based on his atrocities in the Congo)

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/09/world/europe/king-leopold-statue-antwerp.html

awhyley

I'll take all the small victories...Lady A included. But today's biggest victory was the passing of Breonnas Law in Louisville KY! Next up those officers need to be arrested and convicted...they better hold their kin tight tonight. Times almost up.

Per the link below, this annoys me though because they didn't even think to check to see whether someone was already using the name. Still white arrogance/ignorance on display.

Lady Antebellum Is Now ‘Lady A.’ But So Is a Blues Singer Who’s Used the Name for 20 Years
“This is my life. They’re using the name because of a Black Lives Matter incident that, for them, is just a moment in time,” says the original Lady A, a 61-year-old black singer who’s released multiple records under the name

Seattle blues singer Lady A had just gotten off of work on Thursday when a bombardment of phone messages from friends, fans and producers came in all shouting the same thing: Her name had been stolen.

Earlier that day, Grammy-winning country trio Lady Antebellum — whose name had been criticized for its associations with romanticized ideas of the pre-war, slavery-ridden American South — announced they were changing their name to Lady A in light of a heightened national conversation about racism. Lady Antebellum made the changes swiftly on social media and distribution platforms including Spotify and Apple Music, and the group’s website also announced their rechristening as Lady A. But according to Seattle’s Lady A, neither the band nor any members of their team reached out to her before making the change.

This Lady A — a 61-year-old black woman whose real name is Anita White — has been playing the blues under the name for more than 20 years. She began singing as a gospel performer at church and started going by Lady A for karaoke nights in the Eighties. She’s released multiple albums with the name, and on top of her day job working with Seattle Public Utilities, she’s gearing up to release another album, Lady A: Live in New Orleans, on her birthday on July 18th.

Link:
https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/lady-antebellum-lady-a-country-blues-1013919/

ThirdEyeBeauty

I avoided these videos because I felt there was an agenda to get black people triggered badly. With all the rioting beyond the protests, I felt like it was a way to change the current state of things like part of this "new normal" I completely refuse.

Now people are saying it is to change things. It is to defund the police and use something else such as being under constant video surveillance when out in public or more. For example, you commit a crime and there are electronic "trancers" with private police companies coming to you after the crime to arrest you. I thought no way, that's too much liberty or privacy being lost to people not involved in crime. Plus we need the police sometimes.

So I thought of all the times I needed or interacted with police or knew some when dating. Forget the police and forget this new normal. Instead, create a better future. At this moment, being with the way things are this type of policing needs to go. I don't know if I am ready for the alternative but I already assume I am on video as soon as I walk out of my home. It will probably be better than the current state of things if we are allowed to vote for the alternatives. Otherwise, we are in trouble in the U.S. Let me go dust off my passport.