1. https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/upcoming-changes.849375/
    Dismiss Notice

George Floyd Dies After Saying He Can't Breathe After Arrest...video Shows Cop With Knee On His Neck

Discussion in 'News - Breaking News & Political Forum' started by Jmartjrmd, May 26, 2020.

1. BrownSkinPoppin

BrownSkinPoppin formerly NaturallyBri87

Blog Posts:
    Nvm. It wouldn’t let me upload my pics

2. Miss_Luna

Miss_Luna Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I agree and Breonna's thread doesn't get as much traffic as this one. I don't want her thread to go to the second page. Black women are also being killed and assaulted. Not trying to create distance, but let's advocate for all of us with the same rigor.

3. Miss_Luna

Miss_Luna Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    There is a trump-supporting Black man that I know that is using these pics to promote a pro-life agenda.
    This dude was basically saying that all Black lives matter, including Black babies that are aborted. he's an idiot.

Kanky and Crackers Phinn like this.
  4. Jmartjrmd

Jmartjrmd Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Interesting a 911 operator saw the GF killing from watching surveillance camera.

Also several people called 911 including the off duty firefighter lady who got disconnected but couldnt get through when she called back.

5. TrulyBlessed

TrulyBlessed Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  6. ThirdEyeBeauty

ThirdEyeBeauty Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    ^^^ That woman is too unstable to be a police officer if a delay and mistake in her order causes her to react like that.

Unfortunately I know police officers and people going to police academy who are similar to her. We are in trouble now and in the future.

7. washyohandslildirty

washyohandslildirty Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  8. TrulyBlessed

Blog Posts:
  9. TrulyBlessed

Blog Posts:
    Looking like Caitlyn Jenner

10. gn1g

gn1g Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    hopeful for Kap

11. ThirdEyeBeauty

ThirdEyeBeauty Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    This is what this fool says:
    It would be a freezing cold August in southern California before I entertain any meeting with liar I-didn't-know-I-was-racist Karen Jenner.

12. Ayesha81

Ayesha81 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I just watched new video footage from the floyd incident it's terribly sad . I lost my appetite it feels like my whole soul just left my body. They had him dead and still handcuffed on the ambulance stretcher.

13. Shimmie

Shimmie "God is the Only Truth -- Period" Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    :nono: Makes absolutely no sense. :cry:

Sanity and mensa like this.
  14. Reinventing21

Reinventing21 Spreading my wings

Blog Posts:

I haven't been able to watch it yet. I feel I would throw up seeing someone tortured like that. I can't even stand it in movies much less real life.

15. washyohandslildirty

Blog Posts:
    Apparently, Atlanta policemen are suffering from sudden cases of “Blue Flu” and calling out sick. This is not good.

Atlanta (CNN) Hours after a fired police officer was charged with felony murder for fatally shooting a man in the back, Atlanta police officers are not responding to calls in three of the department's six zones, multiple sources within the Atlanta Police Department told CNN on Wednesday evening.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-police-not-answering-calls/index.html

16. Ganjababy

Ganjababy Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    She has a sense of entitlement. But I also think she is also having a breakdown. She is feeling the resentment and anger many people have towards cops at the moment. I think it’s ironic that she is obviously worried about mcdonalds staff doing something to her food (spitting in it?). I know exactly how it feels when you feel such resentment from (white in my case) servers that you wonder if they would spit in your food if given the chance.

17. UmSumayyah

UmSumayyah Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I rea
    Which three zones and who lives there?

Reinventing21 likes this.
  18. TrulyBlessed

Blog Posts:
    This is messed up, smh.

Swipe

19. TrulyBlessed

Blog Posts:
  20. Shimmie

Blog Posts:
    They're both wrong in this video. The manager, who is apathetic and resistant to the BLM 'message'. The employee (the guy in the video) who knows she's apathetic and he is up in her face about it, via the BLM mask. He should have gone to corporate, sharing his feelings before putting his mask on display.

The BLM message is world wide and to be honest this guy has an 'up in your face' attitude more than the real human message that Black Lives Matter. He was arrogant...period. When you work for other people, be ready for oppositional reactions. At the end of the day, TACO Bell is about THEIR bottom dollar, not anyone else's cause. He needs to acquire his own business / franchise; then he can wear whatever message he chooses.

Theresamonet likes this.
  21. washyohandslildirty

Blog Posts:
    The article didn’t specify but this update video with audio of officers not responding says Zone 3 and 6 I think...others may have been effected.

TrulyBlessed likes this.
  22. Kanky

Kanky Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Every single cop that calls out should be fired and replaced.

CurlyNiquee, qchelle, Lute and 9 others like this.
  23. washyohandslildirty

Blog Posts:
    NYPD encouraged to call out on July 4th.

24. awhyley

awhyley Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    What happened to protect and serve? :confused:

25. Maracujá

Maracujá November 2019 --> 13 years natural!!!

Blog Posts:
    Slogan. That's all it ever was.

26. Everything Zen

Everything Zen Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    ^^^ Pipe dream- disturbances decrease to the point where many of them are actually no longer needed.

27. TrulyBlessed

Blog Posts:
    On one hand I get it but on the other hand Karen would need to get up out my face. I want to see more videos like this for George Zimmerman though. This guy is complicit but he looks like a “nice person” that would do what he’s told even if it’s wrong. Kinda like a poor idiot that follows the crowd because he’s too afraid to speak up. Being that he was a few days new to the job he didn’t stand a chance of doing the right thing in George or anyone else’s situation based on the personality vibes I’m getting.

Swipe

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  28. Shimmie

Blog Posts:
    You know what... just listening to her voice is an irritant. First of all, she could care less about George Floyd, personally or otherwise. I’m tired of the ones with the fake outcries over this. Approaching this man doesn’t prove she really cares. She’s just running her mouth.

Thank God for the ones who truly care. They’re willing to go the full distance and not back out when it starts to cost them something.

Peppermynt, Theresamonet and sharentu like this.
  29. TrulyBlessed

Blog Posts:
    Minnesota jail accused of bias in allowing only white officers to guard Derek Chauvin

The discrimination complaint says corrections personnel of color were barred from the floor where the former officer accused in George Floyd's death was held.

June 21, 2020, 3:37 PM EDT

Eight people of color who work as correctional officers in Minnesota filed a discrimination lawsuit Friday alleging that they were barred from guarding or being on the same floor as Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer charged with murder in the death of George Floyd.

When Chauvin was initially charged with third-degree murder May 29, he was taken to the Ramsey County Jail, where, eight complainants say, the superintendent segregated the correctional officers so Chauvin was guarded only by white people.

Bonnie Smith, the attorney for the eight guards, told NBC News on Sunday that her clients were told that they had to leave the fifth floor, where Chauvin would be held. All those told to leave were people of color, and they were replaced by white officers, Smith said.

[​IMG]
    Derek Chauvin.Hennepin County Jail / via AFP - Getty Images
    The officers were "humiliated and debased," said Smith, who said the decision made them feel as though they weren't trusted by their supervisors

"My clients came to work that day fully prepared to do their work. They are highly trained, experienced professionals in dangerous and volatile situations and were just as well equipped as their white counterparts to perform their work duties on May 29," she said. "The fact that they weren't allowed to do so has devastated them."

In the suit, the clients are seeking monetary compensation, training on racial bias for all jail employees and a formal and public apology, as well as for the supervisors responsible for the decision to be disciplined.

"Their primary goal is to make sure it doesn't happen again," Smith said.

The Ramsey County Sheriff's Office said only three officers were reassigned for a total of 45 minutes.

"Recognizing that the murder of George Floyd was likely to create particularly acute racialized trauma, I felt I had an immediate duty to protect and support employees who may have been traumatized and may have heightened ongoing trauma by having to deal with Chauvin," Ramsey County Jail Superintendent Steve Lydon said in a statement. "Out of care and concern, and without the comfort of time, I made the decision to limit exposure to employees of color to a murder suspect who could potentially aggravate those feelings."

Smith said Lydon's response "appears to be an after-the-fact justification," adding that her clients "never asked for protection" and that Lydon's "care and concern" were not mentioned to the officers while they were being segregated.

"If he is really trying to protect my clients from racial trauma, he shouldn't be segregating them on the basis of skin color," Smith said. "He isn't preventing racial trauma — he is creating it."

The sheriff's office said that while it reviews what happened, Lydon's responsibilities have been modified and it has installed an interim supervisor.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...officers-guard-derek-chauvin-lawsuit-n1231676

Peppermynt and lavaflow99 like this.
  30. tibb1908

tibb1908 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    This is exactly why we need reform of police unions and qualified immunity. They are mad because he used excessive force, killed a man, and was charged. The punishment didn't fit the crime. What happened to foot pursuits? They could have impounded the car and still arrested him even if it wasn't that night that's what body cams are for. That thin blue line needs to go because I don't think you're a good cop if you allow bad cops to commit crimes and you don't speak up.