George Floyd Dies After Saying He Can't Breathe After Arrest...video Shows Cop With Knee On His Neck

Layluh

I’m not gonna cuss anyone out but what does that have to do with the incident on Memorial Day?

I can google but if you have a link it would be greatly appreciated.
Nothing but it determines my reaction to his death.

But like I said, i could only find one article, from the daily mail at that. I tried searching around for about 5 minutes and couldn't find anything else.

@UmSumayyah nothing comes up when i search for Cecilia regina floyd

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I’m not gonna cuss anyone out but what does that have to do with the incident on Memorial Day?

I can google but if you have a link it would be greatly appreciated.
I wasn’t ever in danger of going out to protest but that information reinforces my decision to stay within the safety of my own home.

The police shouldn’t have murdered him AND I’m not risking my safety for a dude who points guns at pregnant black women. Those two concepts don’t cancel each other out.

Layluh

I wasn’t ever in danger of going out to protest but that information reinforces my decision to stay within the safety of my own home.

The police shouldn’t have murdered him AND I’m not risking my safety for a dude who points guns at pregnant black women. Those two concepts don’t cancel each other out.
That coupled with the fact that his best friend said bw are more dangerous than cops. And then you see georges GF. im good.

Kanky

I have never gone to a BLM type protest and won’t be starting in a pandemic. People are wasting time and effort marching in the street, but at least the looters who covered their faces well enough not to get caught have profited in new Nike’s and Gucci bags. Absolutely nothing will change because we as a society have decided that the police are above the law. Not just for murder, but for assault, asset seizures and all kinds of other crimes. America is a third world police state in a looted Gucci belt.

I would love to see some serious police reform and accountability but it isn’t going to happen and no amount of marching and burning down Target is going to make it happen. They will abuse people when they think that they can get away with it, which is most of the time.

PuddingPop

The white people in my town are really showing their true ugly colors.
There have been nothing but peaceful protests all over NJ and peaceful protests close to my town right over the border in PA but how dare us Blacks try to organize something for ourselves where we live and pay taxes?
All lives matter, why do we get to have a rally , it didn’t happen here , there is going to be violence ....
So much ugliness and hatred , but I’m definitely keeping a mental check lists of the racists like I usually do.

NijaG

I read on commentary on IG that the onyibo girlfriend was either an Ex-GF or side piece. That he was currently involved and/or married to a BW.

They used her for the interview to create divisions. That’s the theory at least.

UmSumayyah

Nothing but it determines my reaction to his death.

But like I said, i could only find one article, from the daily mail at that. I tried searching around for about 5 minutes and couldn't find anything else.

@UmSumayyah nothing comes up when i search for Cecilia regina floyd
I used Facebook search, not Google.

discodumpling

Controversial: I dont give a good gosh darn who he pointed his gun at. If they ain't catch him and put a knee in his neck then #payit.
The issue at hand is how George Floyd died. Brutal, savagery they have a lock on that. The idgaf attitude of the cop is what sticks with me. He killed a man with a smirk on his face and his hands in his pockets...that's a different type of evil.

Last edited:

NijaG

He also said Ellen degeneres and Jane Fonda if that matters...

No and Yes...... It’s the choice of possible WM and WW allies to help. Sometimes it’s better not to call out these “allies” so that we can see those truly concerned about the injustices BP face and/or those doing it just to look good.

Stop calling out BW (celebrity or non-celeb). BW have been rallying for the BC (BM) causes macro and micro scale way more than the reverse.

NijaG

Controversial: I dont give a good gosh darn who he pointed his gun at. If they ain't catch him and put a knee in his neck then #payit.
The issue at hand is how George Floyd died. Brutal, savagery they have a lock on that. The idgaf attitude of the cop is what sticks with me. He killed a man with a smirk on his face an his hands in his pockets...that's a different type of evil.

Listen.... if he did what he was accused of, then hopefully he did his time.

For me the bigger picture is not necessarily about the individual BM, but these officers in position of authority that feel and know for the most part that they can kill a BM/BW w/o much consequences.

It’s not like they checked his criminal record and saw that he may have committed a crime against a pregnant woman before they killed him.

What they knew at the time was he tried to pay a bill or something with a fake $20 bill.

Is that enough to kill someone?

All those WM militia and WW protestors who wanted their states opened, not one death reported. These were Non-mask wearing protestors who could pass on a virus with serious consequences. No deaths, serious injuries, nothing.

They were right up in these cops faces.... shouting, spitting, etc with guns.

awhyley

Whoa, this situation has escalated beyond proportions. This is even scarier now than Covid. I hope this all ends with the objective of fairness being achieved. I'm praying for you ladies (and your family members and friends) caught in the friction. Stay safe out there. :pray:

(eta: The curfews are back. Miami just announced theirs.)

Last edited:

yamilee21

The protests are clearly bigger than George Floyd at this point. They have become an excuse for the militarized police to go to war against anyone who isn’t police (attacks against journalists and photographers, against people randomly walking home from the grocery store, against people on their own front porches and stoops, etc. have been documented on social media). Add the craziness of right-wing and white supremacists jumping in with the looting and destruction because of their own hopes for a race war or a civil war, and the utter lack of leadership of the president of 40% of voters, all in the middle of a pandemic that is bound to get worse in the coming weeks, and it is hard to see how the result will be anything other than complete anarchy or the vicious dictatorship said president has been itching for. This situation is a dream come true for Putin, except that the pandemic is out of control in Russia right now, they can no longer pretend that it is a few extra cases of lethal pneumonia, so Putin can’t even properly take advantage of it.

I’ve never had any desire to go to space, but I can’t help but think that those two astronauts who docked at the space station today are very fortunate to be able to escape Earth right now.

UmSumayyah

The issue at hand is how George Floyd died. Brutal, savagery they have a lock on that. The idgaf attitude of the cop is what sticks with me. He killed a man with a smirk on his face an his hands in his pockets...that's a different type of evil.
Your viewpoint is actually quite ordinary.

Layluh

Once they refused to blame black people for something then i knew something else was at play.

And im sorry but this timing is suspicious as hell. We all know we are more susceptible and die at higher rates from covid so were already stressed about that then the news is going to make a bad situation worse by showing ahmad, then teyanna, then central park guy, now this. All in like 2 weeks.

Its a horrible thing to have to deal with and worry about covid AND this. Were being attacked on all fronts...This to me is psychological warfare.

Its all too much for many and though i stopped letting social issues effect me after Trayvon died, i feel for those who are still affected by this stuff.

Keep your spirits high ladies and detox if you need to or take a break from this thread.